Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

ebay: Victorinox Swisstool Spirit RT Road Tour Edition. From Brookstone

us Offline burnside

There are 10 Spirit RT's available from Brookstone on ebay right now. They are listed at $125.00 shipped. I haven't been able to find these available anywhere else for a while now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-SwissTool-Spirit-RT-Swiss-Army-Knife-with-Pouch-from-Brookstone-/181246767213?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3326306d

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
They're still available at Swiss Outpost: http://www.swissoutpost.com/site/product/53922.aspx

And also on Amazon from Swiss Outpost: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040M4EG0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a fair amount cheaper from them as well.  :tu:
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

us Offline burnside

They're still available at Swiss Outpost: http://www.swissoutpost.com/site/product/53922.aspx

And also on Amazon from Swiss Outpost: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040M4EG0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a fair amount cheaper from them as well.  :tu:

Nice  :tu:

There are currently 2 listed as in stock at swiss outpost, and 4 listed as in stock on their amazon site. People better jump on these RTs if they want one at the same price as a regular Spirit X! There might possibly be only two left in stock if swiss oupost's amazon store is slow to update their stock. I'm not sure if their stock on their amazon site is the same as on their regular website.

By the way, brookstone on ebay is now down to 8 from 10 since I first posted this thread.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
So is there any difference between the regular one and the RT except for the writing on the blade and the black handles?

Will that black wear off the handles?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:55:39 PM by sir_mike »

us Offline sticktodrum

You also get a black leather sheath with snap closure instead of Velcro.

The black coating may wear off, but I highly doubt it will do so easily from what I've read.
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
You also get a black leather sheath with snap closure instead of Velcro.

The black coating may wear off, but I highly doubt it will do so easily from what I've read.

According to the link, the Swiss Outpost one comes with a Nylon sheath.  See #22 on list of tools.

us Offline sticktodrum

That's likely from the standard product description. The special edition RT never came with anything than its specialized packaging, which included the black leather pouch:

This special edition SwissTool Spirit RT Swiss Army knife sports a beautiful polished black anodized handle and a soft leather pouch. Like all SwissTool Spirits, it packs a lot of great, useful tools in a rugged, ergonomic, compact space. These are industrial strength solid stainless steel implements for the toughest jobs. Made in Switzerland and guaranteed for life.

It's unlikely that theirs is any different. Either way, they're Spirit RTs.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
I guess I should ask if anyone bought one from this site and received a nylon pouch instead of the leather one?

us Offline burnside

I guess I should ask if anyone bought one from this site and received a nylon pouch instead of the leather one?

I'll find out tomorrow. I might even call in the morning and ask before my package gets here. I placed my order over the phone this afternoon, so it shouldn't be a problem to ask them what sheath it comes with.
...Or you can always shoot them an email  :)

So is there any difference between the regular one and the RT except for the writing on the blade and the black handles?

Will that black wear off the handles?

Based on some posts that I've read, the RT's handle's color process is different than an anodization process, or a black oxide coating, or the black chrome process. I forget what they called it, but I think it infuses the color/coating into the metal on a molecular level.

I think the black Oxide Spirit X' and Spirit S' will more likely fade out way before the RTs ever fade (if the RTs ever even fade out that is). The handles on the RT look and feel like glass, and they probably do not scratch easily. Although it feels smooth like glass, it's still grippy and I have no worries about it slipping from my grip.

us Offline burnside

Only two left in stock at brookstoneco on ebay. They have been selling pretty quickly since I started this thread..

At first I would think it happened because of my link, but then why wouldn't the swiss outpost sell out first?
 :facepalm:

I suspect once all the RTs are truly sold out everywhere, aftermarket prices will be starting at least around $125.00 (maybe $100 but doubtful).

us Offline burnside

All sold out at the swiss outpost. Their amazon site says there is one left in stock but that might just be a updating delay in their system.

us Offline sticktodrum

Looks like the last one sold on Amazon... Wonder who got it, and if they really did get it after Swiss Outpost sold out... :)

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
It looked like that when the Swiss Outpost sold there last two, the Amazon site went from 4 to 2.  When I checked awhile ago.

Cant even pull up the ad at Swiss Outpost but Amazon's you can and it does state "leather pouch".

burnside: If you still decide to call and check, please post it, just in case Swiss Outpost gets more in.

Thx.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 01:47:06 AM by sir_mike »

us Offline burnside

Yup. Swiss Outpost is all sold out. 2 still left on the ebay /brookstoneco link above.

gb Offline J888www

The black coating .........
Some form of DLC coating.

us Offline sticktodrum

Yup. Swiss Outpost is all sold out. 2 still left on the ebay /brookstoneco link above.

So those extra two seemed to indeed be a disparity in their inventory system. I ordered the last one on Amazon, and got a cancelation notice this morning due to it being out of stock.

No worries though, as my first order shipped yesterday.

A good run, and the gents that took advantage got a great deal.

us Offline burnside

Looks like brookstoneco has 10 more listed as in stock. I get a sketchy feeling from them. They would like you to think they have low stock so that you will buy them up. Who knows how many they really have left.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Looks like brookstoneco has 10 more listed as in stock. I get a sketchy feeling from them. They would like you to think they have low stock so that you will buy them up. Who knows how many they really have left.

I am sure alot of seller's wont list that they have a 100 of them if they do, they will list it in smaller quantities to spark interest in folks thinking they are a low stock or harder to find item! :)

us Offline burnside

Just checked, and they are no longer listed by brookstoneco on ebay.

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
burnside:  Did you contact them about the leather vs nylon pouch question?  :)

They had "nylon" listed on the Swiss Outpost site.

us Offline burnside

burnside:  Did you contact them about the leather vs nylon pouch question?  :)

They had "nylon" listed on the Swiss Outpost site.

I did not get around to doing that today. If ups delivers on Saturdays, then it should be here tomorrow, and I will find out. Otherwise, I won't know until Monday.

us Offline sticktodrum

I get mine tomorrow. I'll let you guys know and throw a picture up as well. Super excited!

us Offline burnside

I get mine tomorrow. I'll let you guys know and throw a picture up as well. Super excited!

Did you ever end up getting yours? Mine have not showed up yet (which is strange because I live in the same state as Swiss Outpost, and they told me it would be here on friday). I heard a truck drive up to my driveway, and then turn around and leave.. I didn't see the truck, but I did drive down the road looking for it.

If it was the ups truck, I worry that it was a different ups delivery guy than the guy who comes here on the weekdays who then decided to call it a day without putting any effort into looking for for my place (probably thinking that he will just let the weekday delivery guy take care of it on Monday). I live out in the country so it's feasible. At least that scenario would be a better situation than it getting delivered to a different address or getting lost in the mail.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:06:12 PM by burnside »

us Offline sticktodrum

Nope. I actually went in to work to be able to receive the package, but the USPS is a bunch of jerks. I checked the tracking and it said business was closed. That's obviously not the case, as I was there. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time they've done this. They tend to B.S. things so they don't have to deliver packages on Saturday.

us Offline burnside

Nope. I actually went in to work to be able to receive the package, but the USPS is a bunch of jerks. I checked the tracking and it said business was closed. That's obviously not the case, as I was there. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time they've done this. They tend to B.S. things so they don't have to deliver packages on Saturday.

Did you have yours sent via usps or ups? Mine are being sent via ups. I think the same thing happened to me. I think UPS is much more unreliable than USPS.

us Offline burnside

My package was actually sent sent vis USPS 1st class mail, and not UPS. The link with a tracking number that Swiss Outpost sent to me was to UPS, so no wonder it wasn't working right for me.

I received the package today, and Spirit RTs came the same way as the other one that I have. Same leather pouches, and the same packaging. I am very impressed with the spirit rt. It's my first real multitool since the 90's so I can't compare it to any other brands or models currently made (other than a leatherman micra and that doesn't really count imo). My first was an original Leatherman PST. The Spirit is a huge upgrade.    :tu:

:multi:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:41:39 PM by burnside »

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Okay, I will fess up and I was the one that got the last two from Swiss Outpost! LOL

After I put them in the cart, I seen the coupon box so I looked for a coupon to get a discount.  I found one that stated "10% off swiss army knives" so I pasted it in and applied it.  It said the coupon had expired but it gave me a discount on each one of them so I ended up getting almost $4 off each one so I was happy. 

I ordered them Thursday late afternoon or early evening and I received them today!  Pretty quick and yeah both have leather pouches with snaps.  Even better knowing that they werent nylon. :D

us Offline burnside

Okay, I will fess up and I was the one that got the last two from Swiss Outpost! LOL

After I put them in the cart, I seen the coupon box so I looked for a coupon to get a discount.  I found one that stated "10% off swiss army knives" so I pasted it in and applied it.  It said the coupon had expired but it gave me a discount on each one of them so I ended up getting almost $4 off each one so I was happy. 

I ordered them Thursday late afternoon or early evening and I received them today!  Pretty quick and yeah both have leather pouches with snaps.  Even better knowing that they werent nylon. :D

Yup..Same here. The coupon was expired, but they gave a discount to me on shipping to make up for it. I also got two, lol.

So then you, sticktodrum, and myself got six of the eight that were available!  :rofl:
 :cheers:

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.

Yup..Same here. The coupon was expired, but they gave a discount to me on shipping to make up for it. I also got two, lol.

So then you, sticktodrum, and myself got six of the eight that were available!  :rofl:
 :cheers:

Haha, I guess we did!  Hard to pass up for the discounted price! :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD
44%