Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Electrician

AlephZero · 115 · 12947

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Electrician
on: August 16, 2013, 07:26:21 PM
Anyone else like Victorinox Electrician? There's just something in it I can't explain...

It's certainly one of those SAK's I don't need, but I sure WANT!!  :gimme:

What do you think, guys?

Oh, and  :drink:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Re: Electrician
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 08:15:50 PM
Me :tu:
I have an old cross Electrician, love the utility blade ;)
I want an old cross Electrician Plus, had a new cross one a few years back in my collection but (stupidly) sold it on...

Here's my Electrician :tu:
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 08:32:08 PM
+1

Here are some pics of few of mine from older posts.

My beater “Acid Electrician”:

Silver beauty:

Blade variations:

Orange:

I like the Electrician a lot.

us Offline Joe58

Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 08:37:49 PM
You bet - the Electrician is my favorite Vic, as well as the MiniChamp. I did want to see how they would be by substituting a small blade from a Pioneer Settler. So I had Syph007 do his magic. On the old Elinox model I had him switch the scales as well for some red Alox goodness. I still have one or two in standard configuration as backups. All old cross - don't like the new cross and blank panel on the back. But that's just me. :)

Joe
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 312.4 KB)
🇨🇭

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 09:18:58 PM
Damn you guys, I'm in a group of enablers...  :facepalm:

Anyways, as my next SAK will be the SwissChamp, I guess the next one after that will be the Electrician  :drool:
"Hoarder of weirdness,

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 09:25:36 PM
Yea I love the Electrician and have been really wanting the plus models.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 09:36:15 PM
Speaking of customs:

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 09:38:26 PM
Damn that looks good.   :ahhh
I'm the milk man!

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 09:44:35 PM
Orange:

(Image removed from quote.)

I like the Electrician a lot.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

one day  :dd:
Everything’s adjustable

gb Offline 396988

Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 09:50:42 PM
Vic need to make some more solo elec's or apprentices. Been hunting for a while for a one layer elec. (Turning into a solo collecter)

On the subject of electricians. I have two modern ones. The sheeps foot blade is really hard to deploy and put away on both. This is at the point where I now prefer to get the main blade out. Does anyone else have this problem? Have I just got faulty springs?

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 10:52:21 PM
Speaking of customs:

(Image removed from quote.)

Very nice :tu:
I need to save for one of these mods...I'd have all those tools but with the can opener instead of the small blade as it can be used as a phillips ;)
Oh and an awl...all alox MUST have the awl :D
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 10:52:49 PM
Oh yes, one day...  :drool:
"Hoarder of weirdness,

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 10:59:24 PM
Heck i had an idea for a mod...

Blade, Electrician Blade, Pliers, Metal File, Magnifier Glass...and someone already got the name of quantum mechanic =(
"Hoarder of weirdness,

us Offline Joe58

Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 11:03:48 PM
Couple more. Single layers.

image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 298.23 KB)
🇨🇭

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 11:10:07 PM
 :drool: :drool: :drool: :gimme: :gimme: :gimme:
"Hoarder of weirdness,

ch Offline victor7000

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 12:11:09 AM
Some of mine...

and another old thread about it...
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,23269.0.html

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 12:12:34 AM
 :o :o :o

:drool: :drool: :drool:

:gimme:
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 12:19:40 AM
Some of mine...
and another old thread about it...
http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,23269.0.html

:salute:

If I may quote from that thread your photo of this gorgeous old Electrician  :drool:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 06:24:31 AM
Damn you guys, I'm in a group of enablers...  :facepalm:

Anyways, as my next SAK will be the SwissChamp, I guess the next one after that will be the Electrician  :drool:

Yes, yes you are >:D  I love the utility blade as well, and here is my custom, the Mechaneer.

K-Tibbs

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 07:02:13 AM
I love the tool layout in that. If you ever get rid of it let me know.  ;)

I doubt you ever will but just have to say it.  :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 07:04:46 AM
   Aleph78,

this place is full of ideas, photos, nice people.  but money just evaporates for the members of this forum though.  I bought a Surge 5 weeks ago, came here, now I have 20 Leathermans, and 5 SAKs
If I can help, let me know 

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 07:12:08 AM
   Aleph78,

this place is full of ideas, photos, nice people.  but money just evaporates for the members of this forum though.  I bought a Surge 5 weeks ago, came here, now I have 20 Leathermans, and 5 SAKs

Wait a year or two and I can almost guarantee that number will be tripled.  :ahhh
I'm the milk man!

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 07:13:40 AM

Thanks :salute:  Even if I wanted to sell it, I probably couldn't/shouldn't since it has my wedding date engraved on the back.  Wife might not be happy about that since that it (originally a Pioneer) was part of a Valentine's Day gift, with me getting her a zebra scaled Classic with the date engraved on it as well.  I'm actually thinking about getting it redone sometime in the future when I can afford it as the pliers in particular haven't proven to be all that useful to me.  Plus they take up a thick layer, and I should have gotten scissors instead :twak:  Oh well, that's my nature to constantly analyze and second guess my choices ::)
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 07:14:56 AM
   Aleph78,

You've gotten 20 Leathermans within the last 5 weeks :o  Well, I'm glad I was able to act as an enabler and provide a couple of those for you ;)
K-Tibbs

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 07:18:49 AM

Thanks :salute:  Even if I wanted to sell it, I probably couldn't/shouldn't since it has my wedding date engraved on the back.  Wife might not be happy about that since that it (originally a Pioneer) was part of a Valentine's Day gift, with me getting her a zebra scaled Classic with the date engraved on it as well.  I'm actually thinking about getting it redone sometime in the future when I can afford it as the pliers in particular haven't proven to be all that useful to me.  Plus they take up a thick layer, and I should have gotten scissors instead :twak:  Oh well, that's my nature to constantly analyze and second guess my choices ::)

Yea I completely understand. Very cool that you got it engraved along with the classic with your wedding date. I actually find the (SAK) pliers to be one of my most used tools. I have kind of been looking for a spare pair of SAK pliers so when the time comes and if you decide to get rid of the pliers in there let me know and I will most likely be interest. I have really wanted to do a thinner (2 layer) SAK with pliers. That is if you remove them and have no use for them.
I'm the milk man!

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #25 on: August 17, 2013, 07:26:02 AM
   Aleph78,

You've gotten 20 Leathermans within the last 5 weeks :o  Well, I'm glad I was able to act as an enabler and provide a couple of those for you ;)

Yeah, I got 20, understand I have 3 micras, 2 squirt P4, 1 squirt S4 that were bought at like $4 each.  I was done buying for a while, Until someone I know posted a sale that was awesome!  :twak:  and I was like  :gimme:  and today was  :mail:  :drool:.   now I do not even look at fleabay, or the FS listings here for a while  :facepalm:               
 :rofl:

that AL is beautiful, and I have a TTi.  I do not want the ALX at all.   
See money evaporates around here,  I speak from experience
If I can help, let me know 

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #26 on: August 17, 2013, 07:33:50 AM
Oh, don't I know it  :ahhh

Let's see, my "shopping list":

Vic SwissChamp
Vic Electrician
LM MUT
LM OHT
LM Style Cs

"Hoarder of weirdness,

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 07:37:47 AM

Yea I completely understand. Very cool that you got it engraved along with the classic with your wedding date. I actually find the (SAK) pliers to be one of my most used tools. I have kind of been looking for a spare pair of SAK pliers so when the time comes and if you decide to get rid of the pliers in there let me know and I will most likely be interest. I have really wanted to do a thinner (2 layer) SAK with pliers. That is if you remove them and have no use for them.

Really?  What do you use them for?  I know they can be good as large, beefy tweezers and things of that nature.  I've just rarely had use for them myself.  So do you mod as well?  I will keep you in mind should I end up going through with that, but it would be sent off to Syph to be done, but I'm sure I could have him send the pliers back to me if I wanted to. 
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 07:43:49 AM
   Aleph78,

Yeah, I got 20, understand I have 3 micras, 2 squirt P4, 1 squirt S4 that were bought at like $4 each.  I was done buying for a while, Until someone I know posted a sale that was awesome!  :twak:  and I was like  :gimme:  and today was  :mail:  :drool:.   now I do not even look at fleabay, or the FS listings here for a while  :facepalm:               

that AL is beautiful, and I have a TTi.  I do not want the ALX at all.   
See money evaporates around here,  I speak from experience

Wow, those were priced well.  Man, you gotta watch all these enablers around here with their sales :whistle:  I know, I have to sometimes exercise some degree of willpower and avoid looking at Ebay and sales threads here as I'll just end up adding to my list.  Yeah, I didn't get the point of the ALX, at least not for my use anyway as I don't need 2 bit drivers, but I'm sure there are many who do.  That AL is nice, and in some ways I preferred it to my TTi as it was smoother opening and I like the pliers without the cap crimper.  But I liked the overall feel of the TTi a little better in the hand, and I like the cutting hook.  Glad you like it though :tu:
K-Tibbs

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 07:49:15 AM
I don't mod myself, but hope to start soon. I would send them with other parts to whoever does the mod for me. I do use them for tweezers quite often or pulling skin from the corners of my finger where the nail meets. I also use them for any small grabbing task I might need. I use them to bend paperclips into small tools of whatever shape I need for the task. I use them for placing/holding small screws. Pulling knots out or through. Pulling hairs. Pulling staples. Flattening staples on what's called a 2x2 in which you store collectible coins. The list goes on and on. I really enjoy using them and appreciate the precision. I almost never use them on nuts or bolts. I actually can't remember one instance of using them on a nut or bolt.

Anyways.... back on topic,

Electricians ROCK!!!!
I'm the milk man!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31