Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Is SwissBianco slacking?

us Offline Joe58

Re: Is SwissBianco slacking?
Reply #120 on: March 09, 2014, 03:15:52 AM
I do like the file work on the spines though. Do any of you other modders do that? Not sure what's all involved in that. Like if a special jig or something is needed. Just thought is looks cool.
🇨🇭

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #121 on: March 09, 2014, 03:38:36 AM
I have watched videos of Rogers. I believe he does have a Victorinox machine. And he is a modded which is a bit hypocritical. I've watched a video of him building a custom model for someone.

He doesn't have a machine.  Victorinox makes the knives for him.  That video is of a SAK making machine that Victorinox brings along to shows.  In fact, I posted a video of that machine in use by a MTO member long before Roger did and he sent me an email telling me that Victorinox said I should take it down so that the Chinese don't see it and copy it.

I didn't, China has yet to develop their own and now he posts his own videos of it.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Actually I would hide it from the Danes.  Next thing you know, they'll have a Lego kit to make one :rant:

do Offline Blade runner

Reply #122 on: March 09, 2014, 04:41:18 AM
It seems like unfair business practice for +B to continue getting sweet special deals from Victorinox when they shut down the special runs for everyone else. Great for those who want to collect. Sucks for others of us who were trying to fund a nonprofit charity. Sour grapes? Yes. End of rant.  :cry:
Agree, was thinking the same.....now that +B are the only dealer with "new" alox the prices will go higher than before, just take a look of the older models left for sale on their ebay store, Pioneers ( Sunset orange) for 125.00 :facepalm:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:48:13 AM by Blade runner »

Offline Espen

Reply #123 on: March 09, 2014, 04:46:51 AM
It seems like unfair business practice for +B to continue getting sweet special deals from Victorinox when they shut down the special runs for everyone else. Great for those who want to collect. Sucks for others of us who were trying to fund a nonprofit charity. Sour grapes? Yes. End of rant.  :cry:
I've been trying to figure out if B+ had anything to do with Victorinox ending the special runs. I wont buy anything more from B+ because he has made re-runs of supposedly limited knives, thus making the product less valuable.

I will focus on older cellidor SAKS from now on.

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #124 on: March 11, 2014, 10:30:51 AM
Alright, I might have to get me one of those earwax flavour Castaways.

I keep checking the Swiss Bianco website (what a pleasure to navigate) and it's looking kind of tumbleweedy in there. Just a few unwanted Lumberjacks and a florist. Wtf is a florist? Never mind...

Sooo - how long does it usually take between his announcing new products and making them available for sale?

edit... wow, typing on an ipad makes me dyslexic. I skip entire words! Weird...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:32:26 AM by Thunderpants »

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #125 on: March 11, 2014, 02:13:22 PM
Hmm, I'm confused. I thought the production of small series Alox is stopped? Seems that Swissbianco enjoys special treatment.

Too bad if that is why the prices rise even more  :-[
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

us Offline Hyatt181

Reply #126 on: March 11, 2014, 03:06:21 PM
I've also been checking it Dailey for the sea carver. But I'm concerned about the price the other knives with the marlin spike are $190 which is too rich for my blood. So we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like bowls, they contain chaos.

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #127 on: March 11, 2014, 03:13:33 PM
I'm concerned about the price the other knives with the marlin spike are $190

Well if they're that expensive I guess I will have to live without!

With the other colours he had a range of knives - Lumbejacks, Farmers, Carvers etc. Do you think he'll do the same with this "golden" colour? Or will it just be Sea carvers/ Castaways at that extortionate price?

ch Offline Sneider

• No Life Club
Reply #128 on: March 11, 2014, 03:31:21 PM
$ 190!  :ahhh The knife costs for Mr. SB maximum of $ 30!
Big profit.
Price and value are no longer in balance. That's not worth collecting. Without me.  :rant:
If you want to be happy, be.
(Leo Tolstoy)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #129 on: March 11, 2014, 03:34:07 PM
I was never overly fond of SwissBianco's specialty knives. I have always found them overpriced...and I tend to lump them with those limited run of 50 knives that Victorinox produced strictly for the high paying collectors.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #130 on: March 11, 2014, 04:00:09 PM
I was never overly fond of SwissBianco's specialty knives. I have always found them overpriced...and I tend to lump them with those limited run of 50 knives that Victorinox produced strictly for the high paying collectors.

My thoughts exactly... 

I find much more satisfaction in finding a good price on older, rarer factory production models.
- Terry

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #131 on: March 11, 2014, 04:03:47 PM

My thoughts exactly... 

I find much more satisfaction in finding a good price on older, rarer factory production models.

Well from my point of view its like cheating since its not like B+ assembles them or puts any work into the creation.  Vic does all that, and they just resell them.  All the customs I build I put 6+ hours in so when someone buys a custom from me they are getting my time and attention, not just flipping something already made.  But Im a dirty modder, what do I know...
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #132 on: March 11, 2014, 04:27:18 PM
But Im a dirty modder, what do I know...

Someone called me that the other day. I tried to correct the gentleman but he just punched me in the face.  :D

us Offline condcup

Reply #133 on: March 11, 2014, 04:58:45 PM
+B SAK's some sort of legal authorized by Victorinox. Mod SAK's not approved, may not a good image for Victorinox. >:D

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #134 on: March 11, 2014, 05:04:50 PM
+B SAK's some sort of legal authorized by Victorinox. Mod SAK's not approved, may not a good image for Victorinox. >:D

Yes I believe he said due to the 'inferior' quality of modding work.  Low end materials like brass and titanium really detract from a knife you know.   :rant:

They are custom Vic runs plain and simple so they have a warranty.  What he has that noone else has is the connections.  I need to save the life of a connected Vic employee and them maybe I can be allowed to get custom runs too, or parts?
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
Reply #135 on: March 11, 2014, 05:04:57 PM

My thoughts exactly... 

Well from my point of view its like cheating since its not like B+ assembles them or puts any work into the creation.  Vic does all that, and they just resell them.  All the customs I build I put 6+ hours in so when someone buys a custom from me they are getting my time and attention, not just flipping something already made.  But Im a dirty modder, what do I know...

Oh, I certainly agree with that point of view also.  IMO, your customs should be worth much more than the +B knives, considering the time and craftsmanship involved.

I might regret saying that on that day that I contract you to build a custom for me, though!  ;)
- Terry

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #136 on: March 11, 2014, 05:17:22 PM
For me, I limit myself to Farmers.  In regards to +B, I buy the Farmers that have cool color combos (like the Copper and Toxic Green) but I completely ignored the flat colored Alox ones (where the cross is the same color as the scale), in the same way I'm not paying more for a "Ted Nugent" Farmer, just cuz it has "Ted Nugent" on it.

That's just me.

Customs, OTOH, I buy for the uniqueness and functionality.  I don't consider the twin blade SAK's all that functional.  :-\

us Offline condcup

Reply #137 on: March 11, 2014, 06:10:21 PM
A Syph's SAK is very tempting, with all the positive feedbacks for quality parts. If a Syph can do it, I believe the Chinese can too, soon or later, they have plenty of brass and titanium. +B SAKs good for the Victorinox economy? or some +B Pioneer Damascus, Swiss Made? :drool:

cs Offline MWDP

• No Life Club
  • Alox Addicted
Reply #138 on: March 11, 2014, 07:03:58 PM

To be fair, the 50 piece limited runs of Pioneers and Cadets (which are my primary interest) were about 75$ at felinevet. To me that is a very reasonable price for something limited to 50 pieces, numbered, dated, with an engraved blade. On the other hand, a Swiss Bianco Lumberjack in apocalypse green costs about the same, and it's produced in the hundreds...

Besides, now that I've read a bit more on MTO, I regret giving money for a Lumberjack to him. Truly the best times for limited alox runs are gone...
My custom SAK scale thread: http://bit.ly/1bBIzzD

Always on the lookout for smooth alox 84mm advertising Victorinox models - Bantam, Cadet, Cadet II, Voyageur! Message me if you have something

us Offline singleshot03

Reply #139 on: March 11, 2014, 09:35:13 PM
Slacking or not I look forward to their new knives.  I guess I am sorta like a fish an attracted to the shiny colors.

Jim

do Offline Blade runner

Reply #140 on: March 12, 2014, 11:36:10 AM
Sea Ranchers in the same three colors.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 261.16 KB)

br Offline edursr

Reply #141 on: March 13, 2014, 07:37:16 PM
Slacking or not I look forward to their new knives.  I guess I am sorta like a fish an attracted to the shiny colors.

Jim
:D mee too...  :gimme:

I just hope that he change his mind and sell it at a fair price... otherwise I won't have any of those in my collection... :think:

do Offline Blade runner

Reply #142 on: March 16, 2014, 04:20:21 PM
Think +B is advertising Seaman as a Sailors

Looks like are going to be different model in the 3 color shown, Sea Rancher, First mates.....

us Offline burnside

Reply #143 on: March 16, 2014, 04:28:16 PM
This is the first time that I think the red colored Swissbiancos look better than the other colors. I think it's the lack of silver on the cross and shield that make the blue and gold look awkward.

At least the red ones have it.

do Offline Blade runner

Reply #144 on: March 16, 2014, 06:52:51 PM
This is the first time that I think the red colored Swissbiancos look better than the other colors. I think it's the lack of silver on the cross and shield that make the blue and gold look awkward.

At least the red ones have it.
Agree, The red one looks better.

us Offline captain spaulding

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
Reply #145 on: March 16, 2014, 06:57:54 PM
Agreed as well about the red being the best looking one.
I'm the milk man!

br Offline edursr

Reply #146 on: March 17, 2014, 02:52:29 AM
are those new colors from Swissbianco already for sale?  :think:

If positive, where can I get it?

I did not find it at Swissbianco Website... ???

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #147 on: March 17, 2014, 12:33:57 PM
No they're not available yet... SwissBianco is slacking.

I'm curious to see how expensive these things will be. Everything with a marlin spike is instantly 3 times more expensive than usual... which is ridiculous. Not like anyone actually lives on a schooner.

za Offline ?eter

Reply #148 on: March 17, 2014, 12:35:46 PM
I'm curious to see how expensive these things will be. Everything with a marlin spike is instantly 3 times more expensive than usual... which is ridiculous. Not like anyone actually lives on a schooner.
And those of us with a legitimate need for a marlinspike on a user knife are priced out of the market

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #149 on: March 17, 2014, 02:11:32 PM
No they're not available yet... SwissBianco is slacking.

The marlin spike is also a sacking needle, useful for farmers ;)
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%