Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Suggestions wanted: Minichamp II or something else?

au Offline mr626

• We sell products and get in fights
Suggestions wanted: Minichamp II or something else?
on: November 13, 2013, 12:03:44 AM
Hello all,

Hoping that you SAK experts can provide some advice.

There's a few people on my Christmas list that I think would really like a good SAK. I'd also like to get one for my son, as it is his first Christmas and it would be great to have something that I can then 'officially' give to him when he is older and tell him of its origins.

So I guess I'm after recommendations for a good 'stocking filler' type knife. Looking to spend around $20 USD here. Would Prefer something with less features that is slightly collectible over something that is more 'junky' but am open to suggestions here.

For my son, I think something like the Minichamp II would be good. I like SAK models that have a good assortment of screwdrivers. I also really like my mechanic with its pliers.

Aesthetically speaking I prefer solid colour scales- the traditional red, or green/black etc is good.

Happy to buy used also, even if it means a bit of cleaning/polishing on my part to bring them up to standard.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Offline jrp316

Re: Suggestions wanted: Minichamp II or something else?
Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 12:46:15 AM
It's hard to go wrong with a MiniChamp. At a $20 price point, you're looking at a used one however. Another good knife in the 58mm line is the Rambler or the Manager. Those two have the same tool sets (combo tool with Phillips head and bottle opener, nail file with flat head screwdriver, blade and scissors), with the Manager having a pen tool in one scale. Either of those used should come in around the $20 mark or less. Both are excellent EDC or keychain knives.

au Offline mr626

• We sell products and get in fights
Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 03:43:17 AM
Thanks for the reply. Ended up getting a Super Tinker and a Huntman. Both used but in good condition.

Offline jrp316

Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 04:32:03 AM
Can't go wrong there either. Good choices.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28
Site Currency: USD
47%