Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Winter car kits

Gareth · 122 · 10481

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Re: Winter car kits
Reply #120 on: December 01, 2013, 12:14:59 AM

It is pretty basic- just keep your face out of the way of the Jack handle.  Remember that and you are good.

And don't get under the vehicle without proper blocking rather than the jack. Or be without an escape route. Or... lets sum up- never forget that you are working with a hand tool that is lifting or dragging a ton or more of vehicle by brute force, which you are providing. It's science, you aren't superman, and if something goes very wrong you get run over by your own truck. Same risks you have when changing a tire, really. Just like a chainsaw, you want to learn from someone who's used one a lot, rather than the users manual.
Yep, I know someone that was killed by his truck Rolling over him. I use my jack and jack stands whenever I work on my vehicles.  If this does to make sense, sorry but I'm drunk.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Winter car kits
Reply #121 on: December 01, 2013, 01:08:50 AM
I think getting under a vehicle while it's on any jack is a bad idea.  I'm even paranoid under a vehicle on jack stands, and I always have an escape plan.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%