Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

MT.O Lovin'

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: MT.O Lovin'
Reply #60 on: December 12, 2013, 01:42:49 PM
Grant dragged me here from SOSAK and threatened me.........:)) glad he did.

Btw, the shirt looks cool! Great idea and funny!

sent from Nate's mobile

Sign in to SOSAK on KF now and see where you'd be if you hadn't made the jump....  :pok:

Def
Probably would have got banned or worse....
Very glad I came over here. They where a little to serious at times over there. They didn't seem to like the thread derails as or joke as much.

sent from Nate's mobile
Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #61 on: December 12, 2013, 01:53:38 PM
I resigned as a Mod there a while back and I think my name is still on it.  I haven't had any desire to go back since it was taken over by F+W media, and certainly not since they ousted Jim Nowka.  Jim is the reason I stayed with KF so long.

Just to clarify, I have nothing against F+W Media, just that once Jim was no longer head honcho I lost interest.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Online nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: December 13, 2013, 03:34:40 AM
I resigned as a Mod there a while back and I think my name is still on it.  I haven't had any desire to go back since it was taken over by F+W media, and certainly not since they ousted Jim Nowka.  Jim is the reason I stayed with KF so long.

Just to clarify, I have nothing against F+W Media, just that once Jim was no longer head honcho I lost interest.

Def

I still check in there once in a while, but frankly it seems mostly dead.

MT.O (particularly the Swiss Forum, of course) reminds me of SOSAK in its heyday... :cheers:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #63 on: December 13, 2013, 10:28:19 AM

Def

I still check in there once in a while, but frankly it seems mostly dead.

MT.O (particularly the Swiss Forum, of course) reminds me of SOSAK in its heyday... :cheers:
Yes it does.

Grant you are right about Jim. Seemed like a standup guy. I only talked to him a few times through PMs but he seemed always strait forward and honest.

sent from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #64 on: December 13, 2013, 07:58:02 PM
I hate to toot my own horn here, but the reason MTO reminds you of SOSAK in it's heyday is largely because of my influence.

That is uncharacteristically boldbof me to say, and overly simplified, but when I took over as the Grand Toolmaster in SOSAK it was doing a half dozen or so posts a week. I put a lot of effort into building it up until it was the third busiest forum at KF, right after General Knife Discussion and Knives For Sale.

MTO was built the same way, with many of the same people so the vibe had remained more or less the same.

I'm not taking credit for the forums' success,  just saying that hard work and the right people anf framework can ke anything happen.

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #65 on: December 13, 2013, 08:08:44 PM
Well I would say that makes you a good influence Grant :tu:
K-Tibbs

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #66 on: December 13, 2013, 08:09:36 PM
I hate to toot my own horn here, but the reason MTO reminds you of SOSAK in it's heyday is largely because of my influence.

That is uncharacteristically boldbof me to say, and overly simplified, but when I took over as the Grand Toolmaster in SOSAK it was doing a half dozen or so posts a week. I put a lot of effort into building it up until it was the third busiest forum at KF, right after General Knife Discussion and Knives For Sale.

MTO was built the same way, with many of the same people so the vibe had remained more or less the same.

I'm not taking credit for the forums' success,  just saying that hard work and the right people anf framework can ke anything happen.

Def

I can believe it

If I can help, let me know 

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #67 on: December 13, 2013, 08:16:56 PM
That's a good one Detron :tu:
K-Tibbs

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #68 on: December 14, 2013, 11:19:05 AM

Def

I can believe it

(Image removed from quote.)

Hear hear! :salute:
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #69 on: December 14, 2013, 04:47:57 PM
 :D Ah, good old Fred...
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #70 on: December 14, 2013, 09:11:54 PM
Yay, I'm not just a tool, I'm a multi tool!   :D

We need to put that on shirts or something...

Def

Something like this maybe...

Looks good to me!

That does look awesome!

Def
I really like that!!  :tu:

Me too! Now, just in navy, with white lining  :whistle:
I like it too. A tad more towards maroon should be perfect for me. :tu: Great drawings those are ! I wonder how they'd look on maroon  :think:          :ahhh

:D

I misread that as "I wonder how they'd look on a moron"  :facepalm:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #71 on: December 14, 2013, 09:49:48 PM
Yay, I'm not just a tool, I'm a multi tool!   :D

We need to put that on shirts or something...

Def

Something like this maybe...

Looks good to me!

That does look awesome!

Def
I really like that!!  :tu:

Me too! Now, just in navy, with white lining  :whistle:
I like it too. A tad more towards maroon should be perfect for me. :tu: Great drawings those are ! I wonder how they'd look on maroon  :think:          :ahhh

:D

:rofl:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #72 on: December 15, 2013, 05:13:47 PM
I'm a member of several forums, mostly those that deal in knives, watches, flashlights, other gear or EDC type stuff.  I think the most posts I've made on one of those other forums is almost 100 (over the course of almost 10 years  :ahhh)

I've never been the type to hang out on the computer or internet too much, so the amount of time I've spent on here is an exception (though you may not know it when comparing my post count with others here).  I think the biggest part of this is the atmosphere.  This is the 1st place where I thought that I could contribute, rather than just sucking up information.  And, the ONLY place where my contributions seem to be appreciated.

Most other places I visit have rules that run to pages, just to list something to sell.  More pages to post.  More pages on how to interact via PM.  Who really has time for all that smurf  ::)

I think my biggest pet peeve is when people jump on your case for posting something that has been asked before.  "Use the search feature." Though, ironically, on two of the biggest forums whose members/mods answer this way have the worst, most broken search functions I've ever seen.  I love MTO's attitude that posts are what make forums go round.

Grant and the mods do a great job of creating and maintaining an atmosphere of fun and mutual respect, without being heavy-handed.  This truly is the best forum on the web that I have run across, and I thank you all for it!  :cheers:
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

gr Offline firiki

• Cats have pocket knives of their own
Reply #73 on: December 16, 2013, 01:03:03 PM

:rofl:

I could try that shirt on and tell you what other people think  :P

:cheers:
Omnia vincit amor. Vae victis.

Donations

Operational Funds