Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ebay: Gerber Multi-pliers "FIRST PRODUCTION RUN" ends Oct 01, 2013

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
That's right folks (for the Gerber collectors who haven't got one yet) here is your chance to buy one of the very first Gerber MTs.  Just be aware that it is a shelf queen, not an EDC (several threads on here detailing exactly why that is so  ;)  )

Shiny, shiny, shiny !  I was tempted to bid on this one, but seeing as I already have two I thought I'd step aside and let other MTo'ers have a go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-GERBER-USA-MULTI-TOOL-PLIERS-W-SHEATH-FIRST-PRODUCTION-RUN-PAT-PEND-/171134984185?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d8709ff9

0 bids so far, starting price $US 12.99

The usual caveats: I have no connection with this seller, cannot vouch for them etc etc ....
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline sawman

• You're amongst friends.
Re: Ebay: Gerber Multi-pliers "FIRST PRODUCTION RUN" ends Oct 01, 2013
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 06:19:50 PM
Looking at the implements (blade, scissors etc) they look a bit shabby. I think I'll pass on this one.
SAW

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 07:05:56 PM
 :twak: Thanks. Now I´m telling myself I aint no collector. I don´t need it.

And, on a sidenote;: I EDCed a MR Pinchy for years before Gerber replaced it for a Multilock (MP 600) on their warranty - I did send it in because MR Pinchy got bad teeth from cutting wires.

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 12:05:39 AM
:twak: Thanks. Now I´m telling myself I aint no collector. I don´t need it.

And is that working for you ?   :pok:  (it doesn't for me)

NB  I'm surprised how cheaply old Gerbers sell for compared with the equivalent Leatherman PSTs.  There must be far fewer Gerber collectors than Leatherman collectors.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:08:33 AM by gregozedobe »
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 08:19:34 AM
I didn´t bid until now. And Ihave only been looking at the auction twice. We´ll see if it works.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 08:31:23 AM
I saw this too and love the MrPinchys.  I have 3 now and seem to be drawn to these fellas.       
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 12:28:17 PM
I didn´t bid until now. And Ihave only been looking at the auction twice. We´ll see if it works.

Did you want it ?  I assume you couldn't bid on it as it still has 0 bids.  If you do want it PM me with your maximum bid and I'll bid on it for you ( I still owe you a favour for organising those A100 knock-offs for me).

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 01:39:29 PM
Very kind of you, you dirty enabler ;). I can bid myself if I want. I do want, but will not, I guess. I do own an early Mr. Pinchy, just like my first Multitool was and that shall be enough tools I keep for sentimental values. (Ok, I´m lying - I have a second one with a broken screwdriver and also a cheap MP knockoff which I should show off in the appropriate section.)

If you keep reminding me, I will actually find something you can forward to me...  :D
Maybe a little Knifekit or Countycomm order in the future...

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Looking at the implements (blade, scissors etc) they look a bit shabby. I think I'll pass on this one.
It was a rather good multi back in the day. Some of the drivers where a little short, but it is a good one. It took a 4020 john deere to take mine out and it just  bent the handles on it.

sent from my mobile
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 02:35:38 PM by ducttapetech »
Nate

SEND IT!

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 03:52:58 PM
Maybe a little Knifekit or Countycomm order in the future...

I have some original version (series 1 ? ) polished SS Maratac AA and AA lights that I'm not using .....  :pok: ( very shiny ... and I know that is your weakness 'coz you told me so  :D )

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 04:15:13 PM
ok looks like ill make a run at this since it seems no one is.  id sure like a 1st run MrPinchy so we'll see how it goes. 4 days yet on the auction so ill keep an eye on this.
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline gregozedobe

Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 03:10:29 AM
ok looks like ill make a run at this since it seems no one is.  id sure like a 1st run MrPinchy so we'll see how it goes. 4 days yet on the auction so ill keep an eye on this.

Good luck  :tu:   Have you looked at the reviews and comments here on MTo so you know what you are getting ?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 04:07:51 AM
thanks and yes I have been looking through the gerber threads familiarizing myself with these great tools.  I got my 1st one not too long ago, a well worn BO pinchy and ive been learning as much as I can about these. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD