Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Any info on this Champion? I'm new to the forums and swiss knives.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
You started it :twak: :D

No I didn't, you did!  :twak:

(This could go on for a REALLY long time!  :D)
I'm back!!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
No it won't coz as ranking mod, I'll just ban you >:D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Tender, I would recommend the Farmer. The reason being is that it is a full layer thicker thus its more comfortable to use. You even get a wood saw too!
B

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
No it won't coz as ranking mod, I'll just ban you >:D

There's no ranking Mod's, I am your equal now.  :D
I'm back!!

Offline mr tenderkisses

OMG, they have a farmer with scissors! They will eventually all be mine.  >:D

Nope that's one of Bill's (Mod Scibeer's) awesome mods :)

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club

Bill (Scibeer) is a moderator on this forum and he does some excellent SAK mods.  I was lucky enough to get him to make a SAK for me which is here http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,4049.0.html
I'm back!!

Offline mr tenderkisses

Woah, that is gnar! Are the mods pretty pricey though?

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club

They are AMAZINGLY reasonable.  ;)  He is a top guy to deal with.

Keep an eye on Tim's (felinevets) shop though as there are often customs of his for sale in there.
I'm back!!

Nope he's pretty reasonable by all account's, especially when you take into account the skill involved, and the fact that you'd own a completly unique Sak :)

Drop him a pm or have a look at his site for more info...

http://e-webtechnologies.com/knifemods/  :)

Offline mr tenderkisses

It would be nice to add scissors to the soldier.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club

Be careful mate, we are quite capable of spending ALL your money :D

Offline mr tenderkisses

Now that's sexy. I think it's worth the money. I think each check I get, part of it will have to go to a SAK. Just I am trying to figure out what I want the most right now. :think:

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Good morning to all, sorry just have to ask OT. Is the farmer the one with aluminum sides?
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Good morning to all, sorry just have to ask OT. Is the farmer the one with aluminum sides?

Yes.  They are known as ALOX - Aluminium Oxide. Great SAK's to own.  :)
I'm back!!

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Thanks Benner.
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
 :climber: I have one of these Champs, bought for me by my father, about 27 years ago. I've treasured it and carted round with me everywhere since.

A couple of days after 9/11, they tried to confiscate it at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris, so I actually ended up buying it its own bag and checked it in to get it home.

It does have the pen - don't know if that's significant or not, but I saw the question asked of mr tenderkiss.

I have however lost the tooth-pick at some point, does anyone know where I could get a replacement at a sensible price?
I used to come here a lot.

:climber: I have one of these Champs, bought for me by my father, about 27 years ago. I've treasured it and carted round with me everywhere since.

A couple of days after 9/11, they tried to confiscate it at Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris, so I actually ended up buying it its own bag and checked it in to get it home.

It does have the pen - don't know if that's significant or not, but I saw the question asked of mr tenderkiss.

I have however lost the tooth-pick at some point, does anyone know where I could get a replacement at a sensible price?
The tooth picks are generally available anywhere Sak's are sold along with spare's like tweezers, springs ect :)

Failing that, try Felinevet :)

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Yeah Tim (felinevet) will be able to hook you up.   ;)  Will give you a good opportunity to invest in another SAK while you are there too.  :D
I'm back!!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Found some! Tooth-picks that is.

At least I hope so - I've ordered "large", hopefully I got that right but they were only 44p ($0.88) so it's not the end of the world if I have to go back and order "small".

Thanks for the pointers though guys!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Found some! Tooth-picks that is.

At least I hope so - I've ordered "large", hopefully I got that right but they were only 44p ($0.88) so it's not the end of the world if I have to go back and order "small".

Thanks for the pointers though guys!

The large ones are for the 91mm and larger SAK's and I think the small are for the 58mm SAK's.  (I think).
I'm back!!

Sounds about right mate :)

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
I've treated it to a nice leather sheath too!

Someone asked mr tenderkiss whether his SAK had a pen or not - why is that significant? Was that only included in the later models or something?

It's funny, I've taken this SAK for granted for 27(ish) years and not really looked at it closely for a long time. It really is a very well engineered thing isn't it?

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club

Someone asked mr tenderkiss whether his SAK had a pen or not - why is that significant? Was that only included in the later models or something?

It's funny, I've taken this SAK for granted for 27(ish) years and not really looked at it closely for a long time. It really is a very well engineered thing isn't it?

That was me.  :angel:  I asked as the pen was added in 1985, so I was just trying to narrow it's age down a little more.
I'm back!!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice

That was me.  :angel:  I asked as the pen was added in 1985, so I was just trying to narrow it's age down a little more.

Oh, so I can't have had mine 27 years then!  :-[

I'll have to check with my dad and see if he recalls when he gave it to me. Must have been within the last 23 years I guess. I'm thinking now maybe I confused this knife with a Wenger knife he also bought me. Haven't seen that one for a very long time :( maybe since I got the Swisschamp. This is going to bug me until I get the answer  :cry:

Is there any kind of date stamp on these knives, or any other way of dating them?

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
I have always wondered that also. I remember reading a post where Def said that an on an old Huntsman, the bottle opener was sharpened. Similar to the Soldier in a previous post. Now, why would Victorinox stop doing that on their bottle openers. How many people actually use the bottle openers? Most beer bottles have twist tops now..
B

Offline Mike D

I have always wondered that also. I remember reading a post where Def said that an on an old Huntsman, the bottle opener was sharpened. Similar to the Soldier in a previous post. Now, why would Victorinox stop doing that on their bottle openers. How many people actually use the bottle openers? Most beer bottles have twist tops now..

I don't know about that man, I use mine all the time. Most of the beer I drink is brewed right here in my home state of Oregon, and almost all of it has the old style pry it open tops, I like it that way :cheers:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club

Oh, so I can't have had mine 27 years then!  :-[

I'll have to check with my dad and see if he recalls when he gave it to me. Must have been within the last 23 years I guess. I'm thinking now maybe I confused this knife with a Wenger knife he also bought me. Haven't seen that one for a very long time :( maybe since I got the Swisschamp. This is going to bug me until I get the answer  :cry:

Is there any kind of date stamp on these knives, or any other way of dating them?

You can only really narrow it down by what is stamped on the blade.  For example, the blade stamo on Mr Tenderkisses narrowed it down to anywhere between 1974-2005 (approx).  But things like pens etc can narrow this down a little further.
I'm back!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club

Not over here they don't.  I would say the vast majority still require bottle openers.
I'm back!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD