Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I don't know how to say this. Bad news, please read when you have time

ph Offline Goatlord666

• I am the ghost that haunts the GERBER MTo Forum
you're a brave Man. I bow down
Cheers,
Gabriel

"you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need"

"I have a confession to make: I am addicted to steel, I have a smoking problem, I have a short attention span and I am easily amused"

"Balisongs Forever!!!"

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Good to hear from you Jeff.
Stay strong  :tu:
+1 :)

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Dang, I just saw this.  All I can say, Jeff, is to keep fighting, and stay strong. 

Offline Blitzwing

I really don't know you, but have seen you around here since I got here. I'm sorry you're going thru this.. One of my friends has been fighting cancer for the better part of a decade.. Between chemo rounds, gamma knife, and now a trial at the smilow center at Yale he seems to be beating it by leaps and bounds.. 

I hope the same for you.. I'm not a devout religious man, not much for church or prayer..  But for a fellow tool nut going thru a rough patch, I'll put out a prayer for you..

May you have a good journey, wherever the path takes you..

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
I don't know you either but please know that my family and friends will be praying for you.
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Some time ago we did a giveaway where members had to vote for their favorite mod.  Whoever voted was entered into the giveaway and the winner got their choice of two tools, the remaining one going to the favorite mod.  I don't know how many of you remember that contest, but we've done it a couple of times since then.  That contest was actually inspired by Jeff, although he probably doesn't want me advertising that- he didn't at the time, but it's kind of a funny story and I'd like to share it.

He had sent me a PM offering me two tools for a giveaway- one was a Charge AL or ALX and the other was a SOG I think.  He told me I should keep one for myself and give the other one away, and it was my choice.  I think at the time I was trying to talk him into keeping his tools- after all, he wanted them, he bought them and I figured if anyone was going to enjoy them it should be him.  He insisted, but I still felt a little uncomfortable taking either of them for myself, and since the Mods here do such a good job I came up with the idea of having the "favorite mod" contest, which turned out to be very popular, despite a lot of people not wanting to play favorites among our group of very good moderators.  :D

So, while many of you may not know Jeff specifically, I'm sure many of you have seen or experienced one of the many ripples he has been responsible for on this site, although as he has always insisted on being anonymous, you would have never known it was because of him. 

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline frugalscotty

• Pacific NW
Bravo and thank you Jeff  :clap:

God speed and comfort as you face the future.

us Offline Ashley

• AKA Knife Crazied
:hatsoff: there is a cancer center here in WV that is top rated in the world its at Wheeling Hospital if you or your family want to check into it. They have served people from 16 countries and basically every state in the USA

Ash's mobile on the move.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Keeping you in our thoughts. Keep fighting as I know you have. Please drop in as much as you can and keep us posted on everything.  :salute:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts. I'm found pretty well at the moment.  We are just fine tuning the pain meds so I can go gone. Be well everyone.
:)

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Take it easy man.

sent from Ducttapetech's mobile device

Nate

SEND IT!

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
I am just back after being away for a looong time, and the first thing I discovered are this sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Jeff!

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
I'd hate to offer the idea of false hope,but given that I was basically given a death sentence from cancer ten years ago and am still here,I hope that you too will be victorious.

Should the worst come to pass,Jeff,you'll be toasted any time a group of MTo'ers joinovera beer,and you will always be here with us.
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

• Absolute Zombie Club
I'd hate to offer the idea of false hope,but given that I was basically given a death sentence from cancer ten years ago and am still here,I hope that you too will be victorious.

Should the worst come to pass,Jeff,you'll be toasted any time a group of MTo'ers joinovera beer,and you will always be here with us.

+1. Couldn't of said it better myself.  :salute:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
The plan these days is just to relax and try to heal and make sure all affairs are in order. I'm a bit fragile at the moment but doing well, and have plans if staying this way.  Thanks all.
:)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Take it easy man, were all here thinking of you! Take care! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Thanks for letting us know mate. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

no Offline Grathr

Thanks for letting us know mate. :cheers:

+1

Take good care of yourself! :salute:
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Glad to hear you're doing well, and stick to that plan ;)
K-Tibbs

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
thoughts and prayers are with you

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
I'm sorry I never got to know you better Jeff, in all the years I have been here with you.  I don't know what to say,  Fight as long as you can, and know I'll be thinking of you along with your MTO family.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
I've been out of town a bit so caught up on your news late.
That said, when I joined here you were an important part of the old school crew... you clearly still are :)

The MTO parish will always be gunning for you and you will always be considered part of it. I appreciate the time you take to drop by with updates, it's great to know how you are doing.

Strength, love and light to you Jeff x
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
God bless you!

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
I know it's a bit of late, but I just saw this thread...

I don't know Jeff, but I feel everyone here close to me and it's terrifying to hear about a MTO brother/sister in peril...

My thoughts are with Jeff and all of my MTO family
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
I have been thinking a lot about Jeff lately, and I am seriously hoping that he hasn't been around lately because he suddenly got better and is spending all of his time celebrating his recovery on a beach with a jet ski and exotic drinks.

The realist in me says that's probably not the case, but I really don't like the alternative.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Absolute Zombie Club
We can only wait and see. It would be incredible if your first scenerio was correct.

Hope to hear from you soon Jeff. We send our thoughts and wish you the best.  :salute:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
We can only wait and see. It would be incredible if your first scenerio was correct.

Hope to hear from you soon Jeff. We send our thoughts and wish you the best.  :salute:
I agree.  Time will tell the ultimate truth
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Never give up , remember that every day is a new one , Good luck my friend

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
I have been thinking a lot about Jeff lately, and I am seriously hoping that he hasn't been around lately because he suddenly got better and is spending all of his time celebrating his recovery on a beach with a jet ski and exotic drinks.

The realist in me says that's probably not the case, but I really don't like the alternative.

Def

I've been wondering how he's doing, has anyone heard from him?  Hope all is well.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
No word for far too long. Its very hard not to assume the worst at this point.

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%