Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

You may have a mutitool problem if...

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
Re: You may have a mutitool problem if...
Reply #420 on: November 13, 2014, 04:48:26 PM

... you refuse to buy cans with ring-pulls because you want to get in on the can opener testing... and you already switched to bottled beer only for cap lifter testing purposes.
 :whistle:

:rofl:

Lol!!!!

-AdmSlc

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #421 on: November 13, 2014, 05:12:29 PM

You may have a multitool problem if Chako looks at your colection and says: "I've been looking for that one...".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now that thar is funny.

us Offline AdmSlc

• adm.slc@icloud.com
Reply #422 on: November 13, 2014, 05:25:23 PM

You track a package very closely and make sure you leave work on time to beat your wife home to grab the mail first when it is scheduled to arrive.
Been there done that!! Rofl

-AdmSlc

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #423 on: November 13, 2014, 05:42:01 PM
I view SAKs as multi-tools as by my definition, any object that has multiple uses and can be used as a tool fits the bill. SAKs are knife based multi-tools. Leathermans etc, are plier based multi-tools. I no longer view them differently as when I first started collecting SAKs...as which point I viewed them mostly as knives.

toys or not, they do serve usefully. I know quite a few tradesman carry one simply because of the convenience factor. It won't be the first tool they go for. but it will be their second once they found out they left their primary tool back in their toolbox/tool bag/truck. I know they do not view MTs as toys, nor do I. I pack a knifeless Fuse, and even as an educator I cannot tell you how many times having that tool on my belt saved some time and frustration. Mind you, I am no longer the computer contact for my school and thus haven't had to use mine as often...I still carry it.

By the way, I call my decorating style "MT Hedonism".  ;)
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #424 on: November 13, 2014, 05:47:02 PM
Funny that you did not put the Swisstool as to big to use.
 :D

For a lot of jobs, I do find it too big - and you can add the Swissgrip, MP800, Freehand, and Powerlock in there too if it helps balance things up for you :P The CS Plus gets used more for the accompanying bit set than the main tool these days  :whistle:
lmao!
You are not trying hard enough.
lost me on the CS plus.

Sorry Nate, the Swisstool CS Plus is effectively a Swisstool X which comes in a larger sheath with a detachable corkscew (complete with the mini driver) and a bit set and wrench ... kind of like an Allen key that takes 1/4" bits on each end  :salute:

Back on the tool sizes, I've found that the Spirit/Wave/MP400 sized tools don't lack any real function over the larger tools. I think it's all really down to ergonomics and what fits your hand best. I have the CS Plus (see above  :P), ST300, Core and a couple of others, and really don't think there's really much benefit in the extra size unless the smaller framed tools feel a bit too small in hand ... and I still think a SAK saw, blade, file is just as good in performance ... in some cases better ... but also has better ergonomics too (not counting the OHO 111mm Vics of course  :D)

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #425 on: November 13, 2014, 07:02:01 PM
Gotcha! 'CS plus' threw me there. Could not for the life of me figure out what that was til you said Swisstool.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #426 on: November 13, 2014, 07:54:44 PM
You may have a mutitool problem if...you host a 31 days challenge to boost up the popularity of your favorite multitool.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #427 on: November 14, 2014, 01:07:13 AM
I view SAKs as multi-tools as by my definition, any object that has multiple uses and can be used as a tool fits the bill. SAKs are knife based multi-tools. Leathermans etc, are plier based multi-tools. I no longer view them differently as when I first started collecting SAKs...as which point I viewed them mostly as knives.

toys or not, they do serve usefully. I know quite a few tradesman carry one simply because of the convenience factor. It won't be the first tool they go for. but it will be their second once they found out they left their primary tool back in their toolbox/tool bag/truck. I know they do not view MTs as toys, nor do I. I pack a knifeless Fuse, and even as an educator I cannot tell you how many times having that tool on my belt saved some time and frustration. Mind you, I am no longer the computer contact for my school and thus haven't had to use mine as often...I still carry it.

By the way, I call my decorating style "MT Hedonism";)

Awesome name.
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #428 on: November 14, 2014, 03:43:08 AM
You may have a mutitool problem if...you host a 31 days challenge to boost up the popularity of your favorite multitool.

No wait you really did that.

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #429 on: November 14, 2014, 04:51:24 AM
They are awesome, and for sure make up for a great collectible.
But like all these OPTs they are more man-toys for me, than something i ever needed (no matter if at home, in the office, or really working).

I think we have to accept that Lichtbote, unlike probably about 90% of us on this forum, every other SAK carrier in the world, and the whole of the Swiss Military,  :o has something against SAKs, and does not find them useful, apart from as a toy or collectable, and certainly does not class them as a tool.

His loss I'd say - I carry and use mine everyday, certainly for useful, and what I would call, tool like activities, at home, in the office, and for real work.
SAKs are the tool box in your pocket.
But hey, his choice - Variety is the spice of life - We all have our opinions - It sounds like they are just not big/man enough for him  :o

PS. You may have a multitool problem if....
"You get into silly arguments defending your favourite MT"

Ooops - Sorry I forgot the SAK is not an MT  >:D

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #430 on: November 14, 2014, 05:05:49 AM
Folks, let's keep this civil.  We're all entitled to our own opinions on tools and gear.
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%