Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What did you do with your one piece tool today?

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Re: What did you do with your one piece tool today?
Reply #60 on: March 31, 2016, 04:37:23 AM
That looks like an opt that Rambo Klingons would carry  :cheers:
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #61 on: April 13, 2016, 10:14:57 PM
I used the pointed end of a Boker Minibar to pry a lock washer off of a carriage bolt on my wheelbarrow.  The lock washer had become slightly deformed and wouldn't slide freely off the carriage bolt.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #62 on: April 23, 2016, 06:22:02 PM
Used this great tool a bit today. We were at the dining table (lotsa people) and I'd left the jacket at the entrance. I had my SAK there, and my MT was on my belt but it wasn't appropiate to take out such a beast (SOG Powerplier) in there.

The son of one of the guests came to me after being told I was the guy to ask for when something broke (I'm known as the "always prepared" guy almost everywhere I go), 'cause his new drone's controller needed new batteries. I unscrewed the four phillips with the piece, pried open the really stiff AA batteries and changed them for the ones he had in hand, and screwed it back again.

No one even noticed, the kid got what he wanted and everyone happy as he went away to play with his stuff.

Just an anecdote, but I thought it fit here quite well. Great EDC idea, really.
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #63 on: April 23, 2016, 10:48:38 PM
Good work TP.   :tu:   :tu:

us Offline yourbadneighbor

Reply #64 on: April 24, 2016, 05:45:51 AM
Used this great tool a bit today. We were at the dining table (lotsa people) and I'd left the jacket at the entrance. I had my SAK there, and my MT was on my belt but it wasn't appropiate to take out such a beast (SOG Powerplier) in there.

(Image removed from quote.)

The son of one of the guests came to me after being told I was the guy to ask for when something broke (I'm known as the "always prepared" guy almost everywhere I go), 'cause his new drone's controller needed new batteries. I unscrewed the four phillips with the piece, pried open the really stiff AA batteries and changed them for the ones he had in hand, and screwed it back again.

No one even noticed, the kid got what he wanted and everyone happy as he went away to play with his stuff.

What is the name of that tool,  it looks mighty handy?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #65 on: April 24, 2016, 05:38:22 PM

It's a Swisscard driver from Victorinox or any other brand. It is basically a four headed slab of metal, that you find on Vic Swisscards as well as most of their knockoffs and copies. It can be purchased separately, though, as it is a removable piece from the card itself.
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: April 24, 2016, 07:12:43 PM

I have the Swiscard Lite that comes with it and I'll just say that it is indeed surprisingly useful for its size.

Offline Mattexian

Reply #67 on: April 25, 2016, 09:06:58 PM
I've got a similar 4-way driver from Sears, rides with the car keys.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

R

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #68 on: April 25, 2016, 10:12:52 PM
Just carrying a David Sharrp pry bar on my keys today. Nothing too exciting today, used it to pull apart a stuck child retraint on a Wal-Mart buggy.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #69 on: April 26, 2016, 01:47:00 AM
I used a Nite-Ize DoohicKey to pry a leaked alkaline battery out of my mother-in-law's transistor radio.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

Offline maximus0723

Reply #70 on: April 29, 2016, 01:05:52 PM
Used my Brewzer to cut open plastic covering on case of water bottles.

Sharp end is not bad but will need to resharpen it to my liking.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #71 on: May 24, 2016, 03:06:46 AM
Nite Ize Doohickey--Prying out a jammed weed eater string spool from inside the removable head.

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: June 27, 2016, 10:10:19 PM
I used the box cutter edge on my Leatherman 6 to open some packaging yesterday.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #73 on: June 27, 2016, 10:29:56 PM
Been using the flathead on the key holder for prying and to turn 2 battery screws from a Drone battery compartment this week

My toys:

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #74 on: July 05, 2016, 05:14:14 AM
  Busting taped boxes. Add some sweat to the box cutter end, and the friction rips the tape apart! Still hard to believe that I still EDC this crazy little OPT after all these years. Is one of two tools I can use at work that cannot be considered a lethal weapon.

Oh, did see a manager at Wally's World carrying a PST. Was elated to see a woman carrying such a beloved tool. She said it was her father's and now she carries it. And if  the store wanted to fire her over it, she didn't give a rats ass. :D

I gotta find me a 4XL t-shirt with that picture on it!

¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #75 on: July 12, 2016, 04:35:15 PM
yesterday...

and today

My toys:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #76 on: September 02, 2016, 03:09:31 AM
Used the strap cutter on my CRKT KERT to shorten the straps on the bottom that adjusted the shoulder straps on my backpack today at college.  While I had both a Case Hawkbill electrician's knife and a Bear Jaws on me,  I figured most people wouldn't know what the KERT was, so I used it instead.  It's stored on the keyring slot inside the front pocket of my pack, a SwissGear.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #77 on: September 11, 2016, 01:56:02 PM
Enjoy an unhealthy, unnatural but mouth watering yoghourt with cookies while preparing the stuff to go to the beach this evening.

Today is Holidays here in my country, so I'm having a fun time, no-worries day today!    :drool:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:02:33 PM by ThePeacent »
My toys:

us Offline SteelRaven

• Steel is a mystical thing!!
Reply #78 on: September 23, 2016, 01:43:15 PM
Great Chopper!

Fredric Dick Italian meat cleaver!

The BIG one tool woods option!
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 83.12 KB)
"As a matter of Survival, all creatures are fair game"

Les Stroud.

de Offline Josh613

Reply #79 on: September 25, 2016, 04:24:19 PM
After looking through the whole thread and doing some research I've ordered a doohickey and a leatherman brewser see how they work out. Really like the look of those piranhas too

us Offline SteelRaven

• Steel is a mystical thing!!
Reply #80 on: September 25, 2016, 11:08:25 PM

It's a Swisscard driver from Victorinox or any other brand. It is basically a four headed slab of metal, that you find on Vic Swisscards as well as most of their knockoffs and copies. It can be purchased separately, though, as it is a removable piece from the card itself.

I have one of those in my gun toolbox made for a 4H club in NC. I have no idea whatsoever how old it is! Indeed VERY HANDY.
"As a matter of Survival, all creatures are fair game"

Les Stroud.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #81 on: November 03, 2016, 04:03:02 AM
I used a Nite-Ize Doohickey to pry a small stone from my truck's tire tread.

Offline jday2727

Reply #82 on: November 03, 2016, 04:53:04 AM
Lately I have been using my Raker ring tool a surprising amount to sharpen my pencil when it wouldn't be appropriate to pull out a knife.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

us Offline David

Reply #83 on: November 08, 2016, 05:17:48 AM
Lately I have been using my Raker ring tool a surprising amount to sharpen my pencil when it wouldn't be appropriate to pull out a knife.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

:tu:
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline cody6268

Reply #84 on: August 12, 2017, 06:12:49 PM
CV PocketWrench II. While studying for my Siemens Mechatronics Level II test, my grandmother tells me she needs help unscrewing  a gate hinge. Someone rammed into our front gates, breaking the aluminum elbow in half.   So, we had to use a spare 4 foot farm gate to temporarily replace that until my granddad and I can get the new elbow on the old gate.  She was trying to unbolt the hinge to adjust it with a pair of slipjoint pliers and had partially rounded the nut off. So, I pull out the PocketWrench II, and it both loosened and tightened the hinge with no problem, and more leverage than the 4" Craftsman Crescent that it replaced, since that only has like a 2" handle, as Wilde changed the smaller head to be as big as a 6" on the current model.

us Offline Old Boy

• No Life Club
Reply #85 on: August 12, 2017, 06:51:19 PM
At the hardware store used the Pocketwrench to measure in eights of an inch plastic sliders for our dining room chairs feet.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #86 on: August 13, 2017, 01:24:38 AM
My Dooohickey, leashed to a table, openned beers at a block party this afternoon.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #87 on: October 18, 2017, 06:37:50 PM
Turned my UST Tool A Long Hiker into a fridge magnet.
hiker-tool-fridge-magnet2.jpg
* hiker-tool-fridge-magnet2.jpg (Filesize: 192.47 KB)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #88 on: November 14, 2017, 10:51:59 AM
added it to the keychain for testing week

My toys:

us Offline gene stoner

• No Life Club
Reply #89 on: January 09, 2018, 07:24:28 PM
Used the 9/16 and 1/2 inch wrenches to change a propane hose the other day.
20180109_101821.jpg
* 20180109_101821.jpg (Filesize: 194.13 KB)
Jeep the SAK of the auto world or is it SAK the Jeep of the Knife world?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%