Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Back from the Flea Market: Hobo Knife and AK47 Switchblade

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
So.. just came from the local Flea Market and got myself a Chinese Hobo Knife and a AK47 Switchblade, both brand new, in original packaging. Paid 5 Euros for both with 2 AK47 pouches as bonus..

The Hobo Knife is unmarked, probably made in China:
  • Scales are red Cellidor-wannabe, in fact some cheap plastic... I had similar some time ago and cracked at the first fall. All in all they look fine, feel fine, could have used some burring. Also they are glued to the metal
  • Spoon is well-sized, you can see it was bent to fit this and struggles to fit behind the blade
  • The blade is a penknife, soo dull... more of as butter knife
  • The awe is not sharpened and hard to pull, far too long and flimsy
  • The fork has a slight wobble
  • The cap-opener has an interesting design and I dont see why it shouldn't work
  • The corkscrew doesn't fit completely in the scales but seems really well done
  • The ring is flimsy
  • The knife breaks in the middle so you can use both knife and fork, each in one hand... the spoon loks the bits together ingenious but not well made
All in all, decent for 2 E, just what I needed for lunch and not worried I'll muck up my SAKs. Hope it doesn't rust/crack too soon

The AK 47 Switchblade is amazing, not sure if it's original (originals normally cost far more). It has wood handles, a very strong spring (nearly took my fingers off), a locking wheel on the back, some pins for fitting to an AK47 rifle and a gunsight. Every mechanism works great, there are no major flaws (on the knife, the sheath feels cheap though). What really amazed me is that for such a short, thick blade (almost 4 mm at the top it is razor-sharp... it was cutting paper like butter.. tip is really pointy too). I was thinking of keping this in my car or in the woods instead of my Nomad but I have a slight suspicion that the friendly policemen wouldn't like it much so in the drawer it goes ;-)

'

Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%