Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Mid 1980's riveted Japanese pst on eBay

gb Offline Philby

Mid 1980's riveted Japanese pst on eBay
on: July 31, 2013, 12:54:10 PM
Seen this on eBay, not possible for me to bid on it. Looks to be a Japanese model, riveted, no USA on the pliers and can just make out leatherman Japan on the blade.  Seller doesn't know what they have judging by the price, hope someone on here gets it :salute:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Retired-Vintage-Leatherman-PST-Personal-Survival-Pocket-Multi-Tool-Pliers-Knife-/251309827908?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a833ba744&autorefresh=true

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Re: Mid 1980's riveted Japanese pst on eBay
Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 02:49:16 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. I had seen that one, bid on it and been out-bid.  I may up the ante, but if someone else here wants it speak up and I'll stay out of the way as I have one like this already. 

It should go to someone who will appreciate it rather than abuse it as a "cheap multi-tool".
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

au Offline gregozedobe

• Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 12:49:25 PM
Well, it sold to someone who wanted it badly enough to pay $53.00 !  And they aren't an ebay newbie either, with 6,072 feedbacks.  With that many feedbacks I'd speculate they may sell a LOT of items, so maybe we'll see it for sale again somewhere ?
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

gb Offline Philby

Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 04:51:56 PM
Probably re-appear as a buy it now $105 "rare as unicorn smurf Japanese PST."  Hopefully a collector snagged it!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 05:00:23 PM
I was checking this out too ( curiosity ) and it sure did get to 53 in a hurry. the seller has a couple super tools I was also checking out and may give it a go at bidding. I wanted to say thank you for the heads up on the link it was interesting to see the process.     
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Philby

Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 11:38:54 PM
I've bought a few tools off this seller on eBay, if they leave out any mention of knife in the description. :whistle:  I recommend them, they get a regular selection of vintage multitools, psts, supertools, original waves, old mr pinchys, all the good smurf! :gimme:  If you want something and bidding hasn't started and there's an option of buy it now, get it, the prices are reasonable, I've lost a few that I could have had if I'd bought rather than bid on, and they then went for more than the original price. :rant:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 01:00:25 AM
he did have a good looking ST for a buy it now so thanks for the heads up.  he did seem to have quite a bit of goodies.  thanks again for the heads up I sure wouldn't want to lose a MT for 5-10 bucks what I "think" I could get it for by just buying it straight away. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline frugalscotty

• Pacific NW

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 10, 2013, 11:07:20 PM
Seen this on eBay, not possible for me to bid on it. Looks to be a Japanese model, riveted, no USA on the pliers and can just make out leatherman Japan on the blade.  Seller doesn't know what they have judging by the price, hope someone on here gets it :salute:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Retired-Vintage-Leatherman-PST-Personal-Survival-Pocket-Multi-Tool-Pliers-Knife-/251309827908?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a833ba744&autorefresh=true

GOD DAMN YOU eBay!!!  :rant: :rant:

Just tried to buy this after reading the seller ships worldwide - guess what?? Ebay blocked my bid Grrrr...

If I were allowed to use expletives here, then I would surely fill the page to vent my anger...
Ebay once again takes the moral high ground in stipulating what us Brits can and cannot buy - but all the while allowing a platform for other dubious UK sellers to shift glaringly obvious knocked off gear.

What gives eBay the right to stipulate its own laws as what should and should not be allowed to be bought and sold in a country, especially a country like Britain where these (multitools) are not (as yet) outlawed.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 11:12:35 PM by tosh »
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

gb Offline Philby

Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 12:44:14 AM
Seems that I can buy multitools from eBay If there is no mention of; knife, cutter, blade, sharp, scissors, etc, in the description. The last supertool 200 I bought was described as pliers, screwdrivers. :ahhh  However, I have bought a scythe, a billbook, and an axe off eBay uk. All of which are considerably more deadly than a 3inch blade on a multitool.   :facepalm:  Is it a possibility that you might register on eBay with a made up foreign address, the seller will only see and use your proper address from paypal! I wonder if this would work. :whistle:

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 12:49:42 AM
There must be a way to do it.  One of the SAKs I auctioned before was bid on and sold to a UKer.  Dont know what they did, but i was surprised they were able to bid.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74