Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who has a LM Pulse?

Poncho65 · 230 · 22850

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Who has a LM Pulse?
Reply #60 on: May 25, 2008, 12:18:57 AM
Glad to here that  :D I'll be sure to check in on the post  :cheers:

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #61 on: May 29, 2008, 11:34:33 PM
Guess i can join the Pulse club now. Mine was sitting on my doorstep today when i got home from work. It too has the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 logo on the side of it. I bought it off Ebay last week for about 20 bucks. Came in a nice tin with a ballistic sheath and all the paperwork, registration. Does seem pretty sturdy and gotta love that long reach phillips and a good pair of scissors too. Locks are a little weird but they seem to work effectively.

Mine has 0401 and USA stamped on the plier head.

I recommend you get one as they are super cheap and have the right tool combo-scissors, good phillips, long knife, diamond file, and a lanyard ring. Guy still has plenty on Ebay--he didn't show or mention they had Windows written on the side though...might be a deal breaker for some of ya'll.
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #62 on: May 30, 2008, 02:03:53 AM
Congrats on the new Pulse  :D the locks where a little weird to get used to but I have adjusted well they have loosened up a bit as well :D and I don't believe that the guy on Ebay will ever run out of them, been selling them on there for a long time now.  I don't really mind the windows logo but like you said some would not even consider buying it  :ahhh  owe yeah welcome to the club  :D
For such a small size tool it sure does pack a lot in there love the tool compliment  :climber: really can't say enough about this tool :multi:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #63 on: June 06, 2008, 04:45:51 AM
Anybody else recently aquire a Pulse. :multi:  Or anybody have any problem or concerns about theres. Mine is still going strong and there doesn't seem to be any problems with it :D Or does anybody just have a story about theirs  :pok:  :D

And why was this tool only in production for 4 years while the Flair was in for 5  ???

Was just over at the timeline and can't seem to grasp why LM would only make this wonderful tool for just a short while.  :think:

us Offline Pacu

Reply #64 on: June 06, 2008, 05:13:35 AM
I recently put my Surge into service as i was afraid my wave was going to snap at work last week. I'd probably carry the Pulse but i think it's too light weight to do what i neeed it to do at work. Plus it is so shiny and brand new i'm afraid to get a fingerprint on it.  :D

For anything other than electrical -construction work i would edc it.
:like:    :MTO:

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #65 on: June 06, 2008, 04:57:25 PM
I have had the Pulse 2 days , I have not used it in anger but have handled it a lot  whilst watching TV ::) . The locks are a bit kooky , but so am I  :D. I think from the look of it the file it might be LM's best, the diamond side is very fine & I have one with the groove down the middle , a great feature. It is definitely coming away OS with me .

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #66 on: June 07, 2008, 04:38:21 AM
I have had the Pulse 2 days , I have not used it in anger but have handled it a lot  whilst watching TV ::) . The locks are a bit kooky , but so am I  :D. I think from the look of it the file it might be LM's best, the diamond side is very fine & I have one with the groove down the middle , a great feature. It is definitely coming away OS with me .

Hey MM what's the date on your Pulse also did you get Windows version or one without logos :)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 04:40:14 AM by Poncho65 »

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #67 on: June 07, 2008, 04:58:38 AM

Hey MM what's the date on your Pulse also did you get Windows version or one without logos :)

Ponch the Pulses birthday is 1100, BTW has any one had luck removing the Windows print (my one has it) .I have read elsewhere you can use a Dremal to remove Logos  .I wonder if Microsoft actually used any of these , I do not think they did , the way sellers seem to have bought them in lots IMO. :cheers:

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

Offline raptor

Reply #68 on: June 07, 2008, 07:15:32 AM
seems much better than PST II :drool:

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #69 on: June 07, 2008, 01:47:50 PM
I still love my Pulse. It was by far the trade that I think was my best. The tool is just the right size and weight to make it a user. I really like the lock also. It really has that over engineered thing going.
S

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #70 on: June 07, 2008, 06:35:07 PM

I think I would prefer the PST II.
I'm back!!

Offline Rodion

• When shumer hits the fan, bolo for me, mam.
Reply #71 on: June 07, 2008, 07:12:07 PM
Congrats on the new Pulse  :D the locks where a little weird to get used to but I have adjusted well they have loosened up a bit as well :D and I don't believe that the guy on Ebay will ever run out of them, been selling them on there for a long time now.  I don't really mind the windows logo but like you said some would not even consider buying it  :ahhh  owe yeah welcome to the club  :D
For such a small size tool it sure does pack a lot in there love the tool compliment  :climber: really can't say enough about this tool :multi:

Yet others would consider buying it, then demanding a refund through paypal.  >:D
W

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #72 on: June 08, 2008, 03:45:53 AM

It has everything PST II has except has reg blade instead of serrated, locks and rolled edges which make it more comfortable.

I think I would prefer the PST II.

Yeah but you're just saying that because of the locks  :P :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #73 on: June 08, 2008, 03:46:53 AM
That and you traded yours off to Hawkchucker  :) :D

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #74 on: June 08, 2008, 04:37:04 AM
He sure did!!!!
S

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #75 on: June 08, 2008, 05:31:43 AM

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #76 on: June 08, 2008, 11:54:37 PM

Yep, but I am saying that because of the locks and not because it locks (if you get me  :think:).   I just didn't get on with them.

I'm back!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #77 on: June 09, 2008, 01:27:53 AM

Yep, but I am saying that because of the locks and not because it locks (if you get me  :think:).   I just didn't get on with them.

Owe ;) okay loud and clear  :salute:

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Reply #78 on: June 09, 2008, 11:50:29 PM
It Kinda does have a learning curve to the lock. I kinda like it however. Just give it to someone and watch them try to close the tool.
S

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #79 on: June 09, 2008, 11:55:53 PM
It Kinda does have a learning curve to the lock. I kinda like it however. Just give it to someone and watch them try to close the tool.

Yeah they get that quite confused look, then they look at you like what do I do know? :D

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #80 on: June 10, 2008, 07:50:19 PM

Ponch the Pulses birthday is 1100, BTW has any one had luck removing the Windows print (my one has it) .I have read elsewhere you can use a Dremal to remove Logos  .I wonder if Microsoft actually used any of these , I do not think they did , the way sellers seem to have bought them in lots IMO. :cheers:

I bought an eraeser. you can get them from smokey mountain knives. it took the logo right off.

Offline Hoghead

Reply #81 on: June 10, 2008, 10:45:58 PM
scrappy,

What kind of eraser did you use? Could you see any marks or any other signs that you had used the eraser?

Can you recommend a method? Do I need to use circular motions, etc.

Thanks!

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #82 on: June 11, 2008, 01:26:48 AM
it is designed for removing rust. stanley makes one or united cutlery did and marketed it as stanley. it removed the logo and left faint scratches.

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #83 on: June 11, 2008, 01:27:22 AM
I took no care to pay attention to the motion I used, just any dirrection :)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #84 on: June 11, 2008, 03:37:00 AM
Yeah I know what kind of eraser your talking about I only live like 2 hours away from SMKnife Works store in fact thats where I got my Blast and Watch gift set from.  I use to have some of those erasers but I haven't had one in years very handy for getting rust off just about anything without damage to metal. :D Next time I go up there I need to check into gettin some more, but who knows when that will be :-\ I am close but don't seem like we ever have the time to go up there anymore :( Appreciate the suggestion though  :salute: :D

Offline Hoghead

Reply #85 on: June 11, 2008, 04:46:01 AM
it is designed for removing rust. stanley makes one or united cutlery did and marketed it as stanley. it removed the logo and left faint scratches.

Thanks!!!

I thought about using tooth paste and rubbing it with my fingers.

I removed a scratch in a car windshield with tooth paste that I rubbed in a circular motion. There were no scratches in the glass when I was done.

I have a logo on a NIB Leatherman Sideclip. I would prefer it without the logo, but I don't want to scratch it.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #86 on: June 12, 2008, 12:31:55 AM

Thanks!!!

I thought about using tooth paste and rubbing it with my fingers.

I removed a scratch in a car windshield with tooth paste that I rubbed in a circular motion. There were no scratches in the glass when I was done.

I have a logo on a NIB Leatherman Sideclip. I would prefer it without the logo, but I don't want to scratch it.

If you get one (an eraser I mean) let us know how it turns out on the Sideclip ;) Man I need to get an eraser until I read that post I had actually forgotten about them, they have cleaned up some pretty rusty knife blades up for me :o :D

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #87 on: June 18, 2008, 07:48:07 PM
Hey scrappy I just went to a Hardware store at the first of the week that have a big room full of knives and quite a few MTs and just so happens I found some erasers.  Thanks again for the tip.I also found some of those Sackups that Benner has talked about before I have been using it on my Wave and it does seem a lot more comfortable for pocket carry :D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #88 on: June 18, 2008, 11:55:35 PM
Glad you like the sack-ups mate.  :)  They keep all the crud out as well.
I'm back!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #89 on: June 19, 2008, 12:16:00 AM
Yeah I remember you talking highly of them and I saw them and thought well why not they are rather nice  :cheers: :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%