Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad by logging in.

It's "The Weather Sucks" thread 35309

No Life Club Posts: 2,981
Re: It's "The Weather Sucks" thread
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2014, 01:33:09 AM »
Lynn you don't happen to be from the New England area do you? :D That saying is all too true. I'm getting pretty tired of the below freezing weather. Makes it pretty hard to ride the bike.

I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,685 Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 03:03:34 AM »
-12f -42f wind blowing at 31mph

chilly

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:53:26 PM by enki_ck »

Defend the Hive!!!
Admin Team Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 23,280
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2014, 04:29:44 AM »

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 21,438 Wooooo!
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2014, 08:12:03 PM »
Yea the weather sucks here as well. 75 degrees without a cloud in the sky.  :whistle:

That gets you a  :megaslap: from the East coast....  >:(  We got about 2" of snow today, and it was a tropical 180 without the wind.  Going down to 5 tonight.  I don't envy the people going to Yankee Stadium tomorrow for the Devils-Blueskirts game.  Early forecasts are calling for similiar weather next Sunday for the Super Bowl too......

Shoot, we had clouds in Cali...still 75, though.

Well, at least we don't have to worry about wildfire season, mudslide season and chance of colossal earthquake.  :whistle:

That's true for me as well.  Those Californians still get a :twak: though for rubbing in their ideal temps ;) 

K-Tibbs
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2014, 08:13:21 PM »
Today, we had a high of 58F (14C).

Tomorrow's forecasted low is 1F (-17C).

:o

There's a joke around here. If you don't like the weather, wait for 24 hours. Sometimes it's VERY true.

We have a similar saying in Maine, only it's wait a few minutes instead of 24 hours ::)

K-Tibbs
No Life Club Posts: 2,981
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2014, 08:17:47 PM »
Same in Mass Monrogue. Woke up today to below freezing temps, ride my bike to class then come outside to find it raining, not more than an hour later and its around 40something and sunny :think:. I give up trying to figure it out

I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2014, 08:27:47 PM »
Same in Mass Monrogue. Woke up today to below freezing temps, ride my bike to class then come outside to find it raining, not more than an hour later and its around 40something and sunny :think:. I give up trying to figure it out

Yeah it's crazy sometimes.  Started off snowing a bit here, then on the way to work it cleared up and was sunny.  Then it clouded back up, got warmer and rained some.  Now it's still cloudy, not raining, but rather breezy.  It's hard to keep up with it, that's for sure. 

K-Tibbs
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 10,032 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2014, 08:44:20 PM »
Woke up this morning to look outside and see we got another four inches of snow, and it Looks like the kids might not have school tomorrow, it's suppose to plummet into the negatives by tonight with a nasty windchill yet only rise to 4f during the day as a high, only thing good I can say about this is, I don't have to shovel it :P lol, JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2014, 08:49:15 PM »
Woke up this morning to look outside and see we got another four inches of snow, and it Looks like the kids might not have school tomorrow, it's suppose to plummet into the negatives by tonight with a nasty windchill yet only rise to 4f during the day as a high, only thing good I can say about this is, I don't have to shovel it :P lol, JR

Yeah rub it in buddy :P  I'm curious....why does your kids' school close down when it's really cold?  That never happens here unless there is a problem at the school as a result of the extreme cold.

K-Tibbs
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2014, 09:00:18 PM »

Yeah rub it in buddy :P  I'm curious....why does your kids' school close down when it's really cold?  That never happens here unless there is a problem at the school as a result of the extreme cold.
You got me, I used to ride my bike to school in any weather, heck I made it to school one day to find out that they closed, but somewhere the wife read that the schools are suppose to close if the temp drops below -10f and that's with a windchill, I've already looked at the school closings and they've already started closing.. JR

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2014, 09:05:22 PM »

You got me, I used to ride my bike to school in any weather, heck I made it to school one day to find out that they closed, but somewhere the wife read that the schools are suppose to close if the temp drops below -10f and that's with a windchill, I've already looked at the school closings and they've already started closing.. JR

Yeah, I think they've softened a bit for this generation.  Maybe that rule isn't in place here about closing if below a certain temp :think:  You're still lucky you don't have to shovel :P

K-Tibbs
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2014, 09:11:28 PM »

Yeah, I think they've softened a bit for this generation.  Maybe that rule isn't in place here about closing if below a certain temp :think:  You're still lucky you don't have to shovel :P
Yeah I know, but I still had to kick it out of the way so the wife could walk up the steps the other day, and this morning the kids had to walk threw all the snow cause there lazy and haven't done it yet! I looked for our school again, and still not called off, but already over 125 called off! I think there just saving there butts from being taken to court! Most of them are St. And academies wimps! JR

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2014, 10:49:07 PM »
Ok, well they just called to confirm that the school will be closed tomorrow do to bad weather.. Woohoo, I'm jumping, Not! JR

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2014, 10:56:28 PM »
Ok, well they just called to confirm that the school will be closed tomorrow do to bad weather.. Woohoo, I'm jumping, Not! JR

You guys getting hit with snow again tomorrow down there, or is it just more cold and wind? Traverse has already called off school tomorrow due to snow. :P

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2014, 11:49:00 PM »
Negative 15f wind chill -35'f

Defend the Hive!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2014, 11:53:08 PM »

Ugh, bet you're starting to feel like your avatar pic there. :P

No Life Club Posts: 3,053 It is what it isn't.
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2014, 12:11:13 AM »
Today the high got to 1 degree, I think with the windchill around -15 degrees or so.  The last I heard anyway! :)

Just cleaned up another ton or two or three of snow in driveway and yard!  It is getting old! :)

I guess where I am at we are about 28-30 inches above normal/what we should have by this time!  Awesome! LOL

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2014, 12:20:21 AM »
Only a 30% of any snow,

You guys getting hit with snow again tomorrow down there, or is it just more cold and wind? Traverse has already called off school tomorrow due to snow. :P
Only a 30% of any snow! but with a high of 2f and windchill of -30! JR

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2014, 12:34:59 AM »

:rotfl:

that's why I picked it.

Defend the Hive!!!
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2014, 12:54:38 AM »

that's why I picked it.
That's jack from the shining right,, when he gets trapped in the maze at the end? JR

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2014, 01:10:39 AM »

that's why I picked it.
That's jack from the shining right,, when he gets trapped in the maze at the end? JR

that's it :)

Defend the Hive!!!
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2014, 02:54:54 AM »

that's why I picked it.

Thought it was, did you ever see the other shining that came out in a mini series? JR

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2014, 03:17:49 AM »

that's why I picked it.

Thought it was, did you ever see the other shining that came out in a mini series? JR

I don't remember seeing one.

my egg hatched in 1975 so I might have been a little young to remember.

Defend the Hive!!!
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2014, 03:30:41 AM »

that's why I picked it.

I don't remember seeing one.

my egg hatched in 1975 so I might have been a little young to remember.
Well that makes you 4yrs older then me,, but that series was in 97. JR

Global Moderator Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 10,526 Join us! Embrace the Flicky Faith!
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2014, 03:40:39 AM »
At about noon today, I went outside to throw something in the dumpster out behind the store and was shocked at what I saw.  There was actually liquid water on the ground!  :o  It's been weeks since I've seen that!  Of course, by the time I left at 6pm the temp had dropped over 20 degrees to the mid teens, going down to about 3f here tonight.  >:(  The 20-30mph winds that are coming through now make it a truly lovely outdoor experience.  Can't wait to see what the weather's going to be like here on Sunday for the Super Bowl......

There's no such thing as "Too pretty to carry".  There's only "Too pretty NOT to carry"...... >:D
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 14,932 words and stuff...
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2014, 11:19:15 AM »
-11F now and the wind is killer.

that's us mobile

Nate
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2014, 04:58:52 PM »
It was 4f on the thermometer, but -5f on tv, but as ducttapetech said that wind is killer! JR

Full Member Posts: 225
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2014, 08:13:38 PM »
on the day i have tickets to 'book of mormon' in atlanta, ga (three hours away) it is an unprecedented snowstorm.

going anyway.  no refunds, no exchanges.  wish i had a jeep.
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2014, 09:27:16 PM »
on the day i have tickets to 'book of mormon' in atlanta, ga (three hours away) it is an unprecedented snowstorm.

Be safe! JR

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2014, 09:52:23 PM »

Be safe! JR

+1 to that :)

K-Tibbs

Operational Funds

Keep the Unworkable working! Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $275.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $95.00
PayPal Fees: $5.38
Net Balance: $89.62
Below Goal: $185.38
Site Currency: USD
33% 
March Donations

Community Links