Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

knife multi tool knife with remgrit (similar to Gerber)

luko · 7 · 1458

Offline luko

• New User
knife multi tool knife with remgrit (similar to Gerber)
on: November 06, 2013, 04:06:26 PM
Hi, I'm fall in love for the Gerber Legend, especially I like the "remgrit\disston" saw for cut the metal; but it's too expensive for me

what's a good multi tool with a "remgrit\disston" not too expensive? maybe for cut the metal too. for a tool like that i can spend 40 pounds\45 € at maximum

if you think who there aren't good multi tool with a "remgrit\disston" not too expensive, what's a good cheap knife multi tool? for a tool like that i can spend 20 pounds\25 € at maximum

thank you
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:08:14 PM by luko »

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Re: knife multi tool knife with remgrit (similar to Gerber)
Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 04:23:47 PM
If you're just a bit lucky, you can get a Gerber MP600 Pro Scout for below 45€

Where are you from, if I may ask? That can make quite a difference on prices...
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 04:20:47 PM
Bmot is right. Used MP 600s sometimes run below 45,- € here in Germany.
If shipping is no deal breaker, I might have what you are looking for.

Offline luko

• New User
Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 04:37:59 PM

I live in several european countries. Now I'm living on UK and I'll move somewhere else. Anyway I think who it doesen't matter because I could buy that online

Anyway, there are some things less expensive?

thank you

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 05:02:56 PM

I live in several european countries. Now I'm living on UK and I'll move somewhere else. Anyway I think who it doesen't matter because I could buy that online

Anyway, there are some things less expensive?

thank you

Hmm, in the UK, you can't buy anything with a knife from Ebay, which may make it harder to find anything cheap. I don't think there's anything cheaper, not that I can think of, at least. But, like I (and Lowtech) already said, that's mainly because of the Remgrit saw requirement...

A multitool below 25€, certainly new, won't be much good, certainly not when bought in Europe. In the USA, you might have more of a chance, but Leatherman's (for example) in my country start around 30€ for keychain-sized tools. Gerbers tend to be a bit cheaper, but not below 25€, usually.

Of course, you could get a non-name brand tool, though those are always of a lesser quality. Have a look around this cheap&cheerful section for more thoughts on those.
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 10:48:15 PM
I would rather spend my budget on a used, but cared for Quality tool than on a Cheap new one.

The LM Surge and Gerber MP 600 and 800 are the only toosl that come to mind with a replaceable sawblade (Apart from teh long siscontinued Gerber Multilite).

What do you need that tool for? Is the replaceable blade crucial or is it something optional you´d really like?
I had a time where i thought I needed one, too but found out I rarely use it , so my EDC changed from the MP 600 Proscout to a Scout, which has no saw, but an Awl.

Maybe a SOG tool would be something for you - You can get the tools separately and mix and match to fit your needs (and legal requirements, if need be). AFAIK they had a metal saw available.

gb Offline Cupboard

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 07:57:05 PM
The ST300 EOD has a removable saw too, but that's not going to be suitable for many reasons.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%