Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

BO Paratool

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
BO Paratool
on: August 05, 2013, 09:05:19 PM
After much faffing around,and one Paratool getting lost in the post,my BO Paratool finally arrived on Saturday  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

After having waited over a month for it to arrive,I'd kind of got to the point of wondering why I'd even bothered ordering to begin with.Not Theres anything wrong with Paratools,after all I have an S31 already  :D

But opening it up,I got to say,I was very pleased!

The tool load as supplied is good,with a PE blade,a SE Warncliff blade,large flat driver,medium flat driver/cap lifter,Phillips,file,awl and can opener.There is still space for two more tools,or the socket adopter.While talking about the tool load,I do wonder if a saw wouldn't have been better than having two blades?Also the fine screw driver would have been a welcome addition.Just nit picking really :shrug:

The basic nature of SOGs Lego tool concept is one of the things we love about these tools,as my S31 demonstrates

The B31 will be getting additional tools soon... >:D

The actual black oxide finish is good...I Havnt had any of it rubbing off on my hands.Well not yet anyway.Any other BO tool I've had from new so far has needed a good rubbing down to remove surplus coating,so full marks for this :tu:

The sheath supplied is corduroy,with Velcro fastener,and plastic belt clip.Cant say too much here as odds on the Paratool will spend its operation deployments in my Skinth.

The only other stand out point to mention is the pivots...unlike the older S31,the B31 has Hex nut pivots instead.Not a big thing,but worth noting.

In summary,the B31 feels good in the hand,very tactile.Old a quirky design it may be,but it is still a viable Multitool.

Pros:Good tool load
        Great finish
       Handles won't cut into your hands

Cons:Generally overpriced
        Could hold more tools
        Quirky design can be off putting

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:25:11 PM by kirk13 »
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Re: BO Paratool
Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 09:28:19 PM
Glad you finally got it.  :tu:

Also, the blades look different on that one. My BO Paratool has the same serrated blade as your SS one. And the PE blade on yours is also different. Wonder how many variations of the Paratool there are. :think:

Here's how the tools on mine looked like before the swapping of parts. Notice the different blades.

And the original version had a very different tool setup if I remember correctly.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 10:48:03 PM
Glad it turned up eventually john  :tu: very cool in bo,i had a ss version but didnt get on with it,although i would have another one  :tu:

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 01:29:05 PM

Also, the blades look different on that one. My BO Paratool has the same serrated blade as your SS one. And the PE blade on yours is also different. Wonder how many variations of the Paratool there are. :think:

Here's how the tools on mine looked like before the swapping of parts. Notice the different blades.

(Image removed from quote.)

And the original version had a very different tool setup if I remember correctly.

Mines the same as yours mate...it has nut & bolt securing the tools where as kirk13 has hex bolts  ;)

I bought mine from Tim felinevet quite some time ago now and it has glow in the dark dots on the handles...I found out via this forum that it was a mod done by Stormdrane, so he must have sold it on to Tim and I ended up with it 8) :tu:

I might do the same mod to my PPP all I need is some glow in the dark powder...I already have epoxy ;)
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 01:58:11 PM

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/enki_ck/Multitools/P9020110-1.jpg

Mines the same as yours mate...it has nut & bolt securing the tools where as kirk13 has hex bolts  ;)

I bought mine from Tim felinevet quite some time ago now and it has glow in the dark dots on the handles...I found out via this forum that it was a mod done by Stormdrane, so he must have sold it on to Tim and I ended up with it 8) :tu:

I might do the same mod to my PPP all I need is some glow in the dark powder...I already have epoxy ;)

The nut & bolt to hex change happened in the last year across the SOG line. I remember the glowy Paratool. I think he did it to a PPP not too long ago too. :D

de Offline Dr. Bahn

Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 10:18:28 PM
The nut & bolt to hex change happened in the last year across the SOG line.
Are you sure about that? My silver Paratool and my BO PPP which I bought about 3-4 years ago both have hex bolts.   ;)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 10:35:03 PM
The nut & bolt to hex change happened in the last year across the SOG line.
Are you sure about that? My silver Paratool and my BO PPP which I bought about 3-4 years ago both have hex bolts.   ;)

Maybe. :think: Or you might be a time traveler. :ahhh

:D

I know the most started getting the torx recently. :shrug: Hopefully someone with more SOG knowledge will be around shortly.

de Offline Dr. Bahn

Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 10:52:06 PM
Maybe. :think: Or you might be a time traveler. :ahhh

:D

I know the most started getting the torx recently. :shrug: Hopefully someone with more SOG knowledge will be around shortly.
I would not have been travelling into the future then for sure.  :D

I am not 100 % sure when I have bought the two SOGs anymore but I am sure that those hex bolts are already around with SOG mts for a few years now.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%