Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Extrema Ratio Police III

spam Offline PropThePolecat

Extrema Ratio Police III
on: February 12, 2014, 04:27:58 PM
I am considering getting the Extrema Ratio Police III. I already own the BF2 Pitbull folder and ive been very impressed with ER's quality and build.

There are many things i like about the Police III, such as the bladeshape and auto rescue hook, but the weight (8.8 oz) is putting me off.

One of the reasons its so heavy is the way its built ie. with 3 stainless liners. That adds to the overall width of the knife too, but i suspect the ergonomics are quite good. Slim knives carry very well, but the ergonomics when cutting hard ie. really putting you weight on it, isnt too good. It has a pocketclip, but weighting around the same as a Leatherman Charge, i dont think it would be that great in the pocket.

Apparently the knife was designed with input from the Italian Police, but i cant fathom why they put a Marlin Spike in there? Ive been in a situation, where i wished for one, after i lashed a bicycle to the roof of a vehicle, but thats a single incident over the past 4 years. How many knots do Italian cops loosen over the course of a year?

I dont need another rescue knife, as i already own a Triage, but i think the ER Police would be a nice addition to my collection of practical users. It would feel right at home between my other hard use knives. That is if I can get over the weight and price.

What do you guys think of it? Has anyone ever seen or handled one?

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:51:48 PM by enki_ck »

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Re: Extrema Ratio Police III
Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 12:34:11 AM
They are well built , looks like a nice design .

One of these days , I want a R.O.A. .

Chris

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31