Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Minichamp Owners Club

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Re: Minichamp Owners Club
Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 02:51:25 AM
Marius,

Great looking set of alox MiniChamps!  :tu:

Thanks, Karl :cheers:

Nice Scenic ones do you have :tu:

Which reminds me that in fact the Cellidor painted ones that I shown here are not exactly as they came from factory, except the actual knives, the scales being from LE Classic series.

Who likes MiniChamps in plastic may want to consider dressing them up in fancy designer scales that often appear on Classics ::)

Think the green 7-blade in the first shot is factory; but the purple 8-blade is aftermarket (Central Valley IIRC)

Lovin' those green alox.  :drool:

Same here: my fancy plastic MiniChamps come from the same source. Not that is anything bad about that, au contraire :tu:

Think I share the feeling about the olive green. I like those a lot.

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 03:08:15 AM
Three more pics with a green one
047_5838.JPG
* 047_5838.JPG (Filesize: 85.19 KB)
049_6766.JPG
* 049_6766.JPG (Filesize: 125.53 KB)
053_3578.JPG
* 053_3578.JPG (Filesize: 119.33 KB)

us Offline Jailbird

Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013, 03:31:47 PM
Here's mine. It's spent a lot of time on my key ring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1381930298397.jpg
* uploadfromtaptalk1381930298397.jpg (Filesize: 22.78 KB)

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #33 on: October 16, 2013, 04:32:30 PM
I have one but I do not use it anymore as it has several  tools that I found unnecessary.
 I like the manager more and carry it.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

nz Offline KiwiMark

Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 08:50:03 PM
I have one but I do not use it anymore as it has several  tools that I found unnecessary.
 I like the manager more and carry it.

LOL - What a coincidence!

Last night before going to bed I was online searching for a new EDC and decided to order a Manager!
I love my Rambler which is on one set of keys and I wanted something on the other set of keys that I use at work, I wanted a pen because I often need one at work and the Manager seemed like it might be just perfect for what I wanted.

I also ordered a black executive because, well - do I really need a reason to get another Victorinox?

I have an old Minichamp (no combo tool or pen) and I was considering buying a new model, but it is harder to use than my Rambler due to the extra tools that I never need/use making it harder to find the tool I want.  I do think that the Minichamp is pretty cool for the amount of tools for the size & weight but I just don't find the need for all the tools to be there.  I don't think of any tools as being unnecessary on my Cybertool 34 - every single tool on that is worth having IMO, but with the Minichamp I don't believe I've ever used the ruler or the cuticle pusher - I have used the orange peeler on a few oranges though.
"Mr. Carl Elsener and his Victorinox brand of knives is the undisputed king of knives in the world today."

- Sal Glesser (Bladeforums - 8 Jan 2011)

Offline victordomingos

Reply #35 on: October 16, 2013, 11:22:00 PM
When I bought my Minichamp, I couldn't make my mind. I liked the rambler and the manager because they both offered the essential functionality I was looking for (blade, scissors, small Phillips, nail file) in a light, thin and small size. The Minichamp had a few extras that I was interested in trying out, but I was not sure if it was worth the extra thickness.

So, I got both - Minichamp and Rambler. But I had to decide between them, and it wasn't easy. I end up with the Minichamp. I am carrying it everyday in the small front pocket in my jeans. I have used all of its blades. Even the tiny ruler has proved usefull once in a while. The emergency blade is probably it's most used tool, together with the pen. I like a lot the smaller size of rambler and manager, but I really think that I now could not go back and replace my Minichamp by any of those :-) I would certainly miss all the missing tools.

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 11:32:54 PM
I have a few MiniChamp models including the HTF grandaddy XL version. Here is a couple photos.
Minichamp XL

Stayglo Minichamp

Swiss Post Minichamp

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 03:21:30 AM
Very nice!

I am thinking to get a StayGlo MiniChamp myself.

I also like them a lot in white (that Swiss Post one looks delicious).

:cheers:

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 03:25:03 AM
A random pic that I have handy with a plain white MiniChamp (another in red appears in this random 58 mm group photo):
057_6291.JPG
* 057_6291.JPG (Filesize: 135.55 KB)

Offline victordomingos

Reply #39 on: October 17, 2013, 11:10:05 PM
How many Minichamps do you guys own? (I have only one that I use as EDC in my pocket.)

Offline victordomingos

Reply #40 on: November 08, 2013, 11:32:17 PM
I really need to add a light to my Minichamp, or replace it with a Midnite Minichamp. Probably I will spend less if I buy a midnite manager or other simpler SAK and then swap the scales between them... What do you recommend?

00 Offline Fattsgalore

Reply #41 on: November 09, 2013, 07:14:08 PM
The Minichamp needed scales (got it in a junk lot) and the Silver Tech's needed to be in more adequate company than the standard Classic's tool set... Never enough like to much. :D
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:17:10 PM by Fattsgalore »

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #42 on: November 10, 2013, 05:41:12 PM
I have a Minichamp with transluscent light blue scales. I EDC it on my car's keyring, paired with a Ladybug, and it is my most reachable and used SAK

Offline victordomingos

Reply #43 on: November 23, 2013, 02:22:02 PM
Don't you think the Minichamp is missing a can opener? Is there any way to open a can with a Minichamp without destroying our little fellow?

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #44 on: November 23, 2013, 02:58:33 PM
Don't you think the Minichamp is missing a can opener? Is there any way to open a can with a Minichamp without destroying our little fellow?

I don't think the springs would be up against the average can, actually... Have you ever seen -any- keychain tool with a canopener?
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

us Offline colt 1911

Reply #45 on: November 23, 2013, 03:18:32 PM
Count me in

Swiss Army knives .

CHEERS

us Offline stealth007s

• I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #46 on: November 23, 2013, 06:18:59 PM
My latest :whistle:

Sent from Endor via an Ewok
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

Offline victordomingos

Reply #47 on: November 29, 2013, 01:09:52 AM
I keep becoming a big fan of the Minichamp each day. This time, I used my Minichamp to open the electronics unit in a soy milk maker. It didn't work. Turned out to be a disconnected cable.

I used the pliers in a LM Style PS to pull the loose cable without having to disassemble the whole thing and put it back into in the right place. The pliers were a good tool because the tip of the cable needed to be a little squeezed in order to stay right there. And the Phillips screwdriver in any SAK is a real lifesaver. I have a small Phillips in the Minichamp and a bigger one in the Explorer, and both are great, covering a lot of different screws in a variety of contexts. But I must say, the Minichamp has really surprised me in how useful and capable it can be. It is replacing my Explorer 80 or 90 % of the times.

Now the soy milk maker works, and we'll have a nice breakfast tomorrow :-)

gb Offline toadyb

• Be prepared!
Reply #48 on: February 11, 2014, 10:09:32 PM
I received my new Minichamp alox in red last week.  Purchased from a german ebay vendor, it arrived three days after ordering. Lovely quality, I am delighted. It is near identical in size to to a Wenger evogrip 81 but with twice as many tools. For my money the Wenger scissors are still better than the Victorinox ones (or the Leatherman ones for that matter). Scissors apart I cannot think of a better tiny keyring tool.
The problem now is choosing between the Leatherman squirt PS4 in red and this   8)

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #49 on: February 12, 2014, 01:10:00 AM
Yesssss  :woohoo: The Club  :gimme:
cp.JPG
* cp.JPG (Filesize: 96.51 KB)

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #50 on: February 12, 2014, 01:12:33 AM
Cant wait for the Alox minichamps to hit the USA! Next month I believe. I need to start saving now.  :ahhh
I'm the milk man!

us Offline JAfromMn

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Reply #51 on: February 12, 2014, 04:11:12 AM
Just paging through this tread.

I have another sak to put on my want list.

I've been swapping out between a rambler and a rouge the last few months but I. Can see a few benefits to the mini champ.

Defend the Hive!!!

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #52 on: February 12, 2014, 05:26:59 AM
I'm in.  It's a great tool and I used to carry one, but I prefer to carry the more compact Rambler on my keychain nowadays.

Below is a Vagabond.  It has the tools that I use most from the Minichamp, but also a slimmer profile.  I consider it a "near Minichamp":

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:30:29 AM by NutSAK »
- Terry

us Offline Singh

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: February 12, 2014, 06:08:56 PM
Cant wait for the Alox minichamps to hit the USA! Next month I believe. I need to start saving now.  :ahhh

Yeah, I couldn't wait either, so I didn't.  ;)

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #54 on: February 12, 2014, 06:40:18 PM
I have a Midnight Minichamp ( red led ) and Minichamp.  These are some great little SAKs I'd like to pick up a white led in time.   
IMG_3122.JPG
* IMG_3122.JPG (Filesize: 275.87 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Luna Knife

• No Life Club
Reply #55 on: February 12, 2014, 10:55:18 PM
Do all Vic Minichamps have a pen??  Im assuming that the alox models do not

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #56 on: February 12, 2014, 10:58:53 PM
Do all Vic Minichamps have a pen??  Im assuming that the alox models do not

The Original didnt have the pen it had the toothpick instead.
Esse Quam Videri

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #57 on: February 12, 2014, 11:37:48 PM
When I bought my Minichamp, I couldn't make my mind. I liked the rambler and the manager because they both offered the essential functionality I was looking for (blade, scissors, small Phillips, nail file) in a light, thin and small size. The Minichamp had a few extras that I was interested in trying out, but I was not sure if it was worth the extra thickness.

So, I got both - Minichamp and Rambler. But I had to decide between them, and it wasn't easy. I end up with the Minichamp. I am carrying it everyday in the small front pocket in my jeans. I have used all of its blades. Even the tiny ruler has proved usefull once in a while. The emergency blade is probably it's most used tool, together with the pen. I like a lot the smaller size of rambler and manager, but I really think that I now could not go back and replace my Minichamp by any of those :-) I would certainly miss all the missing tools.
:tu:
I agree with you 100 percent. :cheers:

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: February 13, 2014, 01:18:04 AM
Hat-trick  :D

Minichamp - back

Minichamp - front

Minichamp II

... and
keychain companion Midnite Minichamp  :2tu:

gb Offline Ross

Reply #59 on: February 13, 2014, 05:39:26 PM
Just a snap of my two Alox and midnight.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%