Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Just got the Aitor Escape the other day

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Just got the Aitor Escape the other day
on: August 30, 2013, 12:11:25 PM
Hi, all!

Just got this in mail the other day, originally, I was under my own false assumption that this puppy is the same size as the 91mm Victorinox.  Turns out it is entirely a different animal.  Every tool blade on this tool is beefy, and I put it next to a 111mm Victorinox OHO Trekker for comparison.  Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:

The presentation is decent, comes in a foam padded plastic box

Every blade is beefy on this tool, and it should have occured to me that with the wrench, there is virtually no way this is going to be in 91mm format...dumb :facepalm: :D  Notice how short is the woodsaw vs the oversized dull fish scaler, kinda unusual.

The beefy blade compares to Victorinox 111mm Trekker.  Despite the backspring looks really beefy, the lockup wasn't as tight as I thought it should be, it might have to do with the material/design

Gunk already building up even before use, and it felt a little gritty when closing the tools. 

In summary, considering it's priced similar to a 111mm Vic OHO GAK/Trekker, I probably will still go for the Vic product for better overall quality and feel.  Personally, I don't think I would use this tool, but more for collecting purposes. 

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Re: Just got the Aitor Escape the other day
Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 07:10:32 PM
Is that a fish scaler or a bone saw? Looks like with the gut hook this would be more for skinning animals, so a bone saw makes more sense. But I can't see the other side of the tool.

Also, pretty sure that's not a wood saw, but just a serrated blade. More for cutting rope or something.

Charles.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 02:51:19 PM
That's some serious thread necro :D , but to answer to your question, here are some more photos from different angle:

Close up at the logo

I think this is more a wood saw than a 'bone saw'

I think this tool with the hook at the end is probably more suitable for "bone cutting" with finer tooth

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 07:23:10 PM
Yes, the fine tooth tool with the hook on the end is the one I thought of as a bone saw. It doesn't look like a fish scaler to me. I'm curious how that works to cut bone, actually.

The short saw blade I thought was a serrated blade is definitely a saw blade tho :)

Charles.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD