Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Real?

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Re: Real?
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 05:59:09 PM
I would say real, IF those pics are of the tool and not generic ones.   But I bet if you ask the seller they arent his pics of his tool.  Also 5 sales isnt much feedback.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 06:28:21 PM
I would say real, IF those pics are of the tool and not generic ones.   But I bet if you ask the seller they arent his pics of his tool.  Also 5 sales isnt much feedback.
This should be a red flag. I don't deal with sellers unless they have several hundred transactions in the high 90 percentile. You might get a deal , but then you might get screwed.
SAW

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 06:52:01 PM
I have yet to be screwed. I will just put in an Ebay complaint. They force the seller to give a refund, even if they don't offer it. Ebay is always on the side of the buyer. Now when I sell stuff I make sure it is perfect or all imperfections are known, cause the buyer is always right. Sometimes I am out the 2 dollars to return ship it, but that is the worst I have been screwed. If I know it is a fake, I won't buy it.

es Offline microbe

• No Life Club
  • Yersinia Pestis & Campylobacter Jejuni!
Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 07:40:10 PM
I have never sold anything on ebay - if I were to sell stuff, would that make me seem unreliable?
Once you go black you never go back
@blackdiamonds_42

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 08:10:17 PM
The pics in the listing are of a real one judging by the sheath, but that doesn't mean it's the one being sold. Especially as the pic was taken from this flickr album. http://www.flickr.com/groups/2021732@N25/pool/with/8512255789/

Here's a SOSAK comparison of the fake and real Resque tool: http://www.swissarmyknights.com/articles/2008/86-november-2008/491-fake-rescue-comparison

As for the feedback, all five feedback were from sales, and 3 of them were for 100+ dollar items. I have bought many times from sellers with low but good feedback scores before cause of the same reason GigaHz said, I trust eBay/PayPal buyer protection. If I have to pay their conversion fees (which are quite high) then I hope they'll do something to protect me too.

us Offline GigaHz

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 07:01:13 PM
It was real. The biggest difference I noticed was the screw driver locks in the real one and doesn't lock in the fake.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 08:59:08 PM
I have never sold anything on ebay - if I were to sell stuff, would that make me seem unreliable?

If we didn't know you from here, maybe... ebay is a huge mess
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 09:20:47 PM
Whenever I sell anything I always get far less than I was hoping for... maybe I'm too honest or something. Basically I've stopped selling cos I always feel like I'm ripping myself off. And then the buyers never remember to give me feedback, the smurfs!

But that is an extraordinarily ugly knife... I hope I'm not offending anyone by saying that. I know it's a tool for saving lives, not winning beauty contests!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%