Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

A Blast from my past!

gb Offline farrierphil

• Game over man, game over!
A Blast from my past!
on: July 24, 2013, 10:50:26 PM
I recently found this tool that i bought when i was 14yrs old (27 years ago in 1986!). Back then it was a companion with my SAK but now it rides shotgun with my Charge Tti. I bought it an army surplus shop in Belfast and it came with a (FREE!) leatherette wallet and key chain.
                                     It has a can and a bottle opener, flat head screwdriver/pry bar, nail file,saw, ruler, blade edge, wire stripper and wrench. The reversr side is highly polished for signalling. AND in its day it could be used as a compass. Put your string in the hole in the centre right and bingo, she would point north!
                                     OK its no Pocket wrench Mako or anything BUT as i say its 27 years old and thats the question. How long has Pocket Wrench and others been making them. When i bought it it was called new-fangled and futureistic lol! There is no manufacturing name on it and the packageing is looong gone. Any ideas please?
                               (sorta hoping people remember the 1980s here! And yes i also did own the original RAMBO knife!  :facepalm:)
63400001.JPG
* 63400001.JPG (Filesize: 232.27 KB)

ph Offline Goatlord666

• I am the ghost that haunts the GERBER MTo Forum
Re: A Blast from my past!
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 03:01:50 AM
hahaha I am yet to see this configuration on a survival card....and yeah those rambo knives were pretty hot back then....I guess they still are
Cheers,
Gabriel

"you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need"

"I have a confession to make: I am addicted to steel, I have a smoking problem, I have a short attention span and I am easily amused"

"Balisongs Forever!!!"

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 05:25:57 AM
That's 8)
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline Jailbird

Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 07:17:45 PM