Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What do you guys use the SAK magnifying glass for?

se Offline williu

What do you guys use the SAK magnifying glass for?
on: November 12, 2013, 11:23:34 AM
I'm waiting for my Explorer to arrive in the mail, but I have a magnifying glass on my Swiss Card Lite on me all the time, but to be honest I have a hard time finding a good use for it... but I noticed here on the forum that some people seem to use it a lot. So, what do you guys magnify? :D

Offline victordomingos

Re: What do you guys use the SAK magnifying glass for?
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 11:47:02 AM

I'm waiting for my Explorer to arrive in the mail, but I have a magnifying glass on my Swiss Card Lite on me all the time, but to be honest I have a hard time finding a good use for it... but I noticed here on the forum that some people seem to use it a lot. So, what do you guys magnify? :D

Hi! I also have an Explorer and I use the magnifying glass as a macro lens while taking pictures with my iPhone, e.g. insects, flowers... Sometimes it also comes handy to help me reading those tiny letters in serial numbers, at work.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 12:05:25 PM
Great choice of SAK! I use my mag glass for splinters, looking at all sorts of small stuff out and about - bugs, leaves, bark. Anything.

My daughter bought me an old beat-up Explorer for my birthday last year and I use it every day. I've adapted it to use as a bit driver too. The only extra I'd like for it is a wood saw. Then it would be perfect for me.

Enjoy yours and be sure to post pics.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 01:04:47 PM
I don't use mine either, but I consider that a blessing. When the day comes that I DO need it frequently,  it means ky eyesight is failing... :(
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 01:58:28 PM
wait till you get to my age !
i'd need longer arms if it wasn't for the lens on my Swisscamp  ::) (or reading glasses maybe  :think:)
seriously though even before my eyesight went I used the mag lens for all kinds of things, digging out 'splinters' for one thing ! those small ones (usually metal) that hurt like hell but you just cant see 'em.
I even sourced a 'stand-alone' mag glass so I could 'try' to move away from the SwissChamp and start EDCing a plier based tool such as my spirit or Rebar.

http://www.trueutility.com/pocket-tools-store/true-utility-eyeglass-TU34.html

us Offline burnside

Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 03:07:17 PM
I use it to find clues when I'm on the case.

Other times, I use it to burn things unsuccessfully (if pressured hard enough, I could use it to start a fire). Like some others have already said, it works good for splinters and reading superfine print/serial numbers etc. The Magnifier is actually more handy than one would expect, and I consider it one of the more 'fun' tools to use even when there is no real need for it.

I like the idea of using it as a macro lens on a cell phone camera.  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD