Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Marlboro Adventure Team March

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Re: Marlboro Adventure Team March
Reply #30 on: December 13, 2019, 07:40:28 PM
My box copies look like all the other MIB copies...so here are my users:

Modded one of the user Illuminators to an old-style white LED:

Modded one of the Troubleshooters to add a Lite module and the original scale to accept a pen:

Finally got a user copy of the Spartan they other day...and I'm surprised at how thick the clear soft-touch coat is.  Polished it a bit with micro mesh down to the 3600 grit and still didn't burn through it.  I'll post that one later after I make a couple of passes on the finer polishing. None of the other red Marlboro knives have this type of Economy construction (Scales w/o inlay shield and non-anodized knife liner/divider). The black Marlboro Tinker which isn't part of the series has similar Economy scales.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #31 on: December 13, 2019, 08:49:10 PM
Like the pocket watch!  :cheers:

00 Offline uspcompact45

Reply #32 on: December 14, 2019, 04:21:47 AM
My box copies look like all the other MIB copies...so here are my users:

(Image removed from quote.)

Modded one of the user Illuminators to an old-style white LED:

Modded one of the Troubleshooters to add a Lite module and the original scale to accept a pen:

Finally got a user copy of the Spartan they other day...and I'm surprised at how thick the clear soft-touch coat is.  Polished it a bit with micro mesh down to the 3600 grit and still didn't burn through it.  I'll post that one later after I make a couple of passes on the finer polishing. None of the other red Marlboro knives have this type of Economy construction (Scales w/o inlay shield and non-anodized knife liner/divider). The black Marlboro Tinker which isn't part of the series has similar Economy scales.

That illuminator looks awesome. Well done!

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: December 14, 2019, 06:36:21 PM
Like the pocket watch!  :cheers:

That illuminator looks awesome. Well done!

:cheers:  Thanks guys!

-----

That Spartan cleaned up better than I expected. Not bad for a 'freebie' included in a knife lot. And now my set of Marlboro users is complete too.

If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline RoccoT.31

Reply #34 on: July 13, 2021, 09:41:08 PM
My 1st Victorinox Swiss army knife was a classic SD with an a1 steak sauce logo on it, That my dad gave me but for the life of me cannot find in my parents house.  This is my 1st 91 mm Swiss army knife that my grandfather gave me from  Marlboro miles, I added the new blue scale tools. I must have been about 7 when he gave it to me, which was a long time ago (30yrs). and he is no longer with me but this reminds me of him every time. My new task is to get all the others ones and the newest one that marlboro is giving away NOW.
20210710_191409~2.jpg
* 20210710_191409~2.jpg (Filesize: 117.28 KB)
20210710_191716~2-01.jpg
* 20210710_191716~2-01.jpg (Filesize: 276.89 KB)

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: July 15, 2021, 05:11:57 PM
Looks good with the blue tools!

Also got a Marlboro topo recently. Too bad they don’t show any Marlboro labeling.

us Offline RoccoT.31

Reply #36 on: July 16, 2021, 04:12:20 AM
Looks good with the blue tools!

Also got a Marlboro topo recently. Too bad they don’t show any Marlboro labeling.

Thank you, mine will arrive Monday from Marlboro.  I wish they had the logo on it to. nothing in the Marlboro catalog has their logo. Now to add the plus scale back, pen, pin and choose the color of the scale tools. Is yours numbered at all. Heard it was 1/6000

us Offline RoccoT.31

Reply #37 on: July 20, 2021, 12:11:18 AM
 :gimme: it came today from Marlboro. The Marlboro topography spartan with red tools and lanyard. It wasn't number as I thought but was limited to 6000. So two down now and three togo in my hunt for all the Marlboro saks
20210719_162527-01.jpg
* 20210719_162527-01.jpg (Filesize: 215.59 KB)
20210719_163018-01.jpg
* 20210719_163018-01.jpg (Filesize: 242.75 KB)

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: July 20, 2021, 09:24:11 AM
Those are cool scales! :like: :like:

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #39 on: July 20, 2021, 05:25:38 PM
I'm a little confused, are Marlboro still selling SAKs and other gear? I thought the only Marlboro SAKs were the older branded ones that come up on ebay.

us Offline RoccoT.31

Reply #40 on: July 20, 2021, 11:11:00 PM
I'm a little confused, are Marlboro still selling SAKs and other gear? I thought the only Marlboro SAKs were the older branded ones that come up on ebay.

THEY'RE BACK BABY!!!
About 1½ TO 2 Years ago marlboro brought back a rewards program this time called marlboro rewards. This was the first swiss army knife listed.  It was limited to 6000 knives. First appeared back months ago and sold out as of last week. 11700 pts. For the topography spartan.  One pack of smokes is 100pts. They have a lot of cool stuff like before, but nothing with the marlboro logo on it . Get to smoken people... LOL just joking 🙃

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: July 20, 2021, 11:17:39 PM
The new Topo Spartan is cool.

The older Vic Marlboro knives had some very cool configurations.

They still can be purchased for reasonable prices.I have duplicates and even triplicates of some of these older SAK's.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline Frailer

Reply #42 on: July 21, 2021, 11:27:58 PM

The older Vic Marlboro knives had some very cool configurations.

They certainly did. The Trail Guide is one of my all-time favorite SAKs.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%