Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Aloha's Fleamarket Finds (pictures)

Aloha · 180 · 15604

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Aloha's Fleamarket Finds (pictures)
Reply #30 on: September 08, 2013, 04:33:10 AM
Whenever I go to flea markets the best I see are crappy Chinese crap knives.  I obviously need to frequent a better class of flea market.

Def

well I went recently to a "fancy" fleamarket and was overwhelmed with all the new stuff they had for sale. I stayed and looked around because I drove nearly an hour and a half to get there one way. I then drove back home to my usual haunt and scored some tools.  I came up empty last weekend but my friend and fellow fleamarketeer scored the watches.  I work all weekend so boo but ill be back at it next week  :ahhh 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #31 on: September 08, 2013, 12:29:35 PM
Whenever I go to flea markets the best I see are crappy Chinese crap knives.  I obviously need to frequent a better class of flea market.

Def

well I went recently to a "fancy" fleamarket and was overwhelmed with all the new stuff they had for sale. I stayed and looked around because I drove nearly an hour and a half to get there one way. I then drove back home to my usual haunt and scored some tools.  I came up empty last weekend but my friend and fellow fleamarketeer scored the watches.  I work all weekend so boo but ill be back at it next week  :ahhh

:popcorn:  :popcorn:

Everything’s adjustable

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: September 09, 2013, 05:14:29 PM
I worked all weekend and missed out on the fleamarket BUT my cohort went and found this for me.  Casio Data Memory G Cool  GT2000ST (2263). Its a Gshock that I initially thought was a fake.  I had a hard time finding any info on the watch ie year produced, original listed price etc.  its pretty interesting as it has a green case and black and green band.  $17 was the price and its in nearly perfect condition with a small tear on the inside of the band at the case back. 
001.jpg
* 001.jpg (Filesize: 66.55 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: September 13, 2013, 10:36:45 PM
$10 LM Sideclip date code 03/98 and 02/98 both sides.
Pictures when I get home. 
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #34 on: September 13, 2013, 11:17:09 PM
Definitely some sweet finds there!  :tu:

+1 :drool: :drool:
Leatherman

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #35 on: September 14, 2013, 02:14:51 AM
ok so im home now.  the fleamarket by me is open on Friday and I had tiem to kill so I went in and most of the venders were packing up as they close at 3pm.  it wasn't even 2pm yet so I hurried thru making sure to keep a sharp eye out.  I spot the sheath and I picked it up and OMG a sideclip  :ahhh I seriously couldn't contain myself.  I asked as calmly as I could " how much you want for her?" he said " give me $10!" badda bing, badda bang!!!! I also saw a ruby scale cyber tool 41 that was missing one bit, he wanted $40 so I'll have my cohort go back and get it, I didn't have it on me and he wasn't taking what I had.  i began to leave and out of the corner of my eye i spot this sweet little guy sitting alone so i grabbed him on the way out.  yeah i have a sentimental spot for mag solitaire, plus it worked.  ok se here is my LM SideClip
and mag solitaire. 
001.JPG
* 001.JPG (Filesize: 86.41 KB)
002.JPG
* 002.JPG (Filesize: 82.9 KB)
003.JPG
* 003.JPG (Filesize: 176.04 KB)
004.JPG
* 004.JPG (Filesize: 169.26 KB)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 02:25:50 AM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: September 14, 2013, 02:16:59 AM
the pliers seem unused and really the tool itself looks unused overall.
005.JPG
* 005.JPG (Filesize: 179.57 KB)
006.JPG
* 006.JPG (Filesize: 176.87 KB)
007.JPG
* 007.JPG (Filesize: 180.09 KB)
008.JPG
* 008.JPG (Filesize: 182.62 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #37 on: September 14, 2013, 02:24:40 AM
there are rust spots but not terrible i sprayed it down when i got back to my truck with wd40. ill give it a good cleaning a bit later tomm.  im sooo stoked i cant even find the words. the mag solitaire has some corrosion in the tail end but nothing major.  its red and its super cute so who cares and i got if for $2US.  man what a flipping stroke of luck and if i continue to be lucky tomm the CT41 will be there and he'll take $30-$35 for it. 
009.JPG
* 009.JPG (Filesize: 189.09 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #38 on: September 14, 2013, 02:31:44 AM
Sweet Sideclip score Aloha, especially for only $10 in great condition :tu:  How many retired Leathermans do you have left on your list man?
K-Tibbs

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #39 on: September 14, 2013, 02:52:43 AM
im pretty speechless monrogue.  its in very good condition indeed and i honestly thought this and the flair would be the hardest to get. i never what to spend a ton of cash so that makes it harder and actually more fun trying to hunt these darn tools down.  i may not knock out every retired tool per se as cause at some point they all will be replace by a newer tool and render the existing one retired.  i do want a flair but not at the prices they want online.  this one is definitely huge for me, i do however want a PST2 but at a good price. im at 10 retired with 2 ST 200, 2 PSTs, 2 ST's, Pulse, Wave, Sideclip, and a Mini Tool.       
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #40 on: September 14, 2013, 02:59:43 AM
Well you seem to be cleaning up on them my friend.  I've got the 2 PSTs, a PSTII and the Juice KF4, and want the Original Wave and maybe a Pulse.  PSTs are addicting though, as you well know ;)
K-Tibbs

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #41 on: September 14, 2013, 03:46:42 AM
A007, you are doing really well at your flea markets.   :D  Keep up the good work.  It is nice to find something you have been looking for for a long time, and made all the sweeter when you get it for a bargain price  :tu: 

I wish we had similar where I live, but multi-tools aren't that common , let alone surplus to requirements and being sold cheaply  :(
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: September 14, 2013, 04:15:45 AM
I am really stoked and lucky to have landed such killer tools at the fleamarket.  I keep going back week after week and the hunt is very exciting. ive not done to bad on Fleabay either tho its not quite as exciting.     
Esse Quam Videri

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #43 on: September 14, 2013, 06:39:36 AM
Aloha007,

Amazing find in a hurry too!  I think the wrap-up-grab-n-go is probably could be a even better tactics that going in earlier.  :D

de Offline Dr. Bahn

Reply #44 on: September 14, 2013, 09:31:05 AM

im pretty speechless monrogue.  its in very good condition indeed and i honestly thought this and the flair would be the hardest to get. i never what to spend a ton of cash so that makes it harder and actually more fun trying to hunt these darn tools down.  i may not knock out every retired tool per se as cause at some point they all will be replace by a newer tool and render the existing one retired.  i do want a flair but not at the prices they want online.  this one is definitely huge for me, i do however want a PST2 but at a good price. im at 10 retired with 2 ST 200, 2 PSTs, 2 ST's, Pulse, Wave, Sideclip, and a Mini Tool.       
Very nice scores once again, Aloha! Would love to see a pic of your whole collection, too. :)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: September 15, 2013, 05:18:20 AM
@DrBahn I will snap a picture when I get the BO Super tool and the my other ST200 in. 

Today I  scored a LM Fuse in pretty much unused condition $15 at the fleamarket along with a GShock DW 004 (1659) also $15.  the watch is in ok good shape and it has an after market strap.  the Fuse is in great shape and is dated 06/04 and the other handle is hard to read but I thinks its the same.   
007.JPG
* 007.JPG (Filesize: 194.29 KB)
003.JPG
* 003.JPG (Filesize: 200.84 KB)
005.JPG
* 005.JPG (Filesize: 161.15 KB)
006.JPG
* 006.JPG (Filesize: 153.04 KB)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 05:20:51 AM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #46 on: September 15, 2013, 05:22:29 AM
one more try tomm for the CT41 as the vender wasn't there today.
001.JPG
* 001.JPG (Filesize: 191.98 KB)
002.JPG
* 002.JPG (Filesize: 201.32 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #47 on: September 15, 2013, 05:39:53 AM
Nice :tu:  Now do you actually wear all these watches you buy, or are you collecting them?  And if you are collecting them, why?  Just curious :D
K-Tibbs

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #48 on: September 15, 2013, 06:19:49 AM
I wear them on rotation much like my MTs .  I like Gshocks as much as MTs/SAKs as they can be as valuable and as collectable but invaluable to those that are prepared.   these watches not only tell time but some have compasses, altimeters, barometers, gps, thermometer, tide graph, solar power, atomic time, and mud resistant etc.  what an exceptional tool for anyone who wants to be prepared for anything.  shock resistant so you don't have to baby it and there is a model to fit everyone there is just so much to love about these watches. some of the Gshocks are price so right I cant seem to pass on them and especially when you consider what they cost new vs what I am getting them for and with so much life left in them.  recently bought 8 and spent $76 total and the cheapest one would have cost that new.  they are pretty awesome watches and can last a long long time with little care other than battery changes. 

did I mention I like GSHOCKS  :whistle:                 
Esse Quam Videri

no Offline Grathr

Reply #49 on: September 15, 2013, 06:38:06 AM
I wear them on rotation much like my MTs .  I like Gshocks as much as MTs/SAKs as they can be as valuable and as collectable but invaluable to those that are prepared.   these watches not only tell time but some have compasses, altimeters, barometers, gps, thermometer, tide graph, solar power, atomic time, and mud resistant etc.  what an exceptional tool for anyone who wants to be prepared for anything.  shock resistant so you don't have to baby it and there is a model to fit everyone there is just so much to love about these watches. some of the Gshocks are price so right I cant seem to pass on them and especially when you consider what they cost new vs what I am getting them for and with so much life left in them.  recently bought 8 and spent $76 total and the cheapest one would have cost that new.  they are pretty awesome watches and can last a long long time with little care other than battery changes. 

From you reasoning it sounds like the GSHOCKS are so fantastic that you  really need only one :D
But then we should all own just one great MT and one good knife :facepalm:

By the way,  I got a G-shock about a year ago, and since then my other watches have been collecting dust in a drawer ;)
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #50 on: September 15, 2013, 06:52:02 AM
haha exactly Grathr. I do see these particular watches as multi tools in general and with so much packed some models realistically one is all that would be needed but where is the fun in that?  I think there are several Gshock enthusiasts here on MTo and several more that own one or more as well.       
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #51 on: September 15, 2013, 06:57:55 AM

Well, you've succeeded in arousing my curiosity ;)  Now I think I will have to look into getting one.  I wouldn't mind one with a compass and thermometer at least.  Man, I have a feeling I should never have asked what the big fuss was about with G-shocks :whistle:
K-Tibbs

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #52 on: September 15, 2013, 05:19:32 PM
the atomic ones are as accurate a time keeper as you will ever need.  the tough solar with their rechargeable batteries are pretty cool as they'll charge with most any light source and on less than sunny days like winter.  they have 10yr batteries so you don't have to worry about changing them for a while.  the cheapest ones I got were $3 and $5 for a solar atomic.  I got my baby girl a $3 one and my roomie got her 3 baby g's I showed for $28 total.  ill eventually get a pro trek/pathfinder (non gshock) but as of yet the venders want more than I want to spend.  half the fun is the hunting and the crazy bargains as always.       
Esse Quam Videri

no Offline Grathr

Reply #53 on: September 15, 2013, 05:56:31 PM
the atomic ones are as accurate a time keeper as you will ever need.  the tough solar with their rechargeable batteries are pretty cool as they'll charge with most any light source and on less than sunny days like winter.  they have 10yr batteries so you don't have to worry about changing them for a while.  the cheapest ones I got were $3 and $5 for a solar atomic.  I got my baby girl a $3 one and my roomie got her 3 baby g's I showed for $28 total.  ill eventually get a pro trek/pathfinder (non gshock) but as of yet the venders want more than I want to spend.  half the fun is the hunting and the crazy bargains as always.       

I have one of the atomic  though solar ones (GW M5610), and I paid a LOT more than $5 for it.  :o
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #54 on: September 15, 2013, 06:15:39 PM
I love my Atomic Tough Solar G.  It's never gone below medium for charge, but the only time it was on high (for more than a couple of days) was when we were in Cuba.

When I go to get another G Shock, it too will be an Atomic Solar.  They really are great watches!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #55 on: September 15, 2013, 07:07:57 PM
I meant to say there are some batteries that are 10yr. The atomic solar are awesome, when I work weeks straight and don't get them out I place them in a window where they can get some sun. I would have no problem paying retail BUT my flea market finds have all but put an end to that.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 07:10:30 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #56 on: September 28, 2013, 01:08:52 AM
Friday fleamarket finds are a cybertool 41 and a 98' head swisstool ( yes this makes 4 ). cyber tool is missing 2 bits unfortunately.  no picture of the swisstool as its standard affair.  the cyber tool is very cool, this was the one I saw a a few Fridays ago and missed out on it.  glad he still had it. 
011.JPG
* 011.JPG (Filesize: 117.08 KB)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:19:15 AM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #57 on: September 28, 2013, 01:15:23 AM
is this picture suppose to be the cybertool41?
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #58 on: September 28, 2013, 01:19:57 AM
nope I posted wrong picture   :facepalm:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User