Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My Perfect SAK

ca Offline ianbalgobin

My Perfect SAK
on: January 24, 2014, 05:43:50 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm relatively new to the forum, and SAKs, but I've been a Leatherman fan for years.
That said, I'm trying find a way to consolidate my two multitool EDCs into one perfect EDC SAK.  Currently, I carry a Leatherman Skeletool in my jeans Zippo pocket along with my EagleTac D25 Clicky flashlight, and a jet lighter.  In my left front pocket, I carry my wallet, and either a Victorinox Cybertool 34 or SwissBianco CyberYeoman.
The Skeletool and the Cybertool/CyberYeoman are my multitool EDCs.  My idea for the perfect consolidated multitool would be to take the best of both, and leave the worst/least used.
So here’s my idea.
1.   Start with the Victorinox Nomad. 
2.   Add the Bit-Driver from the CyberTool.
3.   Add a slot in the scales for the Straight Pin, and Pen from the 91mm SAKs.
4.   Add Scissors
5.   Add the Magnifying Glass/Philips Driver layer from the Victorinox Explorer.
6.   Sell me about a dozen of them.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?  Any custom makers want to try making it?
Cheers!
nomad.jpg
* nomad.jpg (Filesize: 20.3 KB)

se Offline Northern Geek

Re: My Perfect SAK
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:19:29 PM
I think you'd have a hard time getting those tools to fit outside of a 91 mm model.

The closes you'd come in an existing model is probably the Cyber Yeoman. Might we worth looking up? Or just have some talented modder make you something similar. :)

ca Offline ianbalgobin

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 07:42:31 PM
Thanks Northern Geek,
I've already got the Cyber Yeoman.  I like it, but I really want the large locking blade from the Nomad or Centurion.  I've got the Centurion too.
I like the 111mm frames, and really like the liner lock mechanism.  I LOVE the CyberTool bit driver.  I would be overjoyed if these two came together.

00 Offline papercut

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 08:03:13 PM
there has been some nodding of 111mms in the modsquad forum.   It may be possible!
Lurking with a large collection of sharp knives!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%