Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

USB cables...

Whoey · 36 · 2571

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Re: USB cables...
Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 12:19:32 PM
I ended up with some other generic usb3 hub, mainly since my new mainboard has 2 USB3 ports on the back, and I wanted something on my desktop to not have to climb down under my desk and find the plug in the dark... thus it required a hub with at least 0.75m of cable, and many fell short.

I ended up with a ugreen generic one with 3 ports on the front and one on top, it also has a plug for an external power supply, but I did not get it with the one I ordered, nor do I use it for charging any devices, it's more for my USB memory sticks and external hard drives. So far it's been fine, but I haven't exactly done any speed tests with/without it.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 12:59:19 PM
Anker do a 7 port one with a 1m cable that also has an external power supply if needed, but they are too expensive at $50

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 01:08:11 PM
Years ago I needed a 4 port hub so I went to the store to buy one.  They ended up being $40-50 each, and I was prepared to pay half that at most.  So, I came home, went on eBay and bought two 7 port hubs for less than $10, including shipping.  One had disappeared over the years, but the other is still going strong.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 01:48:15 PM
Anker do a 7 port one with a 1m cable that also has an external power supply if needed, but they are too expensive at $50
and the price is what put me off...

I paid less than half the similar anker model.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #34 on: January 26, 2017, 12:23:34 PM
there seems to be special on Anker products, on all Amazon sites, if interested.

I ordered some car chargers
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: February 17, 2017, 03:05:39 AM
I have a cable set from Costco it is 27.00 comes with two 6' heavy duty cables, double car plug and double house plug. They charge fast and charge iPads no problem. I got mine for free they came with my iPhone 7. My couch has phone plugs they work well with them as well.  https://www.costco.com/Ubio-Labs-Lightning-Cable-Mobile-Charging-Kit.product.100305663.html?catalogId=10701&langId=-1&storeId=10301&krypto=R4DgD4W0YtQpuxE2DG7g8uIoXhhXmzGkkbLz6OR4bcQSPYmjtmLKOvMp8LJ7NSodmo5w6tythkgG%0Amv%2BvyRK%2F2wUycctyCKuzM0KqD1du%2BvrbsGWmRs2kZcv0uhkw4PgY

Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD