Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Inova XO2 LED flashlights $22.79 at Costco

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Inova XO2 LED flashlights $22.79 at Costco
on: December 17, 2006, 06:19:14 AM
I posted this on another forum.... Some Costco Warehouse stores in the USA have begun selling Inova XO2 LED flashlights for $22.79.  These USA-made, 2 watt flashlights are built like tanks and run on two CR123a lithium batteries (supplied).

Be aware of the Luxeon lottery. We stood in front of the XO2 display, comparing the beams emitted by several of the XO2s. Some were bluer, some yellowish/greenish, some whiter. Some dimmer, some brighter.

The Costco item number is 155175.  Not all Costco stores have them in stock yet.

Fry's Electronics is selling them in the store for about $45.  The web price for these lights is typically $40 or more, for example: http://defensedevices.com/inova-xo2-flashlight.html
xo2.jpg
* xo2.jpg (Filesize: 15.63 KB)
xo2-pkg.jpg
* xo2-pkg.jpg (Filesize: 68.77 KB)
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Inova XO2 LED flashlights $22.79 at Costco
Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:59:02 AM
Are Inova lights still made by Emisive Energy? 

Def 
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 02:27:33 PM
Are Inova lights still made by Emisive Energy? 

Yes, but their web site is old and does not show the XO2.   The XO2 flashlight is a newer model -- essentially an XO upgraded to 2 watts.  The older version XO is described at http://www.inovalight.com/site.html?XO-ov
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 02:29:28 PM by parnass »
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 02:43:21 PM
The X5 was my first non Mag flashlight of any value.  I often think that if it weren't for that light I don't know if I'd be a closet flashlight junkie today.

Those guys at Emissive Energy Corporation really know what they are doing.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline plowboy

Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 01:01:34 AM
Inova flashlights are great, IMO.  I like the X5 too.  The X1 is also nice and is considerably smaller (runs on 1 AAA battery).  Inova also has  a nice line of Tatical lights, but the X1 is my favorite and sells for around $20.

I don't have a Costco near me....
 :)

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 07:46:14 AM
I've never personally cared for Inova lights.  It has nothing to do with the quality of the lights, it's just a personal taste issue. 

A couple of my friends absolutely love them.
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 12:23:49 PM
My biggest problem with the X5 is the lack of a "clicky" tailcap.  I absolutely detest having to twist the head or tail on a flashlight to turn it on or off.  That is also the greatest drawback on the Mini Mags and also what I really don't like about many of my other lights, including the SureFire 3P and Victorinox AA.

What's wrong with an actual switch?

Def

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 07:04:48 PM
Nothing is wrong with them, but a twist-switch is more durable.
- Terry

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 09:00:29 PM
And more annoying.

Especially on the models that have momentary on switches like the SureFire and X5 that could easily have clicky caps instead. 

Def

us Offline CacherX4

Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 09:34:13 PM
My surefire E1L has a clicky tailcap, but also the lockout feature of twisting the tailcap one turn so the light doesn't turn on in my pocket.  While I agree it is a pain to have to turn the tailcap, especially if you need to do it one handed, it is helpful for me since it rides along in my pocket.  When I first started EDC it I didn't feel the need to lock it out, but after a couple dead batteries and a warm pocket (those little buggers get quit warm if they stay on for awhile) I now twist the cap.  And now I am even getting better at "one handed twisting".........I am sure there is a bad joke in there, but I will just leave it alone >:D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 02:14:22 AM
My surefire E1L has a clicky tailcap, but also the lockout feature of twisting the tailcap one turn so the light doesn't turn on in my pocket.  While I agree it is a pain to have to turn the tailcap, especially if you need to do it one handed, it is helpful for me since it rides along in my pocket.  When I first started EDC it I didn't feel the need to lock it out, but after a couple dead batteries and a warm pocket (those little buggers get quit warm if they stay on for awhile) I now twist the cap.  And now I am even getting better at "one handed twisting".........I am sure there is a bad joke in there, but I will just leave it alone >:D

Turn-on in your pocket, one handed twisting, and a warm spot. Hmmmmm...........I best not touch that one either. Better to leave it for a true artist like Def or Inky to compose a true masterpiece of a reply.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 02:19:25 AM
I have so much arthritis medication in me tonight I find it amusing without even having to make a comment!

Def

us Offline Splat

Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 03:10:47 AM
Nothing is wrong with them, but a twist-switch is more durable.

More durable? Where's the facts on that? Myself, I too hate rotating the head or tail. Give me a tailswitch and I'm happy.
Splat

Offline plowboy

Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 02:37:52 PM
The twist cap has never bothered me...at least not until now and you folks bring it to my attention.

I still like Inova lights...

Streamlights have an actual switch, but they are made in China...they are decent lights though.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD