Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Surge announced

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: New Surge announced
Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 07:22:39 PM
I want one, and will get one, but only when the price comes down to around what the old Surge is selling for - around $76 on eBay.  Its new and its fun, but I don't see any justification for the street price being 30% higher than the "old" Surge - except for heightened MTfreak interest, which will die down.  I'm fully confident that Timmy will make enough of them to meet the demand, and that we'll see the price drop to a more reasonable level in short order.  Then I'll strike, like a coiled cobra out of the darkness.

us Offline stealth007s

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I don't LIKE anything!i!¡!¡!¡!
Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 08:49:02 AM
I want one, and will get one, but only when the price comes down to around what the old Surge is selling for - around $76 on eBay.  Its new and its fun, but I don't see any justification for the street price being 30% higher than the "old" Surge - except for heightened MTfreak interest, which will die down.  I'm fully confident that Timmy will make enough of them to meet the demand, and that we'll see the price drop to a more reasonable level in short order.  Then I'll strike, like a coiled cobra out of the darkness.

Do you really think so?

I just don't see what all the excitement is about with this one. I guess I'll have to get one to really tell, huh? I doubt it will be any time soon though as I just bought, what I believe, is the MT to end all MTs........ The BO Spirit X!¡! Now that's a MT!¡! I will be getting an original Swiss Tool but this is the LM forum, enough Swiss talk :D
Dear Leatherman......................

Terry

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 03:29:35 PM

Do you really think so?

I just don't see what all the excitement is about with this one. I guess I'll have to get one to really tell, huh? I doubt it will be any time soon though as I just bought, what I believe, is the MT to end all MTs........ The BO Spirit X!¡! Now that's a MT!¡! I will be getting an original Swiss Tool but this is the LM forum, enough Swiss talk :D
I used to think the same thing, til I a Flik. And again with the Wave, and again with the Surge and again with.........

sent from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 04:54:39 PM

It looks good. Does anyone know if these are new design scissors?
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

gb Offline BigMatt

Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 08:39:35 PM
Scissors are absolutely the same as you can see in provided video. They where very good so no real need for a redesign.
Only one cosmetic change, they replaced the plastic thumb pad with more metal.

gb Offline BigMatt

Reply #35 on: November 20, 2013, 11:46:42 AM
Just got an email from REI regarding my Surge that was on back order (ordered 10.11.2013):

"Order #75.... is on its way!
Greetings Matthew......
We're happy to let you know that we've shipped the following item(s)."

Just a week or two for the postage and I'll be probably first in uk to have the new leatherman surge.
I'm 30 years old and I'm squiling like a little girl :-)

:D :D :gimme: :gimme: :climber: :multi: :sak: :drool:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 12:08:38 PM by BigMatt »

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #36 on: November 20, 2013, 10:35:50 PM
Just got an email from REI regarding my Surge that was on back order (ordered 10.11.2013):

"Order #75.... is on its way!
Greetings Matthew......
We're happy to let you know that we've shipped the following item(s)."

Just a week or two for the postage and I'll be probably first in uk to have the new leatherman surge.
I'm 30 years old and I'm squiling like a little girl :-)

:D :D :gimme: :gimme: :climber: :multi: :sak: :drool:

Funny how you feel like that about getting a new tool. Great feeling though.  :D
I'm the milk man!

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 04:47:52 AM
I like the update!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31