Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

charge TTI

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
charge TTI
on: May 08, 2008, 08:35:43 PM
I am looking at buying a charge TTI. I have the TI and XTI. the TTI is quit a bit of money. how much do you think is to much for a multi? Do you think it is worth it?

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: charge TTI
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 08:39:27 PM
Well, I honestly don't think a single S30v steel blade and titanium handles would make it so much more than the wave. But, I would have to say yes. It is among my favorite LM. It has one handed opening, titanium ( only benefit is the way it feels!), gut hook, scissors, crimper, and a few other things. It is a really good tool. If you spent $100 on a Charge why not spend the extra 20 and get more functionality. Like if your going to spend $120 on a MT then why not spend the extra 20 and get BO tools and cool camo handles?
B

Offline Rob

Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 08:53:10 PM
I personally own a Charge Ti and really want to pull a TTi from inventory to keep for myself but haven't yet.  It's definitely one of my favorite models and one I would be carrying right now if I didn't already have a Ti.

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 10:33:46 PM
If you want it,it's worth it,and if you like it well enough,you can always sell the others.

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:22:08 AM
Go for it!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 02:01:50 AM
Leatherman describe the TTi as the "pinnacle" of their range, and I completely agree with them.

I agree with Leatherman123 - it has basically the same features as the Wave, but it feels much more solidly made. I have just about all the Leatherman full-size tools, but it's the TTi that I EDC. It is pretty close to perfection IMO.

This (and my Micra) is all I need......

* 20080507 003.jpg (Filesize: 26.31 KB)
I used to come here a lot.

Offline Thargor

Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 04:53:58 PM
Get it, best multitool out there I reckon, I used to kind of prefer the Swisstool but when it comes to actually doing work around the place the TTI is way better, it feels like you could actually do a whole project with it, especially when it comes to screws, and the one handed opening and also that gut hook is super handy for opening stuff. Also, the blade just does not go blunt for me, Ive had it for well over a year now and its opened plenty of huge deliverys at work plus constant whittling and fiddling with stuff at home, still razor sharp as the day I got it and not a scratch on it either.

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 08:39:20 AM
thanks for all the input. I wish it had a stranded cable cutter like the surge.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%