Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Does Anyone Carry A Swiss Card?

jock1 · 20 · 3306

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Does Anyone Carry A Swiss Card?
on: May 11, 2008, 08:56:41 AM
Hi All
I am seriously thinking of getting a Swiss acrd for the monster in law yes I am that keen on spreading the word what do you guys think of the l.e.d on the card is it a gimmick or practical at close quarters
Thanks for your time

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Does Anyone Carry A Swiss Card?
Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:44:23 AM
Hi All
I am seriously thinking of getting a Swiss acrd for the monster in law yes I am that keen on spreading the word what do you guys think of the l.e.d on the card is it a gimmick or practical at close quarters
Thanks for your time
I've often thought about getting one, but for whatever reason I've never managed to get one ::)

One of the slightly off putting things is that wouldn't the blade be considered a fixed blade ???

http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=325&Itemid=35

Plus don't forget all swiss products come with a cross, so it'll probably burn your mother in laws hand :D :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 01:04:56 PM
I have a couple, and they are very handy tools in a great form factor.  I think they're a great idea for a PSK or to tuck away in a wallet and briefcase where you can forget about it until you need it.

The LED is basically a keyhole finder or for reading up close.  It's not suitable for navigation.
- Terry

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 01:51:12 PM
Hi All
Thanks for your time
I've often thought about getting one, but for whatever reason I've never managed to get one ::)

One of the slightly off putting things is that wouldn't the blade be considered a fixed blade ???

http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=325&Itemid=35

Plus don't forget all swiss products come with a cross, so it'll probably burn your mother in laws hand :D :D
Hadn't thought on that one mate do they have any garlic flavoured ones so as to finish the job

Offline AJ

Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 02:18:32 PM
I have had one in my wallet for a couple years now.
[

Offline Thargor

Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 02:34:54 PM
Ive had one for years, upgraded to a Lite when I loaned my original version to a guy and he gave it back with the screwdriver and file missing.

I think the LED is just a gimmick, I dont think Ive used it once and I would have preferred they fit a couple of other tools into that slot instead, especially considering they removed the toothpick from the Lite:

I love it though, the scissors are great, the pen is handy and its worth having in your wallet just for those four bitdrivers, I used to use them on pcs all the time at work before I got my TTi. The best thing about the Swisscard I think is that you can leave it in your wallet and forget about it but it adds SAK functionality to whatever multitool you EDC, ie; pen, tweezers, magnifyer and needle (really handy for pushing the recessed reboot button on a lot of modern electronics like PDAs and MP3 players.)

I saw this set going cheap on Ebay the other day for only $10 and grabbed it:

http://www.amazon.com/Tool-Logic-T1CLS-Combo-Business/dp/B000HJNAQA

Not expecting much but it was too cheap to pass up and I was looking for a little light for my backpack anyway so hopefully its not a piece of crap, anyone have one?

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 02:37:27 PM
I have a couple of them.. But, I carry a ToolLogic Survival Card in my wallet. It has a large blade also!
B

Offline Thargor

Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 02:42:44 PM
Thats what I was looking for when I read this thread, the new version:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,4251.0.html

I wanted the fire lighting tool for my backpack, everything else was a bonus, they're not out yet though.

Offline FredKJ

Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 02:49:01 PM
Hi All
Thanks for your time

Wouldn't one consider the burning your mother-in-law's hand a feature?  Of course you could get one of those woman SAKS and use the perfume vial for holy water.  Now there's a use.  Something any MacGyver vampire hunter woulnd't be caught without.  And of course you always have a cross on you for those tight situations when you are camping or backpacking in the mountains of Romania.

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 02:50:53 PM
Thargor, that's the one that I have!
B

Offline Thargor

Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 02:56:43 PM
Thargor, that's the one that I have!
Did you buy it recently then? Theres none on Ebay or EDCDepot that I can see, where did you get it? :think:

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 03:02:38 PM
Nope, that's not the one I have. After some research I came to the conclusion that I have the Credit Card Companion. I just didn't know the name and I looked on ToolLogic and it was the first one that came up! So, I assumed it was that one! I really want to buy the T1 Business Card now!
B

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 04:51:00 PM
I loaned my original version to a guy and he gave it back with the screwdriver and file missing.
Don't ya just love people like that?
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Offline Leatherman123

Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 04:53:53 PM
I remember when I let my cousin borrow my Surge. He used the serrated blade to try and cut copper piping. There were barely any serrations left! This was my first SURGE also! I let him keep it and he bought me a new one!
B

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 05:38:21 PM
I prefer the look of the swisscard without the light. Tim had a couple the last time I looked.

The blade would be classed as a fixed blade, but Jock, do you really think anyone would care less if you carried one?  I know our country has a few random laws etc, but that's got to be one picky copper to pull you up on that.
I'm back!!

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 06:44:12 PM
I prefer the look of the swisscard without the light. Tim had a couple the last time I looked.

The blade would be classed as a fixed blade, but Jock, do you really think anyone would care less if you carried one?  I know our country has a few random laws etc, but that's got to be one picky copper to pull you up on that.
It would be the monster in law who would be held custody for court so that would be a +ve feature for me anyway I would lmfao

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 06:45:45 PM

It would be the monster in law who would be held custody for court so that would be a +ve feature for me anyway I would lmfao

In that case, get a swisscard and then glue a machete to it just to make sure the charge holds.  :D
I'm back!!

Offline jock1

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 06:51:03 PM

In that case, get a swisscard and then glue a machete to it just to make sure the charge holds.  :D
Bonus points to that man for thinking outside the box

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 10:43:02 PM
I like the Swiss Card have owned a couple with and without the light. I have a problem though of carrying them in my wallet and finding little cracks in them later due to the fact I am sitting on them.  My wife bought me the Wenger version recently its not the quality of the Vic but I do like the larger blade and signal mirror.

* ebay7_5_07-14.jpg (Filesize: 55.38 KB)

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 03:41:44 AM
they will break if in a wallet in your back pocket. I have carried them for years and find the tweezers, knife, sizzers, and pen are extremly helpful.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%