Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What is your Holy Grail?

Yadda · 323 · 27344

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Re: What is your Holy Grail?
Reply #180 on: August 05, 2016, 05:14:05 AM
Here's my latest grail acquisition, the '78 Wenger SI :)
(Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Easy there cowboy, don't dig too deep.   ;)   :D
Lol, did I do something wrong?

Not exactly...

...however the grace period of digging for badges ended last year and the description of most badges begins with 'start a new thread...'

New threads are good right?
Haha, man I suck :rofl:

Lol, I had already awarded the badge but nice to see you started a new thread anyway.   :D

I saw that after the fact...Guess I should've checked first :facepalm:
 :whistle:
K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #181 on: August 05, 2016, 05:14:44 AM
K-Tibbs

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #182 on: August 05, 2016, 05:18:32 AM

Not exactly...

...however the grace period of digging for badges ended last year and the description of most badges begins with 'start a new thread...'

Lol, I had already awarded the badge but nice to see you started a new thread anyway.   :D

Just gives you a chance to show it off all over again :pok: :D :cheers:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #183 on: August 05, 2016, 05:19:29 AM

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #184 on: August 05, 2016, 05:21:00 AM

Not exactly...

Just gives you a chance to show it off all over again :pok: :D :cheers:

True ;)
K-Tibbs

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #185 on: August 07, 2016, 04:21:48 AM
I dont know if I can answer this because I find a new one every time I save up enough and buy the old one :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #186 on: August 08, 2016, 06:23:12 AM
Mine would be a bit different than most of ya'll's.

Savage 24C, they haven't been made for 25 years? 30? They were a combo gun, 22LR/20ga, 18" barrels, and about 6 pounds. Cylinder choke so you could run slugs thought them, even though it meant your patterns were all short range. If I could find one that was well regulated (sometimes the barrels don't hit to quite the same vertical plane) and I had the money, I would snatch it up as fast as I could fill out the paperwork. Not the best at any one thing, but it will work for most everything in my neck of the woods if you've got the right mix of ammo on you.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #187 on: August 08, 2016, 06:39:05 AM
Umm, any MT that is not for free?..  :think: :-[

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #188 on: August 08, 2016, 06:57:03 AM
Mine would be a bit different than most of ya'll's.

Savage 24C, they haven't been made for 25 years? 30? They were a combo gun, 22LR/20ga, 18" barrels, and about 6 pounds. Cylinder choke so you could run slugs thought them, even though it meant your patterns were all short range. If I could find one that was well regulated (sometimes the barrels don't hit to quite the same vertical plane) and I had the money, I would snatch it up as fast as I could fill out the paperwork. Not the best at any one thing, but it will work for most everything in my neck of the woods if you've got the right mix of ammo on you.

I have a 22LR/410ga.  Best squirrel gun ever made. 
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #189 on: October 01, 2016, 05:51:32 PM
I'd love to own a Robert lessard custom titanium SAK. But I dont think I would be able to bring myself to pay the price (for a SAK) literally or phsychologicaly  :cry:. But boy are they fantastic!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 05:52:34 PM by kaput »
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

us Offline radioactive_Man

Reply #190 on: October 02, 2016, 01:54:38 AM
Right Now it would be a Benchmade 940 and BO Swisstool Spirit. The Benchmade isn't terribly expensive, but I just can't justify spending $150+ on another knife after buying a ZT. And I just can't find any BO Spirits.  :-\

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #191 on: October 02, 2016, 01:56:30 AM
ObiChamp  :cheers:
ObiChamp 1.jpg
* ObiChamp 1.jpg (Filesize: 80.42 KB)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #192 on: October 02, 2016, 07:28:40 PM
Right Now it would be a Benchmade 940 and BO Swisstool Spirit. The Benchmade isn't terribly expensive, but I just can't justify spending $150+ on another knife after buying a ZT. And I just can't find any BO Spirits.  :-\

+1 on the Swisstool BO.
Got mine yesterday and already can't imagine what I'd do if I suddenly didn't have it no more.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #193 on: August 28, 2018, 05:07:07 PM
Still no changes for me.  Grail item would be Mr Leatherman himself signing a tool of mine.  Not sounding arrogant but some of the items I like I could afford, I just cannot justify spending the money on them.  I'm still much to frugal to spend dough on such things.

No change for me.  I'd still like a signed LM from the man himself.  This would be my grail item.  I was thinking about what I'd buy or want to buy when the thought of this thread came to mind. 

I cannot think of anything beyond what I've already mentioned. 

Anyone obtain grails you havent mentioned? 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #194 on: August 28, 2018, 08:16:21 PM
My Holy Grail is the one tool that is so light you can carry it in your pocket and not know its there, but has every tool I will ever need. It is so small that it takes up virtually no pocket space. It is also the strongest tool in the world. Unbreakable, corrosion proof, and fire retardant. In addition to all your standard tools, it is equipped with a measuring tape, level, 100 feet of paracord, power jigsaw, butane lighter, full size axe, A pop up tent, spare underwear, toilet paper, and a built in projector connected to MLB.tv and NFL TV (with Netflix and Hulu capability of course), the nuclear football, my financial advisor, a month's supply of fine scotch, and the map to the lost Mayan treasure.  Oh yeah, its affordable too!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #195 on: August 28, 2018, 08:20:07 PM
Well I've got 3 Spirit S' in BO by now...
My current grail is a marlin spiked alox...

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #196 on: August 28, 2018, 08:55:42 PM
Well I've got 3 Spirit S' in BO by now...
My current grail is a marlin spiked alox...
I have 2 First mates (new ones with silver scales and red shield), so I'm willing to sell you one. It's new, but without box. PM me if interested.
firstmate_01.jpg
* firstmate_01.jpg (Filesize: 419.16 KB)
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #197 on: August 28, 2018, 08:57:22 PM
Pm!! :ahhh

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #198 on: August 28, 2018, 10:09:40 PM
 :salute: wow
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #199 on: August 28, 2018, 11:19:49 PM
Grail tool? As a collector, a few would be on my shortlist. I don't make smurf for wages, so there are a few tools I can't pay big bucks for right now that I would like to get in the future at some point.

Gerber MP650.
Kershaw A100.
SOG Paladin PT-540.
Leatherman Vista.
Victorinox XAVT.

There are a few more, but these would be the ones I'd like first. After those, maybe a Juice Pro or K4. Maybe SOG Paladin PT-525.
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #200 on: August 28, 2018, 11:25:55 PM
I have a Sheffield A100 clone that I modified with some different tools. I've been using it quite a lot in the garage lately, between welding and grinding tasks. It's a decently good tool, but would be better with more blunt-nosed pliers. I'm interested in trying out the real Kershaw A100 one day now that I've gotten used to the clone!

Charles.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #201 on: August 29, 2018, 05:22:52 AM
Grail tool? As a collector, a few would be on my shortlist. I don't make smurf for wages, so there are a few tools I can't pay big bucks for right now that I would like to get in the future at some point.

Gerber MP650.
Kershaw A100.
SOG Paladin PT-540.
Leatherman Vista.
Victorinox XAVT.

There are a few more, but these would be the ones I'd like first. After those, maybe a Juice Pro or K4. Maybe SOG Paladin PT-525.

I don't know about the XAVT, but most the others on your list are going to be hard to find on a limited budget.  But keep looking, sometimes you can find a B-I-N bargain on evilbay  :D
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #202 on: August 29, 2018, 05:50:07 AM

Gerber MP650.
Kershaw A100.
SOG Paladin PT-540.
Leatherman Vista.
Victorinox XAVT.

I don't know about the XAVT, but most the others on your list are going to be hard to find on a limited budget.  But keep looking, sometimes you can find a B-I-N bargain on evilbay  :D
Thanks, gregozedobe. :cheers:

I've bought everything on my ",To-get list" so far, up until the tools I listed here. I just have trouble with the really pricey stuff. Those are just Grail tools. I have so many great tools, I am pretty happy. :multi:
I found the Crunch, Recoil, JPST, one Wave, and Flair(and a bunch of common stuff as well) at the store I work at. Maybe the rarer tools will pop up one day. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #203 on: August 29, 2018, 07:39:49 PM
I would really, really love to get an original Green SOG Micro Toolclip someday to complete my set..  :dd: :dd:

Oh, and some more TiNi SOGs, and a Leatherm.....  ::) :D

Maybe I have a green one for trade... I check it...

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #204 on: August 29, 2018, 07:55:48 PM
I have owned a very wide range to tools, and most of them have since found new homes elsewhere, but I kept the ones that were the best fits for me.

As regards pliers based tools, I have no more yearnings for anything else. At least half of what I own are modifications, which I have tailored to suit my own tastes and preferences, and I managed to get everything I wanted before pricing started shooting upwards.

I'm totally satisfied with my array of traditional and modern folders too. I have a healthy assortment to choose from, and there's no "gaps" that need filling. Whatever the day has in store, in terms of activity or location, I have something to suit.

The only movement or change that I can see moving forward (other than selling off stuff that I haven't got round to yet), is Swiss knife modding. I have everything that I want to keep unmodified, and have most of the parts that I need for my six planned mods. These are rather complex projects, and will be quite labour intensive (not just simple tool changes), and will be done gradually over the months and years ahead, as time and health allows.

So my grail items cannot be bought, they must be made, and made by me. That's what gives them the added value over commercially available items. There's a feeling of pride in using something that you put together, which cannot be had from something you just handed over beer vouchers for.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline eTripper

• No Life Club
  • "My real name is Cosmo Pombal"
Reply #205 on: August 30, 2018, 04:09:44 AM
For knives it would be a SOG Fatcat, Cold Steel 4-Max, and a Benchmade Adamas Auto in black.

"Those who do evil to others:  the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists.  Will come to know me well.  Frank Castle is dead!  Call me . . . The Punisher."

"Out of the night comes a man who saves lives at the risk of his own:
Once a circus performer, an aerialist who refused the net...
Once a cat burglar, a master among jewel thieves...
And now, a professional bodyguard - primitive, savage, in love with danger."  - T.H.E CAT

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #206 on: August 30, 2018, 04:31:12 AM
Is it weird that after five minutes of holding one I really want a Case Sodbuster? I currently carry a multitool and a 91mm waiter... and I love using the waiter. But I LOVED using that sodbuster. I mean it’s not particularly expensive. It’s just got plain plastic scales. It’s not even sharpened to a very fine edge — just 25 degrees according to my lansky. But damn if I don’t like using it quite a lot. 

Charles.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #207 on: August 30, 2018, 06:56:41 AM
Not strange at all.  We like what we like. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #208 on: August 30, 2018, 06:59:20 AM
I've modded some tools but theyre still just LMs.  Which is why I still say having one signed would be cool.  I'd love to make a fixed blade.  I said having one made to my specifications would be close.  I change my mind.  Making one would be awesome.  Making something from a hunk of steel then adding handles.  Not sure thats entirely out of the question. 
Esse Quam Videri

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #209 on: October 08, 2018, 09:06:44 PM
A „Spyderco 25th Anniversary Delica“ would be great...

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%