Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Yet another kayaking trip

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Yet another kayaking trip
on: September 22, 2013, 03:00:00 AM
Frank and I went out kayaking today.  This is oddly enough the first time this year that Frank and I have been out together, and we did the Four Lakes Run, including some pretty neat rapids.

They were the same rapids that I shot last year.

Unfortunately the water was too low to try it- in the video above the water was significantly deeper which meant it was faster but I was a lot further from the rocks on the bottom.  Here's what the rapids looked like today:

It was still a fun run, although portaging the two boats around these rapids was kind of a pain in the butt.

Even so, the scenery was gorgeous.

Frank managed to get some fishing in as well.

You can't really see it in the photos but the wind was actually pretty heavy today, although for once it was going the same way we were, so we didn't mind so much.  :D

Sure it took us about three and a half hours to cover 8 kms, but they were hard kilometers between the wind, waves and rapids!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Re: Yet another kayaking trip
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 04:18:12 AM
That looks like a really nice trip. You're lucky to live in Halifax, when you look at it on a map it is practically all lakes.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Yet another kayaking trip
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 12:43:08 PM
And one really BIG one that tastes all salty and has sharks.  :D

The city on the other side of the harbour from me, called Dartmouth (which admittedly is now part of the amalgamated Halifax Regional Municipality, not that that matters) is called "The City Of Lakes" because I think there's something like 27 different lakes within the city limits.  Many of them are quite small and not really worth paddling and exploring as you can see most of it from the shore, but some of them interconnect and others are quite sizable, so yes, there are lots of places to paddle right here, and many more once you leave the city. 

The worst part is that I used to live on the shore of one of the lakes, for almost ten years.  For seven of those years I kept telling myself that I needed to get a kayak, but I always had more important things to do.   ::)

Finally I bought one and that began my descent into madness....   :ahhh

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%