Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pen in Victorinox SAK: wich size?

Offline victordomingos

Pen in Victorinox SAK: wich size?
on: August 30, 2013, 04:11:54 PM
Victorinox includes a pen in a lot of its swiss army knives and swisscards. Depending on the model, you can get a large or a small pen (both of them are in fact very small). I hapen to have both versions, on in a Minichamp, the other on a Explorer Plus, but I would like to know about your impressions about them.

Which one do you prefer, and why? Does size matter? Do you use the large pen alone, or do you prefer to fix it in the knife itself, under the hook, for instance?

Also, does anyone around here use any of theese pens in an unconventional but useful way?

spam Offline J Mackrel Jones

Re: Pen in Victorinox SAK: wich size?
Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 06:20:25 PM
From The Swiss Army Knife Owner's Manual
crossbow.jpg
* crossbow.jpg (Filesize: 124.78 KB)
The work takes on a life unplanned
and the painter finds the painting directs the hand

ca Offline Jothra

• No Life Club
  • Queen's Venturer
Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 05:10:58 AM
My Swiss Army Knives are usually 91mm, so I end up with the big pens. I have a Signature Lite, though, and I find the small pen easier to use for longer periods.

Now that I'm not carrying the Sig Lite anymore, it's back to a Space Pen, and saving the SAK pen for emergencies.

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 01:16:25 PM
saving the SAK pen for emergencies.

Yeah, I find the SAK pen somewhat difficult to use, but its good to have when no other pen is available.

ca Offline PeakXV

Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 07:29:16 PM
I have a Victorinox Pen that is a regular size writing instrument and which extends from the sak scales, it also has a red lite and pocket clip. Can anybody tell me what model it is? Thanks in advance.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 07:43:11 PM
Welcome to the forum. :waving:

That's a Wagner Victorinox SwissPen. They came in blue and red also if I remember correctly.

Here's a bit more info on it on the manufacturers page. Click on the Swisspen in the lower right corner.

http://www.wagnerswitzerland.com/

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 07:48:00 PM

That's a Wagner Victorinox SwissPen. They came in blue and red also if I remember correctly.

Here's a bit more info on it on the manufacturers page. Click on the Swisspen in the lower right corner.

14 min. to answer?! About a pen only 7 people around the world knew about?! You're slacking...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 07:56:05 PM

14 min. to answer?! About a pen only 7 people around the world knew about?! You're slacking...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey, I just came from work, still had my coat on. :whistle:

We're on MTO, I'm sure more than 7 people here knew about it. :P

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 09:29:09 PM
The 58mm pen scale is my go to pen for just about everything. It's literally my favorite pen to use. Bought a space pen and didn't like it. Even found a bunch of things they can't write on. Like some plastics and the back of a sweaty palm. Even a cheapo Bic could do that...

The 91mm pen is just to awkward to use. Nobody just uses a pen insert, and that's what it's the equivalent to writing with. Cause technically that's what it is...

@PeakXV, like your pen knife. The term pen knife has gone full circle; anyway they also make a gold and black one I'd love to own; but last I checked it was pretty expensive.

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 10:50:10 PM
The Sig Lite pen is smurfing amazing.

I was putting up some signs in our showroom today and I had to mark the locations first. Was too lazy to go upstairs for a marker so figured I could give it a try with the Vic pen... it actually wrote quite well on a polished galvanized steel upright, no slipping, no scratching... I don't think many regular pens could have done that.
Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 11:34:39 PM
Sometimes carrying both ... if +scale is in action :D
The small one is on the keychain, so ...
Used it just yesterday in post office  :gimme:
mccl.jpg
* mccl.jpg (Filesize: 96.1 KB)

us Offline Luna Knife

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 11:46:34 PM
On my explorer plus and my ranger plus, I will slide the pen under the hook.  On my scientist and my serrated spartan plus, I will screw the pen into the corkscrew to write with.

I also own a 58 mm midnite manager and signature.

I doubt I will ever run out of ink on any of these pens but its nice to have a pen when I really need it.

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 01:04:37 AM
All sizes are great ... :D
although the bullet one is great desk pen,
or a real havy weapon ... don't hit anyone, ever  :facepalm:
... self-defense excluded, of course  :whistle:
3.JPG
* 3.JPG (Filesize: 96.71 KB)

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 01:29:33 AM
I find that my Signature's pen is much easier to use than the larger one.
Leatherman

ca Offline PeakXV

Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 02:14:07 AM

Okay, thanks for the link.  Is Wagner owned by Victorinox or do they just manufacturer &/or use their tang stamp under some kind of licensing agreement and/or collaboration and/or joint venture?

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 03:07:55 AM

Okay, thanks for the link.  Is Wagner owned by Victorinox or do they just manufacturer &/or use their tang stamp under some kind of licensing agreement and/or collaboration and/or joint venture?

Collaboration, from distributors page...
http://goldspot.com/wagner_swiss_pens_custom.html

How did the Wagner Swiss Pen come into being? Every product starts with an inpiration... an idea. A vision follows. And then comes the challenge of shaping that idea into reality by fueling it with resources. Wagner of Switzerland started with the vision to make a pen of the greatest functionality, designed in seeming simplity, and made of the highest quality. Out of this vision has grown the Wagner Swiss Pen. Wagner Swiss Pen series are Classic, Elite, Golf each in an assortment of colors, and the exclusive Signature Series pen.
The Wagner Swiss Pen Pen features the authentic Original Swiss multi-tool from Victorinox. The Swiss Pen includes a flashlight with a battery life of over 12 hours of continuous use (replaceable CR 1025/3V included). Original Victorinox tools include Swiss knife / letter opener, screw driver, nail file (back-side), and scissors. The Wagner Swiss pen with multi-tool from Victorinox is based on the GP11, Swiss Pen rifle cartridge, with a twist action mechanism. The ink cartridge is a pressurized refill made by Fisher Space Pen that writes at any angle, upside down, underwater, and in harsh temperature conditions (hot and cold). Warranted for two years by Wagner of Switzerland.

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 10:21:55 AM

On my explorer plus and my ranger plus, I will slide the pen under the hook.  On my scientist and my serrated spartan plus, I will screw the pen into the corkscrew to write with.

I doubt I will ever run out of ink on any of these pens but its nice to have a pen when I really need it.

Under the hook to store or to write? Maybe a picture?

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 11:57:42 AM
I like the 91mm pen better. But use it if no other is around. I carry a nice Parker for writing and a sharpie or carpenter's pencil for marking stuff.

that's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 12:49:49 AM

Under the hook to store or to write? Maybe a picture?
:think: :D
pen

pulled

getting in

aligned

closing

done

ready

go

:gimme:

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 01:19:21 AM
Those swisspens look kind of neat.  But it looks like the scissors would be tough to use, and they wouldnt be able to open the whole way?
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

de Offline RT1969

• No Life Club
  • Straight Silver!
Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 05:12:03 PM
Those swisspens look kind of neat.  But it looks like the scissors would be tough to use, and they wouldnt be able to open the whole way?

That's what it looks like. Pretty weird.

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 05:37:30 PM
Does anybody know if there are Silvertech plus scales for the Climber so I can add a pen?

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #22 on: March 20, 2014, 06:02:03 PM
To my knowledge they never made plus style silvertech.  I wish they did, they are the nicest looking plastic scales.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

nl Offline Serena

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 09:44:53 PM
That's a shame… :(

ca Offline PeakXV

Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 11:03:14 PM

They basically just pivot to a perpendicular position and by then using the pen as a grip you can then work the handles with your fingers. Snipping small areas are (surprisingly) routine. I wouldn't want to cut an entire length of wrapping paper with it though ..... but then again that particular task is not as easy task with any of the Vic scissor designs.

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 11:54:33 PM

They basically just pivot to a perpendicular position and by then using the pen as a grip you can then work the handles with your fingers. Snipping small areas are (surprisingly) routine. I wouldn't want to cut an entire length of wrapping paper with it though ..... but then again that particular task is not as easy task with any of the Vic scissor designs.
  :tu:

Syph007, you can somehow try how it works, using Minichamp. The best angle to use the scissors on wagner pen is 100 degrees. So you'd open the Minichamp scissors at the same angle. The "Cut & Picker Blade" would act as the bottom of the pen. You shoud put your tumb on the scissors while you hold the "Cut & Picker Blade" as if holding a cigarette; holding Minichamp almost perpendicular, as PeakXV said, "Cut & Picker Blade" facing the floor.
It is almost the same as using scissors on pen.
 :o

:D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24