Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

30 day Climber Challenge

Smaug · 124 · 10846

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Re: 30 day Climber Challenge
Reply #120 on: November 25, 2013, 02:11:49 AM
Baby wipes! Brilliant! Lord knows I have enough of them floating around...
How did the baby wipes work out ?

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #121 on: November 25, 2013, 01:02:01 PM
On Saturday, I used the small blade to open a clamshell package. This is one of the reasons I have mixed feelings about dedicated package opener tools. A small blade under strict control is just as good at opening packages, and useful for a lot more things.

Yesterday, I trimmed the corner off of a jagged toenail. Yes. Get over it. This is a real world test.

We're back home now, and it's not likely that I'll be doing a ton of stuff with the Climber on a day-to-day basis. Because of that, while I'll carry it through the remaining days of the challenge, I'm going to wrap up my impression now.

Let's start with the tools that were never used: Awl, Parcel Hook, Corkscrew, and Tweezers. Never needed any of them through the time I've carried the tool.

Most used: Scissors, by far the most used. They are good. For day-to-day tasks, they were fine. They only failed once, and that was more me not them (trying to cut the wire in a twist tie). I've tested the 91mm SAK scissors on my scissor test thread, and they worked as I expected them to.

Others: Both blades, flat driver, cap lifter, toothpick, can opener and small flathead pressed into service as a phillips all worked. I also used the can opener as a light pry tool to open a plastic container. I almost always forget how often I use the toothpick.

While about an ounce heavier than the tools I regularly carry, I didn't notice it, since i don't pocket carry.

While not specific to the Climber line, mine is a Silvertech. I love these scales. Along with looking very cool, the scratches they get don't seem as pronounced as what happens with the standard red scales. So, I didn't feel like I needed to baby the tool. It went to work right out of the package.

This obviously wasn't any kind of torture test, but a real world test of how I use a tool day to day. And AS a day to day user, I am pretty darned pleased with the Climber.  :tu:

:climber:

gb Offline Ross

Reply #122 on: November 28, 2013, 02:47:16 PM
Quick update from me - I have used my Climber now since I started. I have not posted everyday because as I work behind a desk I use my knife for the same things every day - I am sure you all have better things to read and look at me opening boxes and post every day lol.

I did use the hook to carry a heavy bag home (about 3 miles) as it was cutting into my hand - love the hook!

:salute:

us Offline kmanct3

• No Life Club
Reply #123 on: November 29, 2013, 10:47:07 PM
Hey Smaug , look familiar ........

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30