Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Winter cycling thread

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Re: Winter cycling thread
Reply #30 on: April 21, 2017, 06:11:13 PM
I wimped out of riding to work this morning after rain yesterday and temps of -2°C overnight.  I've got some studded tyres (Schwalbe Marathon Winter) but they're massively heavy so I don't like using them and there are enough places on my commute that I know get ice that I didn't think it was a good idea to ride without.

Sorted my lights out last week though - dynamo LED lighting front and rear, two backup rear LEDs and one flashing LED on the front.  Reflective tape on my cranks and mudguards helps too.

Just quoting this for effect as yesterday morning (april 20th) my morning commute temps were -4C  :pok:

Coldest ride this winter was -24C, tho I do have to find better gloves, my fingers were a tad frozen after that one   ::)

Safe riding everyone!  :salute:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: May 06, 2017, 05:17:49 AM
I'd love to try a pair of schwalbe marathons but the price of a pair make your eyes pop out 😳
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

fi Offline AlephZero

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf smash!
Reply #32 on: May 06, 2017, 10:39:26 AM
I'd love to try a pair of schwalbe marathons but the price of a pair make your eyes pop out 😳

They're not so expensive if you remember that they're going to last at least about 5 years or so...   :pok:

Besides, my Ice Spiker Pro's cost about double that, and I'll pay that gladly, for the safety they bring me in the icy conditions  :tu:

:)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 10:42:10 AM by Aleph78 »
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86