Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Familiar look, good deal?

abcdef · 10 · 2067

us Offline abcdef

Familiar look, good deal?
on: September 19, 2013, 03:49:20 PM
Have I seen something like this before?  Smokin' price.

[Link removed]

Please contact the forum admin or one of the mods if you wish to advertise on our forum, thank you.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 04:45:34 PM by nuphoria »

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Re: Familiar look, good deal?
Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 11:16:13 PM
 :spamkiller:
Leatherman

us Offline abcdef

Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 01:56:17 AM
This was my first post.  I checked many other posts and saw plenty of links to sale pages.  *

1.  I am not advertising and have no financial interest in the product.  I was showing what I consider to be an Atwood knockoff.

2. Why was the link removed? Why aren't links to all sales pages removed?  *

3. This is not spam. 

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 02:37:25 AM
First off, welcome to the forum.

As for the link removal. It looked like spam, smelled like it and was reported by members for being spam too.

You posted a link to a kickstarter fund raising campaign in your first post, no greetings, no introduction, nothing. Just a link to something for sale with a "Smokin' price." Now tell me that doesn't seem fishy to you. ;)

If you are a regular member and not the owner, join in on the discussions, browse around, meet the members. But try to avoid links to fund raisers. ;) I doubt you found links to those. Maybe some ancient ones we missed. If so, please report them.  :D

If you are the owner of that kickstarter project, no problem. But as this is a privately owned and members funded forum we can't allow you to advertise for free here. If you're searching for input and thoughts on your project you'll need to upgrade your account to a Crowd Sourcing subscription you can buy here for only $20 a month or $175 a year.

Then you'll be able to post links to your project in our Crowd Sourcing subforum.

It's currently empty as we were doing some switching around but we've had some kickstarters (Gearpull for instance still has a banner add here) who got help to fund their projects from our members as well as some input for future project.

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 02:39:07 AM
When I saw this thread, there was no link.
Leatherman

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 09:18:14 AM
When I saw this thread, there was no link.

Yeh,but the Mistress of Mod had beat you to it :pok:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 02:08:36 PM
Mr Gearpull is great, almost made me put some money towards something that I didn't want and have no need for!

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 02:10:19 PM
This was my first post.  I checked many other posts and saw plenty of links to sale pages.  *

1.  I am not advertising and have no financial interest in the product.  I was showing what I consider to be an Atwood knockoff.

2. Why was the link removed? Why aren't links to all sales pages removed?  *

3. This is not spam.

:spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller: :spamkiller:
Leatherman

us Offline abcdef

Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 03:16:04 PM
Sorry I broke a rule.  I did look for forum mandates regarding this prior to posting, but could not find any.  I am sure they are there, but I just gave up looking.  My reference to "sales pages" was along the lines of retail and auction sites.  When I saw the multitude of sales links posted, I did not think kickstarter would be any different.   

By way of intro, my intrest is mostly traditional pocket knives.  My pile of alox saks and a few keychain tools comprise my mt collection. 

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 11:06:32 PM
Sorry I broke a rule.  I did look for forum mandates regarding this prior to posting, but could not find any.  I am sure they are there, but I just gave up looking.  My reference to "sales pages" was along the lines of retail and auction sites.  When I saw the multitude of sales links posted, I did not think kickstarter would be any different.   

By way of intro, my intrest is mostly traditional pocket knives.  My pile of alox saks and a few keychain tools comprise my mt collection.

Welcome! Sorry, it was suspicious since your username sounds so spammerish. :-\
Leatherman

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24