Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Is SwissBianco slacking?

us Offline NutSAK

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Is SwissBianco slacking?
Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 08:16:31 PM
...or by himself. ::)

Exactly.  Roger's point of view tends to be whatever best serves him at any given time.
- Terry

scotland Offline gardenvalley

Reply #31 on: January 08, 2014, 09:00:00 PM
Ive got a bit of a head start on them on modding.  :D  him being banned from the best sak forum doesnt help either..

Oh do tell, enquiring minds.........
Thi`s signature contain`s no superfluou`s apostrophe`s

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 09:47:02 PM
Ive got a bit of a head start on them on modding.  :D  him being banned from the best sak forum doesnt help either..

Dont know really, he was banned form this forum before I even joined.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Offline jrp316

Reply #33 on: January 10, 2014, 06:33:27 PM

Dont know really, he was banned form this forum before I even joined.

Seems that it's been a while since he was banned. I searched out his username and couldn't find any specifics, but one thing was telling: his username was evidently been changed to "Icheatpeople". Whatever it was couldn't be good.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #34 on: January 10, 2014, 06:54:44 PM
I believe there were some less than admirable business practices involving excessive shipping charges, late shipping, forgotten orders and similar such things.  That's all I know.  Caveat Emptor.

gb Offline Pignut71

Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 07:11:57 PM
Mjn

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: January 10, 2014, 07:15:04 PM
Anyone knows how did change Roger's account name here to "Icheatpeople"? Reading this topic made me curious and did a search for the discussions he participated to. And I was :o when I read this alias name. It's obvious to me as he did not do this himself - for example, anyone who saw his postings knows that he never uses uppercase letters.

Here:

http://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=profile;u=62

???

ch Offline victor7000

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: January 11, 2014, 05:57:12 PM

Do you really want to dig up old ugly bygone things...  ??? 
That's the problem with Internet. It never forgets and people do never forgive...

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: January 11, 2014, 08:33:40 PM

I am asking about the account name that can be seen today here. How can this happen? Normally a user cannot change their account name. So if somebody - anybody - gets banned they should also expect their account names to be edited? :o

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #39 on: January 11, 2014, 09:04:14 PM

I am asking about the account name that can be seen today here. How can this happen? Normally a user cannot change their account name. So if somebody - anybody - gets banned they should also expect their account names to be edited? :o

No, one shouldn't. :salute:

What happened there happened 6 years ago, ancient past in internet terms so I'm with Martin on this one. Let sleeping dogs ... well, sleep. ;)

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #40 on: January 15, 2014, 07:06:05 PM
From his Facebook page this week...
"today i looking for feedback about the apocalypse (ap) green sak that we did offer, how did you like that color and should we offer more models in that color? we did think about a pioneer as we had the soldier and on the alox minichamp? cadet plus maybe?"

Looks like he want's to do more runs in Apocalypse Green...maybe he has some rights on that colour?
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

us Offline rickinFL

Reply #41 on: January 15, 2014, 07:16:15 PM
I wish he would run more green carvers.  The only green 93 left is half a farmer at double the price.  The carver gave us awesome scales with leftover springs and blades to play with. 

He does have nice products but needs to work on site and that ridiculous shipping charge!  He should also think about using click and ship on paypal so that I have a tracking number.

gb Offline Dr Gonzo

Reply #42 on: January 15, 2014, 07:28:14 PM
I've only ordered from him once and it went missing in transit...I claimed via PP and he had a hissy fit saying he would not ship to the UK again and that it was my fault ::)

I like some of the models he gets made but I will go via the Canadian +B store if I ever want anything as I've heard they are great to deal with ;)
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #43 on: January 15, 2014, 07:57:36 PM
Speaking of ridiculous shipping charges, is it normal to ask $17 shipping to the U.K. for a set of 91mm scales?

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #44 on: January 15, 2014, 08:09:23 PM
Speaking of ridiculous shipping charges, is it normal to ask $17 shipping to the U.K. for a set of 91mm scales?

That's alot!

From Canada I can tell you when I ship scales it costs me $5 for an international order.  They are thin and will go through a letter slot so they can go letter rate.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

us Offline burnside

Reply #45 on: January 15, 2014, 08:14:16 PM
If swissbianco does Cadets made with 84mm scissors as a final run, I wonder what he will be charging for them. I bet they will be sold for more than usual if it's to be the final run of limited Alox, and if it includes 84mm scissors.

us Offline rickinFL

Reply #46 on: January 15, 2014, 08:26:30 PM
I've only ordered from him once and it went missing in transit...I claimed via PP and he had a hissy fit saying he would not ship to the UK again and that it was my fault ::)

I like some of the models he gets made but I will go via the Canadian +B store if I ever want anything as I've heard they are great to deal with ;)

Registered is the only way to ship.  It's about 20.00 but of it gets lost, It's the posts fault.  Insure for value.  For scales though, yes they can go as letter.  You better be willing to assume risk for loss though.

Us priority ship in a small flat box is 5.15 with paypal click/ship.  He charges 10.00.  For 10.00 I should not be begging for a tracking number. 

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #47 on: January 15, 2014, 08:48:05 PM
If swissbianco does Cadets made with 84mm scissors as a final run, I wonder what he will be charging for them. I bet they will be sold for more than usual if it's to be the final run of limited Alox, and if it includes 84mm scissors.

They have a big pile of used 84mm scissors and I bet thats what they will be using.  They wanted to give them to Vic to assemble but they refused to make new knives with old parts.  So unless they got a batch of new 84 scissors they must be assembling themselves this time. 

us Offline burnside

Reply #48 on: January 16, 2014, 02:22:47 AM

They have a big pile of used 84mm scissors and I bet thats what they will be using.  They wanted to give them to Vic to assemble but they refused to make new knives with old parts.  So unless they got a batch of new 84 scissors they must be assembling themselves this time.

I take it that swissbianco has one of those SAK machines that basically presses everything together once all lined up, and ta-da!..it's done.

Wait...does that even exist?  :think:  I think I saw that on the Victorinox documentary on youtube.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #49 on: January 16, 2014, 03:10:56 AM

I take it that swissbianco has one of those SAK machines that basically presses everything together once all lined up, and ta-da!..it's done.

Wait...does that even exist?  :think:  I think I saw that on the Victorinox documentary on youtube.

No simple machine for doing alox rivets that I know of.  Id love to see factory alox video.  The one from that documentary video was doing cellidor but probably the same type of machine with a finer or special tip. 

Hes made alot of claims that never happened so I wouldnt bank on cadets with scissors appearing. 

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: January 16, 2014, 10:20:55 AM
I have no personal experiences with Swissbianco, but I can say their Canadian eBay shop/Website´s personnel processed my order quickly - And while neither teh scales nor the shipping were extraordinarily cheap, It was the only place where I could find black Nylon scales in 91 mm, so I bit teh bullet and now I love the look of my Syph007 BO Spartan.

I am not into alox very much, but let´s just wait and see what he comes up with.

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #51 on: January 16, 2014, 11:37:27 AM
As far as I know, the CA site is run by Alexei who is a member here also but doesn't post for quite some time although he's online and follows the discussions. He does help out the members regularly though. :hatsoff:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #52 on: January 16, 2014, 11:42:42 AM
I don't have experience directly dealing with the Swissbianco main site, but I do have some experience dealing with Alexei from Swissbianco CA.  Personally, I do consider Alexei a good upright dealer, and he was very helpful in terms of trying to help me to locate some rare to find SAK, and the shipping is quick and well-packaged.  :tu:

de Offline crackout

Reply #53 on: January 16, 2014, 01:43:18 PM
I highly doubt there will be Alox models that Roger assembles himself.
Say my name.

gb Offline daverobson

Reply #54 on: January 16, 2014, 03:26:00 PM

That's alot!

From Canada I can tell you when I ship scales it costs me $5 for an international order.  They are thin and will go through a letter slot so they can go letter rate.

SwissBianco wanted to charge US$17 shipping from the U.S. to the U.K.
I've just had an email from Alexei in Canada & he is quoting CAD$7 shipping!
Some difference!
Unfortunately, Alexei is out of 91mm Black Nylon Scales, re-stock expected in 8 weeks.

us Offline sticktodrum

• Kershaws, Zebralights, SAKs, and Leather Men.
Reply #55 on: January 16, 2014, 07:10:26 PM
Alexei is epicly awesome. Got most of my Wenger SI's from him, and a number of the green models.
"If you put Bacardi in my glass again and try to tell me it's rum, I will burn this bar to the ground!"

-A paraphrase of something I read, to which I related strongly.

us Offline Marius

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: January 17, 2014, 04:41:30 AM
Alexei is awesome and I'm glad that people here like him. He truly deserves this. But please remember next time when you want to say something bad about SwissBianco that Alexei is also SwissBianco.

In my opinion without SwissBianco, Roger and Alexei, we would not have several cool and interesting SAKs. And I am not referring to just the Carver. The annual Damascus series - where did that start from? And so on. To me the SAK world won't be the same without SwissBianco.

To everyone:

:cheers:

us Offline burnside

Reply #57 on: January 17, 2014, 06:21:46 AM
I'm personally looking forward to what Swissbianco will be bringing forth in the world of Alox SAKs. I'm sure we have some great surprises in store for us in the not too distant future.

us Offline rickinFL

Reply #58 on: February 14, 2014, 04:31:24 AM
Well, after having my second order canceled by Roger I receieved this very friendly email...

hello,

we reserve the rights to sell to who we want, as items are in stock. you did complain email in the past, please do not order anymore.

best regards

+B 

The complaint he is referring to is my asking for a tracking number for my order that he charged me 10.00 to ship.  It is VERY SAD when a dealer treats their customers in this manner.  VERY SAD! 

us Offline detron

• Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #59 on: February 14, 2014, 04:38:07 AM
Well, after having my second order canceled by Roger I receieved this very friendly email...

hello,

we reserve the rights to sell to who we want, as items are in stock. you did complain email in the past, please do not order anymore.

best regards

+B 

The complaint he is referring to is my asking for a tracking number for my order that he charged me 10.00 to ship.  It is VERY SAD when a dealer treats their customers in this manner.  VERY SAD!

very sad indeed,  I am sorry to hear this
If I can help, let me know 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $142.99
PayPal Fees: $8.01
Net Balance: $134.98
Below Goal: $165.02