Here is something a bit different.
Meet the Off Grid Tools Survival Axe with 31 built in features.
The Axe has the following features:
- heat treated and resharpenable hatchet edge.
- hex sockets 9/16"/15 mm, 1/2"/13 mm, 3/8", 7/16", 10 mm, and 11 mm
- backed hex socket accepts any 1/4" bits
- wire twist
- recessed nail puller
- pry bar
- box cutter
- can opener
- demolition grip teeth
- hammer head
- spanner wrench for hose couplings
- gas valve shut-off wrench
- bottle opener
- rust-inhibiting black oxide coated hardened stainless steel tang
- non slip rubberized grip
- ergonomic durable 30% glass filled nylon handle
- screws for access to replace seat-belt and sawzall blades
- seat belt cutter with replaceable blade
- lanyard pass-through
- hardened steel glass breaker
- large easy grip turning knob for folding blade
- locking and replaceable 6" blade will cut metal and everything else. Fits any 6" reciprocating saw blade (thin kerf)
- upper and lower finger guards for safety and secure grip
This is a nice bit of kit that fits easily in the hands. This is more a survival hatchet than an axe. Likewise, this would appear to be a nice tool for a firefighter to field. I did find one negative...that of the included sheath. There is only one anemic belt loop on the backside. Likewise, the nylon doesn't make a positive contact on the blade side, meaning the axe (hatchet) wants to slip out of sheath on that end. This one screams for a proper leather sheath in my opinion. Otherwise a nicely featured compact tool that would come in handy for a first responder, or for anyone that might need its functionality. I myself quite like this one.