Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

subtle differences

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
subtle differences
on: May 12, 2008, 03:52:31 AM
I have been carring the wave as my EDC. it replaced the swiss tool three years ago or so. i gave it a rest and boought a new swiss tool with the flash light. I have found a couple timed I wished I had a light so this was a good move. I started using the swiss tool and would have to say for me the handles are not very comfortable. the charge feels much nicer. today at a relatives house i tried to sharpen some wire cutters and the file on the swiss tool has no file on the first quarter inch. I couldn't sharpern the tip of the wire cutters. I finaly went home and used the leatherman wave to finish the job and the diamaond file that goes all the way to the edge did the job. I with a file as small as a multi file the tip is very important as I am usualy doing work in tight places with it and need the tip. looks like the wave or charge are the EDC again. I also carried my craftsman profesional for two weeks. I love the pliers but I tried to use the can opener and no go. the can opener need to be at the edge of the handle to reach the can. I guess schrade missed this point. the can opener is to far into the middle of the tool to work. it is the detail like this that keeps leatherman on top of my rotation.

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Re: subtle differences
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 06:09:49 AM
You can't go wrong with a good leatherman!!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 05:19:37 PM
What is it about the handles that you find uncomfortable mate?
I'm back!!

spam Offline scrappy

• Turd Bucket
  • No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 08:02:12 PM
it doesn't have as sharp edges as the wave but they still feel rough on my hands. I think it is because one side of the handle sticks out more than the other. this makes it dig into the hand a little bit.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 04:51:44 AM
Good points about the file usefullness. Their diamond files are really one of Leatherman's strong suits.  :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%