Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Old Gerber Muti Tool

Offline 1gunsnotenough

Old Gerber Muti Tool
on: January 03, 2014, 02:46:08 AM
New to forum but have been carrying multi tools for 20 years or so. First can anyone ID this Gerber tool I have had for 15+ years. Always been in my loading bench and has never been used. 2nd I have found a Gerber Multi-Plier 650 Evolution Military Tech Kit. It is missing one tool head. Are the tool heads hard to find? And what is the value of the set.

Length about 3.5", 1" square. Has light in end.Top compartment folds open to expose compartment with jewelers size screw driver, tooth pic, tweezers.

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Re: Old Gerber Muti Tool
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 02:59:02 AM
That is a Gerber Multi lite. ;)
Leatherman

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 03:02:29 AM
Welcome to the forums 1gun! :cheers: What you have there is a Gerber Multi-Lite. It was introduced in 1997/1998, and many (if not all) of the blades it uses are also used in Gerber's MP600 line of plier multitools. Overall the Multi-Lite does have some serious limitations (the dim LED light being one for instance) but it is pretty strongly built and has gained a loyal following here amongst us tool nuts. :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline 1gunsnotenough

Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 03:19:03 AM
Thanks for the info. Light still works. I picked up this Gerber 600 at a gunshow the other week for $10. Actually bought several.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 03:28:48 AM
2nd I have found a Gerber Multi-Plier 650 Evolution Military Tech Kit. It is missing one tool head. Are the tool heads hard to find? And what is the value of the set.

Which tool head is missing ?  The heads from MP600s will fit if you grind down the pins.  The Cap Crimper needle nose head is probably the hardest to find (I've never seen one for sale outside a set), followed by the Cable Cutter, then Technician (fisherman or extra long needle nose).  The Blunt nose would be next, then the civilian (regular) needle nose head (I have a couple of spares of these).

Value would depend on condition, which head is missing and whether you have the special pouch and what it is like. These Gerbers have a design weakness in the clip that locates and retains the heads (these clips break quite often).  Depending on condition, which head is missing etc my guess is maybe somewhere between $85 and $175 if it was offered on eBay.  What do others think ?
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Offline 1gunsnotenough

Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 03:38:26 AM
I am picking it up tomorrow. It is one of the small plier heads missing. The needle nose and cutter heads are there. I will post pics tomorrow night.

scotland Online Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 09:36:57 AM
Nothing useful to add, but I will say welcome to the forum. :)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 03:53:18 PM
I am picking it up tomorrow. It is one of the small plier heads missing. The needle nose and cutter heads are there. I will post pics tomorrow night.

Looking forward to them pics. :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 11:14:50 PM
Thanks for the info. Light still works. I picked up this Gerber 600 at a gunshow the other week for $10. Actually bought several.

I'd buy all the good condition Gerber MP600s at that price, especially in as good condition as that.

us Offline jerseydevil

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 12:28:03 AM

For $10 I would have grabbed as many as possible!  Great score!  :tu:
There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 01:57:20 AM
  Welcome to MT.O sir  :salute:

That's a really great score!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30