Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Is SwissBianco slacking?

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Is SwissBianco slacking?
on: December 07, 2013, 11:02:52 PM
Glancing through the history books, it looks like SwissBianco was churning out masterpieces the last few years, with new models every few months. Now it feels like forever since there was anything new.

Has he retired to Hawaii or does he have something cool up his sleeve? Someone must know. :tool:

de Offline crackout

Re: Is SwissBianco slacking?
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 11:22:38 PM
I'm still waiting for the 84mm scissors model. :o
Say my name.

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 11:57:36 PM
That's a good question... I hope it's not a sign of things to come. Or rather, of things not to come.

I hope he has another special color run for Blade Show like he did this year. :D
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

do Offline Blade runner

Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 07:41:34 PM
They have a  new line of knives

image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 82.67 KB)

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 07:57:05 PM

(Image removed from quote.)

Who? SwissBianco? That looks to me like modified versions of the SRM 704. :shrug:

nl Offline bmot

• No Life Club
  • Don't judge a tool by it's brand
Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 07:58:37 PM

Who? SwissBianco? That looks to me like modified versions of the SRM 704. :shrug:

I was just thinking that...
A knife-carrying guide for the international traveller. : http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,47532.0.html

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 08:27:26 PM
Well they are limited with rearranging tools from the current and support lineup of Vic tools.  There is only so many rearrangements that are possible.  The carver is stretching it for me I think.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Offline jrp316

Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 09:15:27 PM
I'm still waiting for the 84mm scissors model. :o

This. I remember a pic +B posted of a pile of 84mm scissors and springs that Victorinox had supplied. So far, I haven't seen anything more about it; when asked about it, he gave a rather vague answer. Sales would blow up if he made scissor equipped Cadets. Victorinox has to approve whatever he designs, so that may be the hang up.

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 09:33:06 PM
Well they are limited with rearranging tools from the current and support lineup of Vic tools.  There is only so many rearrangements that are possible.  The carver is stretching it for me I think.

I'm still waiting for the Master of Awl Things (4 awls and a marlin spike) and the Freddy Kruger (take a guess)

I'm not expecting them to dream up infinite variations, but some new colours would be nice. Or even the old colours for those of us who missed them the first time around... cos it would be sad to go to swissbianco website in three years time and see he's still trying to flog off the last apocalypse green bushmaster and a copper rambler.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 09:49:21 PM

I'm still waiting for the Master of Awl Things (4 awls and a marlin spike) and the Freddy Kruger (take a guess)

I'm not expecting them to dream up infinite variations, but some new colours would be nice. Or even the old colours for those of us who missed them the first time around... cos it would be sad to go to swissbianco website in three years time and see he's still trying to flog off the last apocalypse green bushmaster and a copper rambler.

Keep in mind too he's not a SAK enthusiast.  He wants to make and sell his own stuff more than SAKs.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

us Offline burnside

Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 10:13:48 PM

Keep in mind too he's not a SAK enthusiast.  He wants to make and sell his own stuff more than SAKs.

It would be very cool to see someone who is a SAK enthusiast get approved by Victorinox to do what swissbianco does (and more).  :pok: :tu:
 :climber:

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 06:01:08 AM
He's not a SAK enthusiast? Odd name then...
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

us Offline rickinFL

Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 09:24:02 AM

I love the carver.  Gives me an extra blade spring and Harvester blade.

Bushcrafter-only a genius would remove the openers from a farmer and resell it for double the cost!

I wish that Vic/SwissB would come out with something more creative than just fancy colors.  How about new tools for 93mm? 

00 Offline papercut

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 10:01:12 AM
he made a rather disturbing post on his forum on bladeforum recently. it seems things are not well with him.
Lurking with a large collection of sharp knives!

de Offline Schneider

Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 05:45:52 PM

He's not a modder and actually hates people who do them. ::) Just look at the sticky in the BF subforum.

As far as I know he only orders the knives from Victorinox and doesn't do any of the modifications. He's just a dealer with a connection at he factory that lets him order special colors and somewhat different configurations of already existing combinations. The pictures he posted of lots of tools to be assembled with his logo in them are from the Victorinox factory, not his personal stash of parts.

He does make some knives but they aren't SAKs but some weird fixed blade designs I never liked.

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 06:08:34 PM
I think he released too much to soon and it looks like Victorinox have taken the hint by making an Alox Mini Champ :drool: I just hope they do the same with other models ;)
The limited runs they did were nice but I think they should just make them all standard as they have the parts its just different coloured Alox they need to clothe them in :D
I bought quite a few of the limited runs but had to sell them on due to money problems :cry: I would have loved to have kept the BO Pioneers as EDC but being limited and expensive I didn't.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

00 Offline papercut

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 01:05:28 AM
he actually got his start as a modder. he made the original Damascus pioneer, which got the attention of Ibach and.started their relationship.
Lurking with a large collection of sharp knives!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 12:29:40 PM
he actually got his start as a modder. he made the original Damascus pioneer, which got the attention of Ibach and.started their relationship.
I know Rodger has said that many times, but it should be noted that nothing that I have read from Victorinox gives him any credit for any involvement in that project. :shrug:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 01:40:06 PM
Part of his name "Swiss" is about the country not Saks.

Some of Rogers earlier work I really like. The Neck Angels and the FSB are sweet looking.

sent from Nate's mobile
Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #19 on: December 16, 2013, 04:46:32 PM
Roger recently emigrated to the US, but he is actually from Switzerland. Hence the Swiss part of his name.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline marduk

Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 06:45:28 PM
he made a rather disturbing post on his forum on bladeforum recently. it seems things are not well with him.

What is most troubling to Roger is the recently passing of his mother, his closest relative, & problems with her estate in Switzerland. The loss of a parent, especially one's mother, is a traumatic experience. Like nothing else it reminds us of the fragility of life and the permanence of death.
As some of us know, his transition to the US several years ago was not without some problems. He had legal problems in the old country regarding his work in knives and in the US his shop in Georgia was broken into and several of his weapons were stolen while he was away.
It's not easy to start a new business, especially in a new country, where one has to learn a new language and where the odds of success are against you.

My sincerest condolences to Mr. Redmond, and I hope that the passage of time will help dissipate some of his sorrow.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 07:38:33 PM
I didn't know his mother passed. I haven't talked to him in a long time.

sent from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 08:33:21 PM
There has been a big gap in his videos on youtube, he did say that he has had problems, but he left it at that.

I'm inclined to give the guy a break. Once in a while I think that Victorinox need a poke to get them innovating. B+ appears to give them a bit of a poke from time to time.
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

ca Offline ianbalgobin

Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 02:14:38 AM
First Post on the forum!

Hopefully Swissbianco is still running properly.  I got an email response from swissbianco.ca that he's travelling and will get back to me.
I've got it bad for the Cyber-Yeoman.

I love the magnifying glass, and the Bit-driver.  Having them both together makes for the perfect EDC for me.

gb Offline nsa-x-file

• No Life Club
  • In a world of compromise, some don't.
Reply #24 on: January 03, 2014, 11:16:23 AM
With Victorinox ending the special alox runs I think Roger will be moving away from alox and concentrating on his own knives and other projects he has lined up.
It's new people to the collecting scene that will suffer as the older alox runs will get harder to find as most collectors will hang on to them.
And of course the prices will reflect the low numbers made as time goes on.
All good things come to an end as they say.

ca Offline ianbalgobin

Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 05:37:53 PM
With Victorinox ending the special alox runs I think Roger will be moving away from alox and concentrating on his own knives and other projects he has lined up.
It's new people to the collecting scene that will suffer as the older alox runs will get harder to find as most collectors will hang on to them.
And of course the prices will reflect the low numbers made as time goes on.
All good things come to an end as they say.

I'm glad I've got my Black Alox Cadet in the mail then!   :mail:

ph Offline dmanuel

Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 08:24:03 AM

Here is what I received in an E-Mail from him.

Quote from: +B
...as you may did now we had some hard times and we will move on 99% and make ouer own sak and most part of that money will go into that, so we can keep up make the possible nicest sak around for long time for people like you that enjoy as i do and hopefully helps in every day work as well.

we have coldest weather here but mid week we do plan shipping, you get email as we do and as best i see near all is in stock, i will update on that as well and thanks again alot for your support!

best regards

+B

To me that says that he is getting ready to start producing his own line of SAKS.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 05:03:29 PM
Ive got a bit of a head start on them on modding.  :D  him being banned from the best sak forum doesnt help either.  :whistle:

They have a large pile of used 84 mm scissors I bet they will use first on cadet mods.

Of course the proof is when it happens.  He also said he was making 111mm alox but that never happened.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 05:05:47 PM by Syph007 »

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 07:00:10 PM
From some comments I read he posted on different forums, i always assumed he was strictly against modding and would only approve of knives made in Ibach?!

de Offline crackout

Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 07:43:30 PM
...or by himself. ::)
Say my name.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99