Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A polite suggestion

kirk13 · 17 · 2006

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
A polite suggestion
on: July 13, 2013, 01:37:55 AM
I'd like to offer a polite suggestion to some of our newer,and one or two of our older members regarding giveaways.

In July the whole giveaway thing goes gloriously crazy.its great that so many giveaways are on offer,but it might be nice if a few more people said thank you!

Regardless of whether the prizes are offered by a knife or Multitool manifacture,or a private individual out of his or her own pocket,it cost nothing to say thanks or cheers...it is just good manners!Even a suitable emoticon folks

Thank you for your time,rant over :rant:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: A polite suggestion
Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 02:21:44 AM
HUGE thanks to all of our friends who have taken part in our anniversary, and to all the members who have kept this place alive long enough to have anniversaries!

Def

Sent from the place I sent it from

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 02:30:58 AM
I'm very thankful for all the great members and companies that are willing to donate these awesome prizes to this great forum! :tu:

One thing that I'd like to see is the new members that only post in the giveaway threads post a little something about themselves. It kind of bugs me when people use this place to try and only benefit themselves without giving anything back to this great place.

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 02:34:56 AM
And you lazy newbsmurfs, at the very least keep the giveaway lists intact.
Don't just post your number, add it to the list.
Use the preview function, it will tell you if somebody else has posted while you have been newbing around.

/end rant.

Me thinks we could do with a vent thread. Maybe a thanks thread would be better.

ca Offline Metropolicity

• No Life Club
  • Hack Virtuoso
Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 07:29:18 AM
Glad to have helped and been able to contribute. Heck, a whole new product was created JUST for the give away!

Behold the M7 Toollet! http://skinthsolutions.com/the-m7-toollet/

Why stop now?

Visit the whole Skinth family here: http://www.skinthsolutions.com

Keep up with The Skinths on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SkinthSolutions

Shapeways - Metro's Q-branch:
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/metro-qbranch

PayPal: metrogradegoods [at} gmail. com

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 08:50:25 AM
Use the preview function, it will tell you if somebody else has posted while you have been newbing around.

/end rant...

LOL @ "newbing around"

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 01:51:06 PM
I'd like to offer a polite suggestion to some of our newer,and one or two of our older members regarding giveaways.

In July the whole giveaway thing goes gloriously crazy.its great that so many giveaways are on offer,but it might be nice if a few more people said thank you!

Regardless of whether the prizes are offered by a knife or Multitool manifacture,or a private individual out of his or her own pocket,it cost nothing to say thanks or cheers...it is just good manners!Even a suitable emoticon folks

Thank you for your time,rant over :rant:
although it goes against one of our main rules/principals I have to agree ... KIRKY IS RIGHT !  :o politeness costs nothing  :rant:
I don't 'normally' go for give-aways but there have been some tempting ones lately, and I may have not said a big enough 'thank you' to the giverawayers  ::)
so here goes " THANK YOU"  :tu:

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 03:04:59 PM
I am new here,  but I agree.   I have noticed how some people just simply throw in their number and it does bother me.   Maybe I was just raised differently.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

If I can help, let me know 

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 03:34:12 PM
Good points Kirk :salute: Thank yous don't cost a thing, and this month we certainly have a bunch of folks who deserve a big one from all of us! :tu:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 04:48:54 PM

/end rant...

LOL @ "newbing around"

(Image removed from quote.)
@%$#&, all this time I have only been newbing around?  :ahhh You can't help learning new stuff everyday around here!  :rofl:

Wait, is it "newbing" or "noobing"?
Now I am confused.  :ahhh  :twak: :ahhh

and yes, a big Thank you to all who make this forum possible and add to it in your own way.  :salute: :salute:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 07:05:34 AM
I agree with this, and I try to make sure I say thanks in every giveaway thread in which I participate.  If I don't, feel free to call me out on it as it's not my intention to be ungrateful to all the generous folks here.  I hope to someday do my own giveaway.  The only problem is I don't really have anything that most here probably don't already have or care to own.  Someday though, I will do my own as I feel I should give back to this wonderful community here :salute:

Oh and it also bugs me that during all these generous anniversary giveaways, I saw several first posts.  I suppose that's ok if they were possibly lurkers who joined up and figured they'd try their luck, but I wonder if that's the case with all of them.  I guess we'll see how many of these new members actually come back after the giveaways are all finished.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:07:29 AM by Monrogue »
K-Tibbs

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 07:22:28 AM
I agree with this, and I try to make sure I say thanks in every giveaway thread in which I participate.  If I don't, feel free to call me out on it as it's not my intention to be ungrateful to all the generous folks here.  I hope to someday do my own giveaway.  The only problem is I don't really have anything that most here probably don't already have or care to own.  Someday though, I will do my own as I feel I should give back to this wonderful community here :salute:

You took the words right out of my mouth P.J. (it's a line from a movie)

Sent from my digital communication device using my fingers and a touch screen.

Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 12:33:55 PM
Oh and it also bugs me that during all these generous anniversary giveaways, I saw several first posts.  I suppose that's ok if they were possibly lurkers who joined up and figured they'd try their luck, but I wonder if that's the case with all of them.  I guess we'll see how many of these new members actually come back after the giveaways are all finished.
That's what bugs me the most, the ones that only participate in the giveaways.  I'll often look to see their other posts, and for most of them they only post in the giveaways. Some that have even won have never come back to claim their prize.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 01:05:04 PM
We have had a few that have never claimed their prizes, which is fine as we eventually recycle them into new giveaways.  :D

In fact, I currently have a custom SAK that has yet to be claimed, so we may have to find another way to distribute it...

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 01:56:12 PM
I thought that too many thanks and congrats after a givaway is a kind of informational noise. But I'll try to congratulate as much as I can.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 04:01:40 PM
It's weird that some haven't even claimed their prizes.  I mean, why even bother to register and enter in the first place?  That's just taking away from the honest, registered moochers like me (even though I have yet to win anything :().  I know if I won, I'd be  :woohoo: all over the place.  Someday I will do my own giveaway though, perhaps when I hit 5000 posts :think: 
K-Tibbs

il Offline Threeme2189

• No Life Club
  • When in doubt, use a bigger hammer.
Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 04:28:02 PM
I have won a couple of giveaways so far and have thanked everyone possible for their kindness :-)
Who in their right mind would register, enter a giveaway and then not claim the prize?

Sent from my digital communication device using my fingers and a touch screen.

Chuck Norris' preferred iron supplement is rebar.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%