Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Prayers for baby girl please...

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Re: Prayers for baby girl please...
Reply #90 on: September 13, 2013, 12:38:06 AM
Very nice man,  glad you can take that worry off of your page and worry about normal father things

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

If I can help, let me know 

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #91 on: September 13, 2013, 05:32:40 AM
I'm late to the good luck, but I'll send positive energy for a faster recovery. So glad to hear she's ok :)
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #92 on: September 13, 2013, 06:16:26 AM
Ah, home sweet home :)  It was a long ride back as our GPS seemed temperamental and confused, but after some adventurous cruising around Boston, it got its bearings back and we got outta there.  Then once back in Maine, we made a detour to Portland as the wife had a place she wanted to go, and the GPS acted up again.  It seemed like it couldn't handle or keep up with the busy areas I guess :think:.  But we got to where she wanted to go, and then got headed back home.  Of course there were a couple stops to change/feed baby girl, and she wasn't in the best mood for a good portion of the way home, but a stop at Walmart about an hour away from home made her happy.  I think she just wanted to get out of her carseat and see some things.  She loves being out in public and just looking at all the people and sights.  We've got some considerable unpacking to do, but thankfully we had taken the rest of the week off from work, so we'll deal with that tomorrow. 

And man, wasn't it hot in Boston.  It was like 20-30 degrees warmer there than here, and quite humid.  Sirens were going off and on all through the evening and night.  Very busy place, and I can say I would never want to live in something like that.  It would be just too much of an adjustment at this stage of my life.  I wouldn't even want to send my children there for college or whatever after spending just a day there as I'd worry about them adjusting, but it's not like nobody's ever done it.  I'm just too used to life in rural downeast Maine, but I wouldn't want it any other way at this point ;)

So all is well now.  The Hemangioma is located in a fairly common spot for infants (salivatory gland area), and it's not affecting the functions of that gland or her ear, which are the primary concerns.  Hasn't affected her eating comfort or anything like that as they commented that she looked healthy and didn't appear to be going without due to any discomfort (she's a little chunky ;)), so all of these factors confirmed that it is nothing to be concerned about :tu:  We just have to have our docs here monitor it every 6 months or so by ultrasound just to keep tabs on it, and the Boston doc doesn't need to see her unless we see the need to do so.  Which is great news for the obvious reasons, plus I'm more than happy to not have to go through that trip again.  It was rather nerving to navigate and there were a couple close calls, but overall I guess I did well as we all made it there and back home without incident :tu:  Although I know I ticked off at least one taxi driver :whistle: 

Here's a pic of her and I at a service plaza stop on the way there (almost out of Maine)

And here she is sending her thanks to all you great folks :D

Again, thanks so much for all the support :salute:  It's really great to have such a friendly group here in this cyber community/family :tu:
K-Tibbs

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #93 on: September 13, 2013, 06:40:54 AM
I'm glad you made it safe at home. Boston sounds like a hot scary mess and not the kind of place I would want to visit. Your Maine is a place I've wanted to visit for many years, as I love lobster and the north. I'm originally from Maryland so winter is definitely something I miss. We only get a handful of decently cool days in a year here in Florida... I do like it though for being close to the water.  ;)

That aside, this is truly excellent news about your little one and it has made my evening  :D :cheers:
SAW

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #94 on: September 13, 2013, 06:43:57 AM
so glad you got the news you were expecting now you all can just enjoy her and watch her grow healthily with this chalked up as an experience in the big city.     
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #95 on: September 13, 2013, 06:59:27 AM
Thanks guys :salute:

I'm glad you made it safe at home. Boston sounds like a hot scary mess and not the kind of place I would want to visit. Your Maine is a place I've wanted to visit for many years, as I love lobster and the north. I'm originally from Maryland so winter is definitely something I miss. We only get a handful of decently cool days in a year here in Florida... I do like it though for being close to the water.  ;)

That aside, this is truly excellent news about your little one and it has made my evening  :D :cheers:

It was a hot scary mess for this small town Maine boy, but I'm sure it's not so bad for those that are used to the busy city lifestyle.  Just not for me is all.  I can't say I'd miss winter, but I experience it every year, so it's nothing new to me.  I do like having all 4 seasons that actually are different though, although some would say we have only 2:  Winter and not winter ::)

Oh, and one sad note:  I didn't use a MT/SAK the entire trip :facepalm:
K-Tibbs

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #96 on: September 13, 2013, 07:01:22 AM
Monrogue,

Very relieved to see everything is alright! :woohoo:   :D

Great news indeed, and also happy to see the ride is not too eventful.  I remembered driving in Boston downtown was a little difficult due to all the narrow one-way streets, and it messed up the GPS real good.  :)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #97 on: September 13, 2013, 07:25:02 AM
Good news !! !!! !!!!!!!
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline 82brutus

Reply #98 on: September 13, 2013, 07:30:19 AM
Well I'm sure glad it's good news and that you made it safely home!   It's really quite easy to tick off the cab drivers there so if that's all that happened them it sounds like a good trip.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 4

“We shall neither fail nor falter; we shall not weaken or tire...give us the tools and we will finish the job.” - Winston Churchill

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #99 on: September 13, 2013, 01:32:40 PM
Phew, glad to hear everything is ok and everyone's back home safe and sound! So are you saying that you would never make a trip to Philly? :D I ended up living there for a little over two years, and I was a rural only! JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #100 on: September 13, 2013, 05:24:32 PM
Very, very happy to see this!  :cheers:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #101 on: September 13, 2013, 05:33:52 PM
Phew, glad to hear everything is ok and everyone's back home safe and sound! So are you saying that you would never make a trip to Philly? :D I ended up living there for a little over two years, and I was a rural only! JR

Haha, probably not, unless I had to ;)
K-Tibbs

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #102 on: September 13, 2013, 07:01:49 PM
Glad she is ok mate,she is a real cutie  :tu: gps can be a pain but saves me and my wife arguing over a map  :D you all take care, :salute:

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #103 on: September 13, 2013, 07:12:54 PM
I'm glad she's OK mate, there's nothing worse than worrying about a child :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44