Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Hello from a newbi

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Hello from a newbi
on: January 21, 2014, 10:20:46 PM
HI folks, another newbie here and I thought I should introduce myself.

I used to be on the sosak forum but I lost my account password and with one thing and another kinda dropped out of the online side of things with SAK's until now, I don't know what made me look here after so long but I'm glad I did!!

I was pleasantly surprised to hear swissbianco was going to do 84mm sak with scissors, I checked his facebook page I noticed this part in a update.

" i expect this week an update from mr elsener on where we stand with the limited editions from victorinox, what i can say is that we have in february a huge number of limited editions coming and yes, alox in colors, models that where not be made jet. also the damascus 91mm sak is on the way to usa and we will have soon some more exiting replacement sak scales. if the spl alox from ibach come to an end, the alox soldier sak is finaly no longer be made in switzerland. we will move on and do ouer best possible to keep that sak up and preparations for that did start in winter of 2013. then the last swiss run will be the 84mm sak with scissor. and i see more scissors coming as we now how important they are for the serious sak user." 

So do you guys think/know if the 84mm w/scissors would be part of the release next month?

I'm sorry if this first post seems a bit rude but I'm feeling  :drool: :drool: :drool: :o :o :o :mail: :mail: :mail: :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh about the prospect of a 84mm model w/scissors, sp if its in alox!

On a related note I was looking through Jeroen blog and saw this in a post http://jeroensvictorinox.blogspot.be/2013/11/victorinox-factory-tour.html

"In 2014, Wenger produced knives will have Victorinox stamped on the blade, but with the addition Delemont. Ibach produced knives will have the same stamping they now have. The Wenger scissors will be replaced with the Victorinox ones"

Do you think this could mark a return to victorinox 84mm frame models with scissors? To my mind if they are going to replace the wenger scissors with the Victorinox ones that means a redesign which could be put on victorinox models.

Sorry for a rambling post but it's been a while since I posted of an internet forum     

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Re: Hello from a newbi
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 11:38:42 PM
Greetings Cauldronborn,

Any new Alox, in any old colour would be cool. With or without scissors. I've only been interested in SAKs the last few months, an especially dry season compared to the last few years.

So, if Mr Swissbianco is listening, I'll buy one... whatever it is.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 12:18:01 AM
Welcome Cauldronborn. I used to be a  SOSAKer myself.
I believe you will like this place better.
Nate

SEND IT!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 12:43:59 AM
Good to see you again buddy!  Glad you going your way over!

Def

Sent from a digital multitool

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 12:47:53 AM
Welcome, many of the old SOSAK crowd that are still active are over here now.  There is very little activity over there these days, but I hope it finds a place.  It's doubtful though at this point with the new owners of Knifeforums and their old software.    :cheers:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 12:49:17 AM
 :2tu: :waving:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline burnside

Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 12:54:58 AM
Welcome!  :cheers:

If Swissbianco gets new colored alox (especially 84mm w/scissors), then you can count me in for at least a few. I haven't ordered anything from them as of yet because I'm wary of their webpage and ordering system.

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 12:58:11 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Thunderpants: I know I know, we get what we gets. That doesn't mean I'm giving up hope though :gimme: OT not to be personal but do you by any chance like curry or chili? I do and have a similar nickname with my family.

ducttapetech: I have to agree with you, I've looked at some threads here before after doing a google search. I'm really looking forward to spending time here already.     

Grant Lamontagne: If you used to go by the username Defender over on SOSAK then I am very happy to see your ugly mush here!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 01:10:39 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Thunderpants: I know I know, we get what we gets. That doesn't mean I'm giving up hope though :gimme: OT not to be personal but do you by any chance like curry or chili? I do and have a similar nickname with my family.

ducttapetech: I have to agree with you, I've looked at some threads here before after doing a google search. I'm really looking forward to spending time here already.     

Grant Lamontagne: If you used to go by the username Defender over on SOSAK then I am very happy to see your ugly mush here!
Grant is Def. Here's da big Boss here.

Your gonna love it. Its like how SOSAK used to be, even funnier and alot more thread derailment. if such a thing was possible.

Nate

SEND IT!

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 01:14:43 AM
Welcome! :waving:

Nice to have you with us. :cheers:

I hope you have a camera so you can show us some of the nice SAKs in your collection. :D

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 01:18:04 AM
burnside, I can't say I've ordered form swissbianco myself either. I'm more a user than a collector so I haven't bothered with the colored cadets & farmers and the ones with a marlin spike weren't of much use to me either so I haven't bothered with the special editions, but alox w/scissors? may be in 84mm

Those I could use, depending on the tool set it could be my perfect EDC.   

ducttapetech: That's good to know, sounds like I should have joined up sooner. OT can I take it from your username that your the the fixituper around here?

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 01:24:52 AM
enki_ck Nope, no camera at present I'm afraid.  That said my "collocation" is pretty small and modern. I don't have any older models like I said I'm a user more than a collector.  Though if I get any nice alox models I'll certainly take a few photos.   

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 01:45:00 AM
OT not to be personal but do you by any chance like curry or chili?

:o

Serves me right, I suppose, picking a name like that... but no, scientific tests have shown my underpants are no more toxic than the next man's. And I am the first to cry if my wife overdoes it with the chili powder (in the food or anywhere else.)

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 01:49:22 AM
...... And I am the first to cry if my wife overdoes it with the chili powder (in the food or anywhere else.)

:o :o :o :o :o
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

00 Offline papercut

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 01:49:37 AM
what is troubling is the statement of.the end of alox. rather concerning.
Lurking with a large collection of sharp knives!

us Offline burnside

Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 10:23:55 AM
I am suspicious that all this "end of Alox" talk could be a marketing ploy to make sales, and to bump up the perceived value of alox on the aftermarket. When all is said and done, I could see Victorinox turning around and resurrecting or revamping the whole Alox line. If after this next release of special Alox from swissbianco, Victorinox started to regularly produce colored runs, I would be mad and glad at the same time.

burnside, I can't say I've ordered form swissbianco myself either. I'm more a user than a collector so I haven't bothered with the colored cadets & farmers and the ones with a marlin spike weren't of much use to me either so I haven't bothered with the special editions, but alox w/scissors? may be in 84mm

I thought I was more of a knife user than a collector myself, but since I got back into SAKs and alox this past year, my point of view has kind of changed. Alox with scissors would definitely be an addition that I think most of us here would greatly appreciate whether it's 84mm alox or 93mm alox.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 10:29:34 AM by burnside »

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 12:01:56 PM
After re-reading swissbianco's facebook update I think it's important to note that he said the special alox comes to an end.  Personally I think this is just referring to Victorinox stopping the small number limited edition runs of alox.

I have admit thought that I do find worrying as well, but like you burnside I can see vic using this as a opportunity to revamp the alox line.

With the passing of Carl Elsener last summer I think we will be seeing some changes with the Victorinox lines.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 01:02:43 PM

ducttapetech: That's good to know, sounds like I should have joined up sooner. OT can I take it from your username that your the the fixituper around here?
I fix, rig and mod all kinds of stuff. Mainly for myself. And I am sure that MT.O is happy that I don't "fix" anything around here.

sent from Nate's mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 02:46:29 PM
I fix, rig and mod all kinds of stuff. Mainly for myself. And I am sure that MT.O is happy that I don't "fix" anything around here.

I didn't mean in the software sense or on the forum itself.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding but in my experience there always seems to be a semi-pro do-ityourselfer/ handyman(or woman) on a forum.

Thought on one concerning multi-tools & swiss army knifes I guess it applies to everyone, just on a sliding scale from changing a fuse to a professional builder/contractor     
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:49:45 PM by Cauldronborn »

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 03:00:14 PM
No, I understood your question. I was just goofing.

I am a basically a farmer. Well was. Kinda got back up agaist a rock and a hard spot.  So I know how to do all kinds of stuff. Working on tractors and trucks. Know some electrical, pumping, welding and some other skills that I have learned because of farming. Mainly couldn't afford to pay somebody to do it. So I had to learn. Which is good. So basically, I am a Jack of trades, and master of none.

sent from Nate's mobile
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:01:48 PM by ducttapetech »
Nate

SEND IT!

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 10:18:01 PM
welcome mate
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline sir_mike

• No Life Club
  • It is what it isn't.
Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 10:22:30 PM
Welcome to the forum!   :cheers:

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 10:50:40 PM
Welcome  :cheers:

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 02:57:36 AM
Hi. :waving:
Leatherman

gb Offline Cauldronborn

Re: Hello from a newbie
Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 07:48:35 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I'm already feeling at home here. :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%