Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Skinth 1st load up

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
New Skinth 1st load up
on: December 12, 2013, 08:40:10 PM
So I won a Skinth on Detrons giveaway and I had been wanting one as many also have for a while.  I modified my Spirit sheath to include a belt clip and that has worked out very well so I was glad this came with one as that's my preferred way to carry a sheath.

I have no problem slipping a SAK into my pocket so I knew that wasn't going in my Skinth as I would still need a second sheath for a multi  :think: hmm.  Well I decided I could free up a bit of pocket space by putting my Spirit into the Skinth along with a light and pen plus a few band aids, a gel sanitizer, and the L wrench and bits  :whistle:.   Heck Ya! Lets run this bad boy fully loaded. It protested a bit but I'm sure the material is just tight since its new.

So far my only critique is the pocket clip  :( sorry guy and gals.  The "ridge" where the arrow is pointing makes it very hard to put on my belt.  It seems to be part of the belt clip so I have to use my nail to lift the ramp area up and onto my belt.  I don't have a particularly thick belt in case you are wondering also this was the case unloaded as well when I tried the case on.  Not a huge deal as once I put it on I'm good to go and it slips off fine.   
001.JPG
* 001.JPG (Filesize: 181.72 KB)
003.JPG
* 003.JPG (Filesize: 166.87 KB)
004.JPG
* 004.JPG (Filesize: 149.26 KB)
005.JPG
* 005.JPG (Filesize: 72.24 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Re: New Skinth 1st load up
Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 08:50:35 PM
I put one finger inside the belt clip, (holding it open a little) and then once it starts over the belt I remove the finger.  This was learned by trial and error, and I do not even think about it when I do it now.  UNDERSTAND, my belt is a paracord belt, so thicker than normal belts.  the one thing that mountain does do, is keep it from falling off of your belt.

to me this is still better than taking my belt off in order to get the sheath on or off.
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 09:00:54 PM
I put one finger inside the belt clip, (holding it open a little) and then once it starts over the belt I remove the finger.  This was learned by trial and error, and I do not even think about it when I do it now.  UNDERSTAND, my belt is a paracord belt, so thicker than normal belts.  the one thing that mountain does do, is keep it from falling off of your belt.

to me this is still better than taking my belt off in order to get the sheath on or off.

Exactly what I did and no problem at all.  I wear a leather belt and change is always change especially coming from my modded Spirit sheath with clip.  It holds great and wears very nice plus I now have more pocket space with my light and PFAK on board the Skinth  :rofl:

I use a niteize case for work and getting it off requires an effort as the clip doesn't want to come off easily so this all is good.  Its a great size for what I put in it I gonna run it like this for a week or so and see how this set up works.  I never really like the Sprit sheath at all till I added the clip but it only held the tool, L wrench and bits, corkscrew, and mini driver.  I now get to add my light and a PFAK so  :tu: to Skinth. As many know who have seem my LM Sheath I am not shy to pack that sucker like a mule during the gold rush.     
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 08:24:16 AM
My first full day with my Skinth and I'm impressed.  The clip worked out great and having my Spirit and other items in one location was a nice feeling.  It rode very well at 7- 8 o'clock position and I really liked how the bottom part leaned against my body.  This was a great first day of many I'm sure as the quality of the material is top rate.  I'm very thankful to have won this as I'm settling into a regular off day carry.  This was exactly what will not only compliment what I carry but will become essential to carrying my stuff efficiently.  I foresee a long relationship with Skinth and now like many who have one Skinth I now need a dozen  :whistle:.     
Esse Quam Videri

Offline rickboone

Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 10:21:48 AM
Thread your belt through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 05:08:01 PM
Thread your belt through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The clip for me is easy on and off.  When I got my LM nylon sheath I did just that and went to a friends bank without even a second thought about having the tool on me.  I got to the door and there was metal detector so, threading it out by removing my belt at the front door would be a little odd ( I stayed in the car ). I could have removed to the tool as well but I'd still have to go to the car.  A belt clip for me is on/off and no sheath on belt but as I say the Skinth worked out just fine as I did just like Detron mentioned, held the bottom of the clip while placing onto my belt. 

Esse Quam Videri

england Offline Taxi Dad

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 05:21:59 PM
I don't like belts ! because of a health issue I tend to wear 'jogging pants' whenever possible , the Skinth 'clip' works fantastically for me. if things get too heavy  ::) I can tie up the drawcord . I'm loving it !

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 05:27:44 PM
I don't like belts ! because of a health issue I tend to wear 'jogging pants' whenever possible , the Skinth 'clip' works fantastically for me. if things get too heavy  ::) I can tie up the drawcord . I'm loving it !

It is a great piece of gear. I am now looking at the 2xl and Mondo as this little guy I have is stuffed  :whistle:.  I'd love to switch out my Niteize and go to larger one for work.  The clip slid onto my jeans effortlessly but I'm a lean guy so a belt is a must.  I'm off today and my Skinth and I are headed out loaded up.
Esse Quam Videri

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 07:52:06 PM
That thing is ready to pop. Packed to the brim. :o

:D

Glad you like it and a very nice setup too. :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41