Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Juice Scavanger Hunt

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Juice Scavanger Hunt
on: May 08, 2008, 09:35:25 PM
Ok, so I love the Juice series and the KF4 is one of my all time favorites. But... of course there are picky little points that bother me from time to time. Lately I've been wondering if there are any screws in the world that the "medium" flat driver will fit better than the "large" or "eyeglass" drivers. The problem is that the "large" is really a medium sized driver, and I have yet to find a non-eyeglass sized screw it doesn't fit. So the "medium" has been a waste of space expcept as a scraper/pry tool.

So has anyone ever stumbled upon a screw that needs the "medium" Juice driver? Please help me end my quest. ::)

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Juice Scavanger Hunt
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 05:30:19 AM
Not me. :( 

To be honest, I seldom encounter flathead screws anymore. My flat blade screwdrivers get used mostly for prying not screwing.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 07:03:41 AM
My flat blade screwdrivers get used mostly for prying not screwing.

There's a dirty joke in there somewhere... but I must be too tired to figure it out at the moment... :D
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

us Offline Spoonrobot

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 09:45:35 AM
If you post the width in millimeters I bet you I can find a proper sized fastener at work tomorrow. Looks of slotted screws in my @100 year old place of employment.

ca Online Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 01:32:13 PM
Ok, so I love the Juice series and the KF4 is one of my all time favorites. But... of course there are picky little points that bother me from time to time. Lately I've been wondering if there are any screws in the world that the "medium" flat driver will fit better than the "large" or "eyeglass" drivers. The problem is that the "large" is really a medium sized driver, and I have yet to find a non-eyeglass sized screw it doesn't fit. So the "medium" has been a waste of space expcept as a scraper/pry tool.

So has anyone ever stumbled upon a screw that needs the "medium" Juice driver? Please help me end my quest. ::)

So, basically in short you are agreeing with my dislike of multiple flatheads on the same tool? :D

I've been tempted to try sharpening it into a chisel or something to try and add some real functionality to what I have always seen as a waste of a tool.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 03:31:44 AM
they would be more useful with two phillips :)

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 08:20:24 PM
My biggest (in fact maybe my only) gripe with the Juice range are the tools in the handles.

As NeitherExtreme points out, the flat-heads in there seem a bit uninspired, but also, why do you only get the same selection of flathead screwdrivers in all models, from the cheapest all the way up to the most expensive?

Looking closely at say, the Juice PRO, the extra depth of the handles is completely filled by spacers, surely LM could have thought of something to put in there?
I used to come here a lot.

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 08:24:14 PM
Yeah, I rarely see any flat head screws anymore either.. But, I really like having the flat heads just in case!
B

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 08:18:21 PM
So, basically in short you are agreeing with my dislike of multiple flatheads on the same tool? :D

I've been tempted to try sharpening it into a chisel or something to try and add some real functionality to what I have always seen as a waste of a tool.

Def
Well, on the Juice series, I am agreeing. I don't mind if there's a Large, Medium, and Small (eyeglass), but on the Juice theres a Medium, Mini-medium, and Small.  :P I'd be real interested to see any mod's you attempt. I'd sugest modding the mini-medium since the others seem much more usefull.

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 06:15:58 AM
I've been thinking about changing mine into an awl,or chisel.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%