Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber new style Tool Kit

Offline damota

Gerber new style Tool Kit
on: December 21, 2006, 12:15:09 PM
Got the new style Gerber Bit Adapter set this morning. This is to be used with the Freeman, Diesel, Recoil and the Nautilus. This is a far better design than the original one that is made for the MP600 tools. Apparently made in Taiwan it is adonised (bits apear to be sprayed with mat black paint) and holds the bits by a magnet (also holds itself to the multitool) so the bits do not drop out. You get nine bits with it 3 each of Philips, flat and Alan so that is three more than the other set for half the price. Oh and the sheath is better Tools are easier to get at and it rides high on your belt so is much more comfortable.
Hope they replace the set available for the MP600 as it also has a hex outside so it can use 3/8" sockets as well as the 1/4" bits.

Dave
PS
The photos with a dark background were taken on my new toy a SE Cybershot phone it does not open cans but it is a phone and a real camera so can I call it a Multitool?  :D >:D :cry:
DSC00031.jpg
* DSC00031.jpg (Filesize: 69.95 KB)
DSC00034.jpg
* DSC00034.jpg (Filesize: 89.73 KB)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 12:19:10 PM by damota »

Offline damota

Re: Gerber new style Tool Kit
Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 12:21:19 PM
The other shot (with a proper camera)

Dave
PICT0793.jpg
* PICT0793.jpg (Filesize: 80.43 KB)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 12:34:05 PM
Nice!  That looks significantly more effective than the old one.

I just picked up a Leatherman Universal Tool Adaptor myself and I'm just exploring the possibilities.  I think the ability to accept shandard hex bits is one of the most effective ways of ensuring an effective and versatile tool.  I am a little surprised that more manufacturers aren't offering this built right into the tool like the LM Crunch or Wenger SwissGrip.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline damota

Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 04:19:51 PM
Nice!  That looks significantly more effective than the old one.

I just picked up a Leatherman Universal Tool Adaptor myself and I'm just exploring the possibilities.  I think the ability to accept shandard hex bits is one of the most effective ways of ensuring an effective and versatile tool.  I am a little surprised that more manufacturers aren't offering this built right into the tool like the LM Crunch or Wenger SwissGrip.

Def

I agree with you on that, forget the onboard drivers (most are daft sizes) and put a bit driver on instead. The LM bit set is a bit restrictive but they are easy to carry though and did you know there are some of those square headed bits you keep mentioning included (I forget the name) and they all fit a standard 1/4 bit adapter as well as the weird shaped LM adapter?

Dave

us Offline inkster

• Administrator
  • Administrator
Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 02:27:07 AM
I don't see a Bloomer tightening attachment on that one.  Therefore rendering it useless.  ::) :P

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%