Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Knife Assembling Set

Reinier · 41 · 13046

be Offline Wilfried

Re: Victorinox Knife Assembling Set
Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 06:29:36 AM
I'm in the wrong business. What I need to be doing is buying Spartans and disassembling them and selling the parts laid out neatly on a piece of cardboard. I'll be RICH!  :ahhh

:D

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 10:21:52 AM
As I understand, the display packs a re more a collectors item - No need to buy them to put togetehr your owen Spartan.
They are priced around 200,- € in the Cologne shop, iirc.

gb Offline Longtermsakfan

Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 06:50:04 PM
Yes, I agree, this is not a cheap item £46 compared to a ready-built Spartan at £12, but it does fit in well with my collection.
As collectors, we all have different requirements, when building the collection.
I have 23 Spartans on display, all colours, cellidor and nylon, and one minus scales to illustrate the method of scale attachment. For me, a framed set of component parts hanging on the wall alongside the display cabinet just adds something extra to the collection. If you think that you can disassemble a Spartan, and be left with every part, including pins and bushes totally unused and unmarked, then go ahead !
However, it is worth remembering that, they are obtainable NOW. When no longer produced, for whatever reasons, they just may become a rare collectors item.
I remember the little Swiss Army Knife book by Derek Jackson. I managed to buy several copies in both English and German, for about £4, just before they became unobtainable !! Prices now ??????

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 04:09:32 AM
I would not hesitate to buy one at £46.  If anyone wants to ship me one send me a PM.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: March 09, 2014, 10:40:34 PM
Sorry not, very good pics, but only had time for quick ones.

Thanks to Jamie who aquired this set for me.  :salute:

us Offline dipti

Reply #35 on: March 10, 2014, 07:24:51 AM
Victorinox knives are always good to have!!! I think their "Huntsman" Swiss Army knife is just perfect for any situation, from small to the most complicated we face in our daily activities!!!! This multi-tool knife is just uterly fantastic!!
My never ending love for tomahawks

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #36 on: March 10, 2014, 03:27:35 PM
I've seen that in Geneva, you had to assemble it on the spot. Only Spartans and with serial number besides the corkscrew if I remember right. I would make one if it was a Climber, Mountaineer or Huntsman and up.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 11:41:56 PM
I really do wish they would make a Climber or Huntsman set.  Maybe if this is popular they will consider others.  I wouldn't mind a Ranger also, and you would think that maybe a SwissChamp would have to be a pretty good seller for them.  I hope they think about this more, I love these kits.  They need to work on the price though a bit and release them in more regions.

00 Offline Caranthanus

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: March 11, 2014, 12:21:38 AM
I really do wish they would make a Climber or Huntsman set.  Maybe if this is popular they will consider others.  I wouldn't mind a Ranger also, and you would think that maybe a SwissChamp would have to be a pretty good seller for them.  I hope they think about this more, I love these kits.  They need to work on the price though a bit and release them in more regions.
+1  :2tu:

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: March 11, 2014, 10:50:43 AM
I guess as the Spartan is teh Iconic SAK, they will not do any others.
They are not intended as "build your own" kit but rather as a showpiece.

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: March 11, 2014, 01:45:05 PM
Sawman has already said. Why not just a Spartan disassemble? Nice box, maybe even a graphic with the tools ... And finish is the assembling box.
I find this realy nice for a collection. But it has already been said, not at this price  :-\
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69