Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tools for Christmas?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Tools for Christmas?
on: December 16, 2006, 01:02:05 AM
Anyone getting or giving any tools for Christmas?

I am certain I'll be adding to my extensive cheap tool collection this year, but maybe some of you might have a better season planned?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline CacherX4

Re: Tools for Christmas?
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 04:05:15 AM
I am giving a Gerber Multi-Plier I picked up on clearance for $15...the recepient is somewhat bent on "not needing something like that" so I didn't get a LM.  Maybe I should have...

As far as getting any tools, I highly doubt it, the wife had the shopping for me done long before I started with what I like to call my "multi-tool, knife and flashlight craze"   :)  :)  :)

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 08:07:02 AM
Vic Skipper is what I'm hoping for . And I do believe I may have a Swisscard on the way from the North Pole  ;)

Dunc

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 12:22:13 PM
I've been following the discussions going on in the Flashlight Forum, trying to decide which one of those little light blasters to put on my Christmas wish list.

I haven't made up my mind yet though.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 12:29:37 PM
Yeah, it's hard to decide on a flashlight.  I personally haven't come across the perfect one yet, which is kind of a pain.  And at many of the pices these lights are going for it's hard to get them all, although I certainly am trying when the multitool and SAK bugs have been (temporarily!) appeased!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 07:01:09 PM
Okay, I've made up my mind. The super-flashlight is going to have to stay on the back burner for awhile. I just left a note for Mrs. Claus, asking her for a new Vic SwissTool RS for Christmas.

(Hopefully, I'm not on the "naughty" list again this year.)  :-\
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 07:27:20 PM
Will this be your first RS ?

dunc

Offline joebw

Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 09:10:24 PM
Hi All,

I'm giving my Son-in-Law's Dad a Leatherman Blast for Christmas.  This will be the third either SAK or Multi that I've given him.

Joe

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 10:32:36 PM

dunc

Yes it will be. I do already have an original, and have thought about getting one with scissors for a number of years. That haunting new photo in "The Great Multitool Picture Thread" finally decided it for me.

Pretty pictures always tend to turn me into an impulse buyer.  :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 10:46:45 PM
I keep meaning to "round out" my collection of SwissTools as well... maybe Santa will help with that!

Def

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 08:59:58 PM

dunc

Yes it will be. I do already have an original, and have thought about getting one with scissors for a number of years. That haunting new photo in "The Great Multitool Picture Thread" finally decided it for me.

Pretty pictures always tend to turn me into an impulse buyer.  :)

I know what you mean about pretty pictures . The RS is my most carried Swisstool , I have an original and a spirit . I no longer have a X model .I love the scissors but I also like the serrated blade on the original and the file is one of the least used tools for me . What I really want is a model with the two blades like the original but with scissors instead of a file .That curved rescue blade on the RS is really good at cutting rope , not to mention webbing/seatbelts although I am lucky enough not to have had to use it on a seatbelt .I think your going to love the RS but if you use a file alot then an X might be the next one to get , but I prefer to have the option of two blades .

Dunc

Offline Steel Blade

Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 09:15:03 PM
I have ordered a copper Farmer from Tim. I love that copper effect and I can put up with the engraving. Will still be a user like all my knives. Looking at a Surge with leatherman knife (deal in Costco), but I dunno. The Spirit is a hard act to follow. As regards Santa I will be lucky if I get a few Jimmy Buffett CD's.  ::)

Regards

Steel blade
Y

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 10:12:55 PM
I only have one Buffet CD...  was a special live one or something... also enhanced for viewing stuff on your computer.  I haven't glanced at the disk (or many others) since I ripped them all to my hard drive.

Def

Offline Steel Blade

Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 10:45:08 PM
I know what you mean Def, at least you don't have to hunt around now to find that special CD. It was even worse for me as the wife had a habit of putting them back in the wrong cases. She has her own music on her computer and ipod now and we don't shout at each other any more :) :)

Steel Blade
Y

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24